A Bittersweet Reunion

Keep Dreaming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the end of the year 2022. Winter was in full bloom. White snow dusted the streets of Seoul. Nature seemed to be in a good mood that day, for although it was freezing, the sun peeked out from behind the clouds after a snowy night. 

The weather matched the moods of all the SM stans, as it was the day of the SMCU Palace Concert. All the SM idols were busy working hard and preparing for the big day.

Like the swarm of excited fans, Lia Gracey was making her way to the concert venue. She was born in America, moved to Seoul at age 4 due to her parents' jobs, moved back to America at age 12 and eventually returned to Seoul to find a permanent occupation just a month prior. Currently working at a famous cafe, she had enough savings to go to the concert. She was a big fan of all the SM idols, but her biases were EXO's D.O. and SHINee's Key. She bought all of EXO and SHINee's albums. She was a very dedicated fan of Aespa, as well.

As she made her way to the entrance of the concert hall, a girl with bright-green hair holding a pearl aqua SHINee lightstick caught her eye. The girl's side profile looked very familiar. 

Lia walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Excuse me, sorry but have we met before?"

"Uh, who are y...Oh my god Lin!!!!" The girl shouted, alarming Lia whose mouth fell agape as soon as she heard her childhood nickname.

"Oh my god, I thought I'd never see you again! How was your time in America? When did you come back? Don't you remember me? I mean, who could possibly forget me, right?" The strangely familiar girl just kept talking, confusing Lia.

"Hold on a second! Aeri? Is that really you? The last time I checked, you didn't have green hair." Lia suddenly remarked.

"Of course it's me. Oh, and the green hair is for NCT to spot me. And the lightstick is for Onew to notice me. And I'm wearing this SJ shirt for Siwon to finally see me. My daddy made sure they would talk to me, or smile at me, or..."

"I didn't know you were into K-pop or music at all, actually." Lia interrupted, genuinely shocked.

"Oh yeah, I'm probably the biggest fan ever. I have literally all of their albums and posters and CDs and..." Aeri would have gone on if not for the tall girl approaching them.

"You two are here too?! I just saw Angelica in the crowd!" She cried out.

"Soori?! You haven't changed at all!" Lia exclaimed, moving forward to hug her best friend.

"Soo...Lin?! Aerina?!" A squeal of excitement startled the girls.

"Angel?! Oh my, you dyed your hair blond?! You look gorgeous!" Lia nearly shouted, naturally speaking in English with her American friend.

"Girl, you will never believe who I just found!" Angelica said.

"Choi Siwon?!" Aeri asked hopefully.

"No!"

"Karina?!" Lia w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter