Six

A Cherished Ray
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When their lunch period was over, the two friends that had successfully made up with each other walked towards the classroom together. Shin Hye was still reading her book with Jin Woo keeping a look out of where she was walking and took care of her diligently. While unaware of his own surroundings, someone had accidentally bumped into him.

“Oh sorry, are you alright?” asked Jin Woo while helping to pick up the person’s notebook. The incident finally managed to tear Shin Hye’s attention away from her book.

“I’m okay… It’s alright. Thanks,” came a reply from the student as she took Jin Woo’s hand when he offered to help her up.

“You sure about that?”

“Yes.”

And when she finally walked away,

“Is she, our classmate?” asked Jin Woo when he saw the girl walked into the same classroom as them.

“Yeah."

"What's her name?"

“Da Eun... Why? Do you fancy her too?"

"Huh?! What are you talking about?”

“Well… She’s the school’s belle…”

“So? What has that got to do with me?”

“Didn’t you notice her when you first step into the classroom? Her beauty is outstanding. At least it was obvious to me.”

“I only have my eyes for you… And you are not bad looking yourself. Why would I bother looking at others, when I have you?”

“You’re starting again?”

“Okay fine… I’ll stop…”

“Why did you even ask for her name then?”

“Well... I was just wondering why can’t you be friends with another girl instead of that boy I saw earlier?”

“You are really pushing it now, aren’t you?”

“Is it too obvious?”

“I just happened to not be stupid. That’s all,” retort Shin Hye with Jin Woo smiling cheekily.

When the two of them finally entered the classroom, Shin Hye noticed there was a small box of milk on her desk. She saw a note that was placed below it and the note reads,

I don’t wish for my teacher to fall ill from not having anything to fill her stomach with.

She immediately knew who had given her the milk and smiled upon reading the note from Min Ho, before taking out her mobile phone to text him while the teacher had not stepped into the class.

Min Ho, I’m sorry about what happened just now. I hope I have not offended you in any way. And Thank you for the milk.

Min Ho who had just come out of the washroom took his phone out and read the message from Shin Hye. He smiled in response and rushed back to the classroom, passing by her desk as he spoke softly to her,

“I’m glad you are feeling better now. And no, I was not offended.”

When school was finally over, both Min Ho and Jin Woo approached Shin Hye who was still packing her belongings. The two teen boys were looking at each other with much scrutiny. Both were not used to see anyone else, apart from himself, hanging around Shin Hye.

When she was done packing, she looked to her right and left where the two boys were standing and asked, “Why are the two of you still standing here? Not going home?”

“Aren’t you coming to our practice?” asked Min Ho urgently.

“What practice?” with Jin Woo inserting himself into the conversation.

Min Ho looked at him and retort, “Is there a need for you to know?” 

“Why not? I’m Shin Hye’s friend.”

“And I’m her friend too,” as Min Ho shot back.

Shin Hye who was new to what was unravelling in front of her, found their conversation strange. It sounded childish to her as she snapped at them both,

“So, this is what a busy children’s playground feels like?” before walking away causing Min Ho to go after her.

“Ssinz, you’re really not going?”

“I am. I’ve promised Chan Yong, haven’t I?’

“Now who is this Chan Yong? Another guy friend?” mumbled Jin Woo who was following them from behind.

“Min Ho, I need to go to the teachers’ room,” stated Shin Hye nonchalantly.

“What for?”

“You’ll find out soon enough. Just wait for me at the school’s entrance, okay?”

“Nope. I’m coming with you.”

“Count me in!” as Jin Woo chimed in.

“No one invited you…” said Min Ho assertively.

“It’s okay, Min Ho-sshi. I shall invite myself. I’m Shin Hye’s friend and we come in a bundle. A plus one. So, are you coming with us?” stated Jin Woo without a hint of bashfulness.

They waited for her outside of the teachers’ room, and when Shin Hye finally emerged through the doors, the scene prompted the two teens to want to lend a helping hand as they saw what she was carrying, to which Shin Hye remarked as a matter of fact,

“Are the two of you as nice to your mothers as well?”

The sudden statement from Shin Hye caused the two of them to stop arguing as to who would be able to help her. Shin Hye on the other hand was not going to stand in the ceremony where she quickly handed the bass guitar over to Jin Woo.

“Here you go, you can carry it," stated Shin Hye monotonously.

Min Ho felt slighted by her action as though she had unofficially chosen Jin Woo over him, but what she said next made him happy.

“Because you have been particularly annoying to me today and that you have shamelessly invited yourself when Min Ho had not agreed to anything, while using me as your trump card.”

However, Jin Woo was more than happy to be receiving the orders from her, “Your wish is my command. If it makes you feel a little better about my presence here, I’ll be more than happy to be of service.”

Min Ho ended up feeling conflicted upon hearing Jin Woo’s response but Shin Hye who was unaware of his confl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter