Four

A Cherished Ray
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A couple of weeks had passed, and Shin Hye had been guiding Min Ho in his studies while making him read more books to which he was now willing to do so without much resistance. Due to their study arrangement, they naturally ended up hanging out with each other often; to an extent that he even invited her over for his band practices. It didn’t take long for the rest of the members to be acquainted with her as well since she was there to not only help with their studies but their musicianship as well.

“Shin Hye… You’re amazing… You must be a musician too…” Sang Woo remarked after she had told him that it would've sound better for the song that they were practicing on if he had played his drums in the way that she had described.

“No... No... Definitely not... I just enjoy music a lot… That’s all…”

“Can someone who enjoys music a lot really be this good?” probed Sang Woo further, but Min Ho quickly noticed his overly friendly friend was starting to make Shin Hye uncomfortable. He took it upon himself to cut Sang Woo's query by saying, “I think she’s just smart…”

“Well… I won’t deny that compliment, Min Ho…” as she smiled while looking at him, her way of acknowledging his help.

The direct eye contact between Shin Hye and Min Ho was making him slightly flustered, prompting him to break the tension as he announced, “Practice is over… I must head home now…”

“Okay Min Ho…” said Chan Yong. Sang Woo on the other hand was asking Shin Hye, “You don’t have to head home early as Min Ho does, right? Would you like to have dinner with us?”

Shin Hye was hesitating because she did not want to reveal any more of herself to other people than what she was comfortable with, “Ermm…”

However, before Shin Hye could answer, “I need to ask my teacher something… So, she won't be able to join you guys for dinner...” as Min Ho interjects the conversation.

“What other question would you have about school work?! We did our revision before practice just now… And it's not like you were ever interested in studying...” whined Sang Woo.

Min Ho took offence by what his friend had just said due to the fact that every word Sang Woo uttered was true, but he was determined to not get caught for his lies and blurted out, “Ya~! You don’t go to the same school as us, do you? So, there are some questions that are specific to OUR schoolwork…”

“Gosh! Min Ho… You’re such a spoilsport…”

“Well too bad then…” with Min Ho shrugging his shoulders.

“Min Ho ya~, are you bragging about attending an elite school to us now?” as Jae Ho chimed in.

“No! Of course not... I wasn't bragging… But Sang Woo just can’t stop prodding. That’s why…”

“By the way, Shin Hye…” said Chan Yong quietly, but it didn’t slip from Min Ho’s attention who was now standing beside her.

“Yes?”

“I don’t know if it’s too much to ask you of this…”

“Go ahead, tell me… What is it, Chan Yong?”

“Do you think you could help me with the customisation of my bass guitar? Are you familiar with it as well? Or do you only customise strato?” as he meekly asked thinking that Shin Hye would reject his request.

Shin Hye smiled upon hearing his question and immediately agreed, “Sure… I think that’s something I can do… I may not be very good at it though… So I would require your help in some ways, if you don’t mind.”

Chan Yong's face was full of excitement as soon as he heard what Shin Hye had to say, “Really?! That’s great… Just tell me what’s needed, and I’ll prepare it…”

“But you're not in a hurry, are you? Because if you are, I might need to check my schedule...”

“Yes… Yes... There's no rush… I'm already grateful that you would do me this favour...”

“Don't worry about it... It's not much... So... Guys, alright… I've got to make a move…”

“Shin Hye ya~~ Do you really have to go?” whined Sang Woo further, causing Shin Hye to chuckle, “Yes… I do, Sang Woo ya~~ Teacher duty calls…” with her pointing towards Min Ho, causing him to smirk at his disgruntled friend.

They were walking towards the main road when Min Ho asked Shin Hye, “You really want to help with the customisation of Chan Yong’s bass?”

“Yeah…”

“Do you even have time to do it? I mean you even mentioned your schedule earlier...”

“I can definitely squeeze some time… To make it easy, I can even do it while you guys are practicing…”

“But how?? We don’t have a replacement for him while you are picking apart his bass guitar…”

“Well... Who says he doesn’t?”

“What?! Are you going to take his bass and give him another one like you did with me?”

“Huh?! Why would I do that when his bass is in a good condition? I will customise his bass while I lend him mine…”

Shin Hye's response only surprised Min Ho further, “What?! Do you own a shop that sells musical instruments?”

She lets out a chuckle before replying, “Nope… It’s not mine technically… It’s my uncle’s…”

“Your uncle is a bassist?!”

“Not really…”

“Not really, again?!” exclaimed Min Ho, this time making Shin Hye laughed, “Don’t you worry about it… Will you? I mean why are you so concerned as though you are the one that was asked to do the customisation? You should be worrying about your grades and your music composition…" with Shin Hye patting his shoulder as a sign of assurance, before she recalled to the conversation they had just b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter