Chapter 4

chasing happiness

The wedding day finally approached.

 

"Seung jo ah" ommoni called him downstairs "We will be late for the wedding"

 

ommoni cant hear any response from him so she decided to go up and look. She opened the door of his room but he is no where to find.

 

"Where is that child go?"

 

-----Seung Jo's POV----

 

the day cme and i cant breath since last night.  My heart is really aching so bad.  I must do something about this.. I headed my way to the wedding hall, there I saw guests almost all around.  I must look for ha ni ah.

 

I entered to the waiting area and there I saw her with her head hung low.

 

"Ha ni ah.." I called her name almost whispering. Ha ni looked up and met my eyes.

 

"Seung jo ah?" her eyes widened and I saw that her eyes are filled with sadness and sorrow "what are you doing here?"

 

I walked closer, I squatted down infront of her, I held both her hands and I felt her hands are shaking at the moment.

 

"Ha ni ah.... dont...dont do this.. dont marry him" I said sounded almost pleading.

 

Ha ni lowered her head once again and tried to release her hands in my gripped. she then clutch the skirt of her wedding gown so tight, then I heard tiny sobs coming from her as tears started to drop down her hands.

 

"I am sorry seung jo ah... but .... I cant do that" ha ni said between her sobs.

 

" Ha ni ah... please", now I am really pleading.  I grabbed both her hands once again.  Now more tighter than before afraid to let her go.  Im now down on bended knees to show her my sincerity.  I never knew that I could be this pathetic in my entire life. Me? The almighty Baek Seung Jo? But what can I do?  If ha ni will continue with her decision of marrying bong jung go what will my life could be? Ha ni is all I need to be with my trueself.  Without her,  where will I end up?  Maybe I will die with a cold heart.

 

Ha ni looked deeply in my eyes, maybe she noticed my state, my condition at this moment.

 

"please Seung jo, dont make this hard for me"Ha ni said with her face and eyes drench in tears.  My heart tightened again seeing her like this.  Her heart suffered a lot because of me. I actually blamed myself for all of these... If I just set aside my cowardness and let my heart decide as early as possible, this occasion wont happen.

 

"Im sorry Ha ni ah....this is all my fault"

 

I felt liquid slid down the sides of my nose that came from my eyes.  What is this?  Am I crying now? all these feelings and emotions am facing right now made me fragile.  I know am afraid about this situation.. Hani may not be intelligent but her heart wont choose to hurt jung go even if i know that am the one who possesses her heart.  but still I have to do all the great things that a genius can do to win her back.

 

"Please Ha ni ah" I uttered finally after all the courage that I gained.

 

Looking at her, I know she cant believe that am doing all these and saying all these words in her.

 

She then wipe away my tears and cupped my face with both her hands and said " You will always have my heart... even if I have to marry Bong jung go and live my life with him,  but I know that I cant change my heart... It's always you......here (pointing at her heart)"

 

Ha ni then leaned closer and kiss me on my lips... I closed my eyes and have this moment engraved in my heart... That's it.... I know there is nothing I can do anymore now to change her mind.

 

-----End of Seung Jo's POV-----