Date

2Shin A-Z

Dongho bounced on the balls of his feet, waiting outside the gates for his date to show up. He looked around curiously, looking for signs of the person with his entrance pass. The bus ride wasn't long, but it still filled him with anticipation.

Shin Soohyun asked him out on a date.

And of course Dongho said yes.

After all, he doesn't get many date offers because of his abrasive personality. And when he does; they're from women.

To put it in simple terms: he doesn't swing that way.

You may be asking how these two people came to meet. Dongho works at his family's cafe, looking to take over the business soon. Soohyun works at a corporate office, sales representative or something like that. Dongho never really understood big businesses.

One morning, Soohyun decided to go into that coffee shop he always passed while walking to work. He had been meaning to go there for years, but he'd always forget, or be running late, but more often than not, he'd simply say to himself, “I'll go tomorrow,” and stop in the break room for his usual bland coffee.

On this particular morning, Soohyun was feeling particularly good. He finally got the courage to break up with his extremely insane and controlling girlfriend. Sure, he'd miss the good times they had, but all in all; he was glad to be rid of her.

It was funny how Dongho, just out of high school, was working his first day on that same morning.

Welcome,” the young boy greeted, bowing. He tried not to think of how amazingly attractive this man was, and asked for his order.

It would have seemed, though, that Soohyun had other plans for him.

What do you recommend?” he asked. For a split second, Dongho thought he saw bedroom eyes, but the customer quickly switched to a smile that would melt the hearts of all women, old or young.

U-uh...” he stuttered. His first customer and it's this hard?! Maybe he should just give up... “The caramel mocha is really good...” he trailed off.

Soohyun scrunched his nose, resting his elbows on the counter and his chin in his hand, “Sounds too girly. But I guess I'll have one. I trust your opinion...” Soohyun looked down at his name tag, “Dongho-ah,” once again, he smiled, this time throwing in a wink.

Dongho quickly turned away, blushing, scrambling very quickly to get the man's beverage ready. Why was he like this? Normally, he would roll eyes and tell the person to f**k off. Sure, the customer was attractive, but that didn't excuse this behavior out of him! He had rejected about one hundred extremely good-looking men for acting too much like a playboy.

It's just because this is his first customer... He'll get used to it.

The machine beeped, signaling that the drink was ready for final touches. Dongho put a swirl of whipped cream on top, a few drizzles of caramel, and, finally, a lid. It was such a shame to see his beautiful creation go to waste, but if he knew anything about this man, based on his business attire, he would take his drink and leave. His dad says they get a lot of customers like that in the morning.

The man paid with a card, so when Dongho printed out the receipt, he had to get his signature.

Sign here, please,” Dongho said politely.

Okay,” he said, with a slight smirk on his face.

Dongho pulled back the paper, after he took about twelve years to write his name, and read it.

Sure, his name was on it, but not in neat cursive. And he added a few extra, unneeded things, like his phone number. And a small note.

Hey. You're pretty cute. Call me sometime, 'kay babydoll? We'll arrange somewhere to meet.

Awaiting your call~ \(^o^)/ Chu~

Dongho wanted to scream at him, but Soohyun-- was that his name?-- had already left the store. His face felt hot as the older man looked in through the big windows and blew him a kiss, but he wasn't sure if it was from anger or if he was blushing madly.

Argh! Shin Soohyun! He crumpled the receipt in (ual?)frustration and grabbed fistfuls of his hair.

And that's how this story began. Soohyun would come in daily after that, even though Dongho still didn't call him. They began to get a bit closer, so Soohyun decided that he could finally ask him on a date. He had the tickets for the amusement park already; he was confident Dongho would say yes.

It was obvious the younger boy liked him.

Dongho-ah!” Soohyun exclaimed, waving his arm in the air. Dongho smiled happily, walking up to greet the older man, “Let's get in line now,” he smiled.

Okay,” the younger boy nodded. After riding a few rides, they stopped to get something to eat. Since Soohyun asked him, he insisted on paying for everything. And he let Dongho get whatever he wanted.

When they sat down with their meals, Soohyun began; “You know... You still haven't called me...”

Dongho looked confused, “Was I supposed to? I thought that note was creepy, by the way. You do realize you're ten years older than me, right?”

Eight,” Soohyun corrected, “And what can I say? I like them young... Inexperienced, even,” he stopped to give a waggle of his eyebrows and a suggestive smirk, “If you know what I mean,”

YAH!” Dongho yelled, hitting Soohyun's shoulder, “That's disgusting! You e!”

Soohyun just laughed, enjoying Dongho's pout and the way he folded his arms over his chest when he was trying to stay mad at him.

I know you're not really angry with me. So you can stop pretending.” Soohyun stated, “You're either embarrassed, because you really are inexperienced, or you're secretly wishing our time will be better than your last,”

He laughed when Dongho's blush grew deeper at the last comment.

I have had boyfriends in the past, you know,” the young boy tries to redeem himself.

I bet they didn't teach you the things I can, though,” Soohyun said, with a wink and a y smile.

YAH! Again! Such a ert!” Dongho said, huffing, “Why am I even on a date with you?”

Because you love me,” Soohyun said, taking one last bite of his food, and throwing the rest away,“Come on, let's go play some games,”

Dongho knew this to be true, so he didn't say anything, and slid his hand into Soohyun's outstretched one. Their fingers interlocked and Dongho's heart fluttered.

He hated how Soohyun could turn his usual badass attitude towards smoking-hot older men into a giggling school girl demeanor.

But, in the end, maybe this is the only way he won't end up dying alone.

Dongho? Is that you?” a voice came from one of the booths, a game of knocking bottles off a small stand.

The boy in question turned towards the voice, eyes and smile brightening as he took in the sight of the familiar man, “Hyung!” he exclaimed, running up to him.

It's good to see you again,” he stepped out of the booth to hug the smaller male.

In Soohyun's eyes, the touch lingered a little longer than it should have. His eyes narrowed at the boy, with plain black hair, and squinting eyes when he smiled. Tch. His hair, barely approved by his work, was much better than the intruder's natural color. Soohyun's was a dark brown that faded into blond in his fringe. And his eyes squint is a more charming way when he smiles.

Tch.

How have you been, Eli hyung?” Dongho asks, smiling.

I've been fine, I guess. You know, can't complain,”

Soohyun didn't like the fact that Eli's hands were still on his date's arms.

Did you enjoy your trip back to America? How long have you been back?”

Not too long. I haven't had time to find a decent job. I just have this one until I can get a gig,”

Oh? No such luck in acting? Well, you know that my father will always invite you over to stay, or have a meal,” Dongho offered, still smiling so brightly, “Just give a call,”

Yeah, you know...” Eli suddenly took a step back, rubbing the back of his neck, “I met someone in America. His father actually owns this amusement park. I wanted to go back to Korea, but had no job offer there yet and no other reason to go back. So he came with me and convinced his dad to give me temporary employment. I live with him,”

Dongho nods cutely, not really following, “Yeah? I'll meet him sometime. What's his name?”

Kevin,” Eli answers, “He's my... boyfriend,”

Dongho's face suddenly fell, and he looked down, “Oh...”

Eli looked around, almost desperately. He didn't want to hurt Dongho. But leading him on would only make it worse in the end. His eyes fell on Soohyun, who was still glaring at the foreign boy.

Who is this, though, Bbangho?” Eli asked, using an old childhood nickname in an useless attempt to cheer him up, “I didn't think you'd be dating again,”

As Dongho stayed silent, Soohyun plotted Eli's death. He would have to admit, the American had better muscles than him. At least in the arms. His own abs have got to be better.

But when it's a street brawl... Arm muscles are more useful.

He thinks he could win with the element of surprise on his side.

Are you okay, babe?” Eli asked, patting the young boy's hair.

A-ani...” he replied, sniffling, “But I'll get over it,” he quickly swatted Eli's arm away harshly, and gave him one last rueful smile, “This is Soohyun... He asked me on a date here,”

Eli finally turned to give Soohyun a good once over, “A little old for you, though?” he asked with a laugh in his voice, trying to cover concern. He was worried that another relationship with an older man might result in the same way the last did.

No,” Dongho said, surprising Soohyun. After all, he was complaining about the age difference over lunch just moments before, “I think he's perfect,”

The oldest man's stomach lurched with butterflies at the comment. Sure, he was sizing himself up as the best while judging Eli, but that was a result of jealousy. He was trying to assure himself that Eli is not someone he needs to compete with. It was obvious the two had some sort of romantic history together. At least one-sided.

In reality, Soohyun just repressed the nagging thought that he would never be as good as Eli.

Let's go try another game,” Dongho said happily, pulling him along by the hand. Soohyun glanced back just to see Eli getting scolded by one of his superiors for being out so long socializing.

As Eli caught his gaze, a childish part of Soohyun flared triumph. He poked his tongue out at the younger boy, squinting his eyes. He waited until his head was turned around to snicker at Eli's stupefied expression.

Although he tried to be strong, Dongho was still hurting. As if his heart wasn't torn the moment he had left, Eli had just shattered it again by saying he had acquired a boyfriend during his oversea stay.

Sure, they had called their relationship to a 'stand-still' for his trip, leaving them free to date whoever. But it had always been an unspoken agreement that they would get back together upon his return.

At least Dongho thought there had been. Maybe they just didn't communicate well enough.

Eventually, they have to take a pause because Dongho's tears cloud his vision so much it's impossible for him to see properly. Soohyun had been unusually quiet as they wound around in circles, going everywhere but that booth where Eli was.

Soohyun leads him to a bench and sits him down. The tears had been silent so far, but numerous. His cheeks were stained and the water streaks shone in the bright light of the setting sun.

He knew...” Dongho said after long moments of Soohyun his back, “He knew that I loved him unconditionally,” his voice was broken as he choked back more tears.

The older male continued to touch his back, alternating between scratching and rubbing. He stayed silent, figuring Dongho wanted to say more.

We've known each other since diapers. He's two years older than me. He knew that the only one I would ever date is him... Since he--” he stopped. He didn't want to say it. The only one that knew, was Eli himself. Soohyun was as good as a stranger to him.

But one look into that stranger's eyes, and he knew that he could trust him with all his secrets.

I had boyfriends before him. But at the end of the day, I always knew the only one in my heart was Eli. He's the one that made me realize that... I don't like women. But I never thought he'd be the same,” he let out a little shaky sigh, before continuing, “Then I got into a really bad relationship... With a teacher.

At first I was just confiding in him. Then he started taking me out after school, after I'd tell him everything that upset me throughout the day. Most of them revolved around my uality... I was very open with it. He was 'just trying to cheer me up', he said.

Then once... he took me back to his house. At least, I woke up there. I was in his bed and in a lot of pain. I don't remember much... Just that I was in his car and he was taking me home. I guess he drugged me.

It wasn't hard to guess that he me. My grades slipped and I never even showed up to his class again. My parents noticed, but passed it off as a phase that I'd grow out of. Eli was the one who confronted me about it. So, wanting to just get it all out, I told him as soon as he asked. He promised he wouldn't tell anyone. And he didn't.

So we started dating. Then he left to study acting in America. And here we are now,” Dongho wrapped up rather quickly. Soohyun had expected there to be some sort of... Fulfilling ending. Like justice had been served.

He knew one thing. If he ever got the chance to tear that teacher apart, he would take it.

I really loved him, you know...” Dongho said, “More than anything,”

I can tell,” Soohyun said, keeping the bitterness out of his voice just for his sake.

But then I met you...” the boy continued, scoffing slightly, “And normally, I'd just tell guys like you to fall in a grave. Even though Eli and I had broke up temporarily, I didn't date anyone. I didn't want to. But something about you was... Different. I guess you're a lot like Eli,” he smiled.

Soohyun's eyes narrowed involuntarily, “How?” it was clear he didn't want to be associated with someone he deemed a bastard for practically cheating on such a broken boy.

You tease me... But I know you mean well. You didn't see him how I knew him. He was like you. I don't know what changed him...”

Guilt eats away at a person,” Soohyun said darkly. He has to feel wrong, dropping Dongho like a hot stone. Maybe he acted different in efforts to make himself feel better, or to cushion the blow for the younger boy.

Yeah...” Dongho nods, sighing. He lays his head on the older man's chest, feeling very tired from the day's activities and all the crying. It was about time for the fireworks display to come on over the Ferris wheel. About an hour or so. The ride was not far from them, so Soohyun roused the younger boy to stand in line with him.

Where are we going?” Dongho asked, rubbing his eye tiredly along the way. Suddenly, he stopped. In the gift shop window... Was the most lovey thing he'd ever seen. Just looking at the huge stuffed bear brought back happy memories from his childhood.

Soohyun stopped as well, noticing that the younger male was not following him anymore. He saw that the boy desperately wanted that Winnie the Pooh doll, and he was getting anxious. He quickly grabbed the bear, paid the woman running the shop for it and ed it into Dongho's arms.

Now let's gooo~!” Soohyun said, running to the growing line to the Ferris wheel. The fireworks show only went on every Saturday, and today just happened to be one of those days.

Soohyun tapped his foot as people got on and off the ride, patience wearing thin. He constantly checked his watch, anticipating the start of the show, right at ten thirty.

They got to the front of the line at exactly 10:27. He let Dongho go to their seat first, while he quickly talked to the operator about something.

The next two minutes was spent loading everyone else. The ride always stopped so the people on it could enjoy the forty minute display. So they went around once before stopping at the top.

Colors exploded in the sky. Greens, blues, whites, even purples. Some were in shapes of a heart, a happy face, a star. Others were the traditional, trademark circle, a few just shot a few sparks as a side image. In every aspect, in was awe-inspiring and fantastic.

What a perfect ending to such an imperfect day.

As soon as they were safe on the ground, Dongho exploded with excitement, “Wow! Did you see huge purple one?!”

The one before or after the yellow one?” Soohyun chuckled.

Before! It was huuuuuggggee,” He extended his arms to indicate just how big it was before going back to the lollipop that Soohyun just barely bought him.

Yeah. I liked the hearts the best,” Soohyun said ruefully. To be honest, he had planned the Ferris wheel as a spot to kiss Dongho excessively with the fireworks just background visual and sound. But after the younger boy confided in him, it seemed utterly wrong to do so.

It's so lucky we got a spot right at the top,”

But, seeing his huge smile made him smile, in spite of himself. They'd have plenty of time for kissing later on, anyway. Plus, he's sure he likes this look on Dongho more than he would like his face after making out. It's just so cute a childish. Like nothing but innocence and purity had ever graced his path.

Yeah. Lucky,” Soohyun said, hiding very well the mischievousness in his tone. The oblivious younger boy happily hugged his Pooh bear and on his er while waiting for Soohyun to unlock the doors to his car that would be taking him home.

Dongho didn't see him pay the person manning the controls to let them get the spot.

 

 


Aish... So long >.< Sorry. But you're not complaining, right? ;D

I think I'm starved for a complicate story plot... Because poor Dongho in this one TT-TT I've just been working on this, and a Boyfriend story I refuse to post until I complete at least ONE story already up. But yeah.

Sorry for making it so... Heavy >.<

But thanks to KPopFan4Ever101 for the suggestion for this one! I've added a lot of the letter myself, but I'm stuck on the others... Please help this uncreative person ;_;

Anyway. About the Championships? We didn't win (we never do) but I had lots of fun. :D I had a dream that we had our show, and another one apparently to Mr. Simple by Super Junior (I guess because I always make up routines for that song...? *shrugs*). So we were on the news and I knew that Super Junior was going to show up to watch us perform! So I was beyond excited. But when I saw them walk in, it was only Ryeowook (I wasn't complaining, really... Since he was the one I wanted to see it XD). And NO ONE ELSE WAS THERE. In the stands it was just him, my coaches, and a few reporters and bodyguards. And then there were a bunch of weird props on our floor and you couldn't see me over them :( But then... I woke up.

But I like to think that I talked to Ryeowook, and we got married and had lots of cute babies together.

Yup.

Anyways... Hope you like it :D The next chapter, Ears was suggested by Cha-Nana ^^ She actually did Ear Fun, but I'm trying to make them as close to one word as I can. Sorry guys >.<

HAVE A GOOD DAY, FRIEND. A. GOOD. DAY.