The Perfect Balance

My Soulmate
Please log in to read the full chapter

Growing up with Jiang Cheng the first thing you noticed about him was his smile.

Some people laughed at you when you pointed it out.

He wasn’t exactly known for being the most sunshine kid.

That was Wei Wuxian.

But you noticed.

In between his negative comments and glares.

You would see a smile slip at yours and the other’s antics.

You cherished those smiles.

This was because you knew even at that age, he already felt immense pressure to live up to the standards set for him to make the Jiang sect look good.

He was after all one day going to be the leader.

You, however, being the younger daughter of another sect did not feel the same pressure.

Your older brother would be the one to take the leadership position.

While you were still expected to be good you did not have the same responsibilities as your brother, so you frequently were up to mischief.

Actually, Jiang Cheng may have been the reason for your behavior half of the time.

You liked to misbehave just to get him to play with you.

Well, really it was more like him coming after you and you running away while he yelled at you for not being proper.

However, it would always end up with him laughing and playing as much as you were.

The two of you were like a perfect balance.

You brought the smile out on him, and he brought the responsibility out in you.

A thing that did not go unnoticed by your

Please log in to read the full chapter