Chapter 4 - The End

First Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For a few hours, Hyukjae went about his work and sent a message asking where Donghae was and if he could meet them. 

 The husband only replied with an address of a location, so the CEO quickly got in his car and drove to the final destination. 

 He parked the vehicle and was surprised to see the door of a well-lit pavilion with a few people chatting, but a banner in bold letters reading "Chess Tournament". He entered the place and most of the people were teenagers or even adults, his gaze quickly scanning the place and he soon spotted Donghae sitting down and looking at a table a few meters ahead. 

 To say that Hyukjae was shocked was an understatement, because his mouth dropped open wide at the sight of the only child in the place competing, and that child was his son Lee Rowoon. 

 Hyukjae : Rowoon is... (sat down next to the fascinated brunette)

 Donghae : If he wins, he'll get into the finals (he spoke proudly)

 Hyukjae : So that's what you've been doing every Saturday while I've been at work?

 Donghae : Almost that

 Hyukjae : Why didn't you tell me?

 Donghae : Work first (took a deep breath) But this isn't the place to talk about it. 

 Hyukjae : I'm sorry I've been so absent 

 Donghae : Hyuk is no place for that 

 Hyukjae : How many are left to defeat?

 Donghae : Ronnie is playing the bishop, king and queen while his opponent only has a pawn, knight and queen.

Those words to the older man were like someone speaking Arabic to him. 

 Hyukjae : What?

 Donghae : You have to checkmate with a bishop, something they like to call the Lone Bishop.

 

 More strange words, but it was fascinating to hear Donghae pronounce it as if it were his own language.

 Hyukjae : I...

 Donghae : I didn't kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter