Chapter 6: Struck by a ball of emotions

After all, it's you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few months passed and everything went by quickly. Both of their parents have been very excited about the wedding. The soon-to-be newlywed couple have been also very busy with their schoolwork.

Hanni continued to be a studious student after that time she went up in school due to her test. She successfully discovered a better way to study and manage her habits.

She was very surprised at how she was able to do those things. The past few months have also given her a lot of time to think about and adjust herself to Minji's new attitude.

That night when they kissed, it was a moment they both enjoyed. It feels like the world stopped for a moment. The two of them were aware that they were not accustomed to this kind of feeling whatever this kiss had been giving them.

It's a kind of emotion that both of them are not ready to absorb. Most likely because none of them had any experience before. Now they both realize that it's an exciting emotion and at the same time overwhelming which none of them could handle.

Minji pulled first. This made Hanni confused and embarrassed about what she did.

It was a vivid memory for Hanni, and every day she does not feel like looking back at that certain moment and thinking about what she did because it seems like Minji started avoiding her after that night.

She can't blame Minji.

Luckily, no one ever brought up the wedding, they will still get married either way, and the biggest challenge right now is to ensure that they can both bear each other's existence for the rest of their lives.

"Hi there, is this seat taken?"

Hanni looked up and saw a tall young man.

She was in the cafeteria, eating lunch alone.
Haerin wasn't with her today because she had to go quickly to the pharmacy outside school for an errand her Mom gave her.

Ever since that night, when Minji started avoiding her, she's used to eating with Haerin and Dani during lunch, but not all times they are together anyway, and it's one of those days.

"No, you may sit it's okay!" Hanni smiled.

The tall guy gave her a very cheeky smile.

"By the way, my name is Heesung,"

"Hanni, nice to meet you Heesung!"

Hanni greeted and extended her hand as her usual bubbly self. Making friends at school has been easier compared to before.

"Glad I found a seat, let's eat!"

Hanni observed the guy in front of him.

"I haven't seen you yet, I think?"

"Oh! Yeah, I just transferred here a week ago, I came from the countryside,"

"And you already fought someone?" Hanni asked as she looked at the bandaid on Heesung's nose.

"Ah, this is nothing,"

"Let me guess, you got kicked out due to a school fight?"

"Is it really that obvious?"

"What the— you should see your face though," Hanni laughed as if she had been friends with Heesung for a while now.

The boy just looked at her and he chuckles.

The whole lunchtime, Hanni learned how Heesung is an open book, he was honest when Hanni asked him questions.

And the girl found him very funny and comfortable. It's not the kind of comfort you feel when it's a potential love, but rather a best friend.

And Heesung just feels the same.

As the two of them took time chatting, there was a pair of eyes looking and observing them from afar.

"Oh, you meet the school's new delinquent?" Haerin was surprised.

"Is he? Well, it does seem like he's a bit of a naughty boy," Hanni pondered, remembering Heesung's wounds earlier.

"Just be careful, I heard he tends to be very aggressive in fights,"

Hanni just laughed at Haerin, "You know what, you should meet him next time,"


The class for the day was a bit tiring but successful. Hanni has planned her night routine of studying before going to sleep.

Walking out of the campus, Hanni saw a familiar figure, someone that she kind of missed, though living under the same roof, Minji felt like she's been a thousand miles away.

Hanni never dared to talk to her about anything that happened that night. She was scared, not sure of what.

She wanted to walk along with Minji home but she saw Yuna calling Minji and catching up to her.

Like she's non-existent, Minji left the school with Yuna.

Hanni felt disappointed.


"Hey Hanni,"

The frown turned into a confused face.

"Heesung?"

Hanni saw Heesung behind, with his hand in his pocket as he carried his bag over his shoulder.

"Are you going home?"

"Yeah, oh! By the way, this is Haerin!"

Haerin waved her hand and Heesung nodded in acknowledgment.

"Are you guys going home?"

Hanni nodded and looked at him with a questioning look.

"Do you guys by any chance want to hang out before?"

Well, it was a tiring day, and hearing the invitation somehow made Hanni and Haerin excited.

"Sure!" Both said in unison.

Haerin now understands why Hanni felt comfortable with Heesung. He's a friendly and a mischievous guy.

He's the kind of guy friend who wouldn't care if hangs out with girls being the only guy in the group, and he's a natural gentleman.

Hanni and Haerin were laughing out loud with his stories. And that night, both felt like they would be hanging out with Heesung a lot more in the coming days.


"I need to go guys, Dani just finished the school meeting earlier than expected and I promised to meet her for dinner," Haerin scratched the back of her head.

"Silly, go get Dani and tell her I say hi!" Hanni assured her.


They were standing near a food truck as they ordered chicken wings. Heesung recommended the place and it was Hanni's first time.

The two headed to a free table. The view was good, not many people, and the wind was just right for them to eat at the park's tables.

"Oh my god, this is so good!" Hanni exclaimed and choked.

Heesung laughed and opened a bottle of water for Hanni.

"I told you it's spicy,"

"But it's so good! Thanks for bringing me here,"

"I know a lot more places, we should visit next time,"

Hanni nodded in excitement.


"Isn't that Minji's fiancé? Dang, look at her go,"

"I can't believe she's hanging out with some guy, have they broken up?"

"Fair observation, remember when Hanni tripped and Minji didn't even budge? That explains why!"

"Right, that also explains why Minji and her never had a decent lunch together at school,"

A group of students were gossiping about an entertaining sight for them. Hanni laughing with the new handsome guy at school.

It's a piece of spicy news, everything about them becomes spicy because it was Kim Minji as usual.

One of the girls took a picture and was able to capture Hanni laughing out loud. They look like a couple going on a regular date.

The student quickly uploaded this on the student's common social media.

And without Hanni noticing, everyone from school got the notification, even Kim Minji.

The next day, Hanni was wearing her Airpods as she listened to her playlist. She thought it was a normal day, another day of not hearing anything from Minji, not walking together to school, and not even meeting each other eye to eye.

If anything, Hanni knew she was hurt by the sudden cold shoulder. She just wanted to confront Minji and ask her for clarification, but she's a coward to do so.

Even from afar, she still admires Minji. Day by day, she felt like her feelings just grew and undiscovered.

She thought of taking things optimistically, keeping her feelings to herself, and marrying Minji is still a win, but Hanni was never selfish. She can't set her mind that way. It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter