Marry Me?

My Soulmate
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning’s light woke you during a very comfortable sleep.

Although its rays were not your main source of warmth.

After the two of you were finally able to break away from each other the day before and go back to your respective quarters, the lightness you felt made it as if you were lying on a cloud.

A part of you didn’t want to get up because of this.

You had every intention of staying in bed and floating on cloud nine.

However, a small tapping on the door knocked you out of this reminiscing.

You let out an exasperated sigh.

This feeling of annoyance didn’t last long though when you opened the door to see who it was.

Jiang Cheng stood there still looking a little flustered and wait- what was that behind his back?

He cleared his throat before standing up straight.

“I uh- I went for a walk and passed a stand selling hair sticks. I thought you would like it.” He said now holding out what was behind his back to you.

You looked at the hair stick and back up at Jiang Cheng.

He was blushing. Cute.

You looked back at the hair stick and took it.

The stick itself was silver and the end twisted up revealing a white lotus with purple beads hanging down from the lotus.

You don’t think the smile could have been wiped from your face.

“It’s so pretty…” you marveled at it. “I love it.”

You looked back up at Jiang Cheng to find him already staring at you smiling.<

Please log in to read the full chapter