What did everyone else think?

Secret Love

Kikwang’s P.O.V

Just look at them! Carelessly sitting there and pretending that I’m not here. I sat in the back of the classroom, fuming. I could feel Ailee glancing at me, but I didn’t even want to look at her. How could she? She sat down, put her head down on the table before JR sat next to her and poked her cheek. Those soft cheeks… KIKWANG! NO! She cheated on you. Stop thinking about her. They sat there, talking and smiling at each other before he put his arm around her shoulder. Oh now they were totally rubbing it in my face.  Hyosung walked into the classroom then sat down next to Ailee.

“How are you?” smiled Hyosung.

“Oh… I’m OK…” she replied.

She was ok… of course she’d be ok with it, she wasn’t the one that had her heart torn to shreds. I put in my earphones and turned the music up. I didn’t even want to listen anymore. After Hyosung came and sat down next to me, Ailee glanced at me. I glared at her. Was she trying to get me to go and talk to her? When she turned to face the front again, JR turned around and shot me a deathly look. There was no way I was going to crack. I glared back at him. He was the reason for this whole thing happening. I hated his guts.

Hyosung’s P.O.V

As soon as I walked into the classroom, I saw JR comforting a forlorn Ailee. My plan worked perfectly. I smirked. Kikwang didn’t ask any questions, JR had his arm around her to make it look like they were rubbing it in Kikwang’s face, Ailee was upset about it and Kikwang was soon going to be mine.

I purposely sat next to Ailee and asked if she was ok. Of course she wouldn’t be ok, but it was fun seeing her squirm.

“How are you?” I smiled, while looking straight into her eyes.

“Oh…I’m ok…Why?”

“That’s good!” I then went and sat next to Kikwang, who was intensely staring at them, while listening to his iPod. Just how I wanted him to react.

Daehyun’s P.O.V

I leaned against the wall, watching the exchange between Kikwang, Ailee, JR and Hyosung. Talk about drama! Ailee and Kikwang broke up, but no one knew exactly why. A lot of guys were glad actually – Ailee was one of the most sought for girls in the grade. She was pretty, smart, kind and had the most amazing voice ever. Why would someone like Kikwang be so stupid? Not that it was any of my business. I shook off the thoughts and waited for Zelo to get to school. Not before long, I received a text from him.

From Zelo:

Hyung! I’m stuck in bed today… Sorry…

I threw my phone back into my bag and sighed. Great… The others weren’t in any of my classes so Lonely Daehyun today… I looked at the clock – 10 minutes until Miss Han arrives. Good time for a nap. Suddenly someone yelled, making my jerk into an upright position. I saw that everyone was staring at Ailee. It was her.

“NO! …. NO! I did all my homework wrong…”

Our classmates shrugged and went back to doing their own thing before class started. I went to sit next to Ailee. We didn’t talk much, but we occasionally helped each other out so why not?

“I’ll help you,” I said softly.

She turned to me, surprised before explaining that she just said that to steer the attention away from her. Oh.

It would look weird if I just came over to offer for help so I asked her if I could sit with her and JR for this class. When she agreed, I grabbed my belongings and comfortably moved to her side.

The class was a blur. I couldn’t help but notice her eye smile, the way that the light catches on her hair and the way she bit her lip in frustration throughout the class. My heart hammered against my chest. Then the bell rang. I took a deep breath and walked out of class with Ailee and Daehyun. Since it was the first few weeks of senior year, we were still trying to remember the faces in our classes and Ailee and I had just realised that we were both in the same Art class. JR left us to go to music so Ailee and I walked to Art in silence before Kikwang and Hyosung pushed past us, giving Ailee dirty looks as they went by. Ailee took a sharp breath and looked down. I asked if she was ok and she told me that she would get over it. My heart went out to her. If you looked at her close enough, you could tell that she was broken inside. I opened my mouth to tell her that it would be ok, but closed it again, just in case I said something to make it worse. I wanted to hold her hand in comfort, but since we hardly spoke to each other before, it would be weird. As we continued to our next class, we walked in silence.

JR’s P.O.V

I swear I wanted to murder someone. That someone being either Kikwang or Hyosung or both of them – why did Kikwang break up with her so suddenly? She was so happy with him. And Hyosung – She frequently rubbed it in Ailee’s face that Kikwang broke up with her. I gave up my feelings for Ailee so long ago because I knew she would be happy with Kikwang but if I had known that this would have happened, I would have fought for her. But the past is the past – all I could do now was to make her feel better and keep her mind off it. Ailee didn’t want me to do anything to Kikwang to retaliate but all I could think about was my fist meeting his jaw… I’d probably get bruised and battered as a result, but if he could feel the pain that Ailee was going through, it would be worth it.

Despite Ailee insisting that she was ok and that she would get over it, as her best friend, I could see that she was in pain. I admired her for putting on a brave face and being so strong, yet at the same time, I wanted her to let her anger, her sadness and every other thing that she felt out. I would be able to take it. I sighed. I didn’t think she’d want to burden me with any of this, despite my attempts to persuade her to try and get Kikwang to explain this and to stop Hyosung from constantly pester her. I continued to class, lost in my thoughts about the whole Ailee-Kikwang situation, hoping that somehow it would be resolved quickly and that Ailee would be happy again.