Did Your Heart Flutter?

My Soulmate
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day you woke up refreshed before suddenly remembering the events of yesterday.

The time to decide had come.

You thought it would be a good idea to take a walk.

Maybe it would help you see things more clearly.

Before you knew it you found yourself at the spot where Jiang Cheng kissed you last night.

Something you must have done subconsciously.

The event playing in your mind once again, your hand slowly went up to your lips as you touched them lightly.

Suddenly you hear a chuckle from beside you.

You drew your hand away quickly.

A little startled, you looked over to see Jiang Cheng walking up to you.

He was smirking.

Oh no, he definitely saw.

That little-

“Thinking of something?” he asked, still smirking.

What a turnaround from last night you thought.

You scoffed looking away. “Psh! What would there be to think about? I’m just taking a walk.”

You began to fake stretch before continuing.

“Besides don’t smirk at me mister, who was the one that awkwardly kissed me and walked off.”

It was his turn to scoff.

“I don’t think it would have been so awkward if someone didn’t back away.”

“That was a natural reaction.” You rebuttal. “Besides you’ve been awkward since the lectures at Gusu.”

His eyes widened a little at your statement.

“You-“ he quickly cut himself off hesitating.

It was your turn to smirk now.

“What were you thinking about back then, huh?” you teased.

He seemed to turn away a little before gaining his composure and turning back to you.

He took a couple of steps closer to you as he spoke.

“I believe this is the part where Wei Wuxian would tell us to stop flirting.”

He now was standing so close he seemed to lean over you and you had to look up a little to see his eyes.

“Oh? Are we flirting?” you played dumb batting your eyes a little for effect.

There was a lull in the conversation as you now just stared at each other.

Wei Wuxian had teased you guys for years about “flirting”, but it never actually occurred to you that you might really be flirting.

Coming out of your thoughts you realized you were just standing there scanning each other’s faces.

You felt your cheeks flush and turned away quickly.

Guilt soon followed as you noticed

Please log in to read the full chapter