Chapter 15

Love on the Rocks

Kyuhyun's POV

I scanned the crowd looking for a particular face.  I was disappointed, but not suprised when I didn't see him.  Why would he have stayed?  I practically forced myself on him, I forced my love on him. 

I wanted nothing more than to just curl up and forget tonight had ever happened.  I was walking off the stage when slow clapping brought me out of my daze.  In front of me stood a tall, well dressed man.

"Hello, my name is Yunho.  You are Cho Kyuhyun, correct?"  I stared at him blankly, but nodded slowly.  He gave me a warm smile.

"Well Mr. Cho, I must say that you are quite impressive.  I am the CEO of Wave Records, and after your performance I am confident that you could be the next big thing."  I was shocked, to be completely honest I hadn't really focused on my performance at all.  All I had cared about was Ryeowook.  Yunho held out his hand and I shook it firmly.

"Well maybe we could discuss some business?"  I nodded dumbly and followed him over to the bar area.  He settled himself down onto a stool and I quickly followed suit. 

"So, I'm under the impression that you are an aspiring artist.  Well after seeing your performance, I must say that you show an immence potential.  Honestly, I can see you have star power"

Again, I just nodded, still not believing what was happening.  He smiled at me kindly, and continued to speak,

"I am prepared to offer you an exclusive recording contract with Wave Records.  Now, I know that this must seem very sudden to you, and you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I am inclined to make haste and your immediate answer is required.  If you agree to join Wave Records, it will not be some type of fantasy fairy tale.  It will be a lot of blood, sweat, and tears, but I assure you this effort will be worth it once you taste success"

He paused and assesed my face, searching for any signs of distress.  I wore a blank expression, but he must have been encouraged as he continued talking,

"This really is a great opportunity, and I urge you to consider accepting the contract.  While you will have to move away, and leave your loved ones behind, it really is worth the pain" 

At these words, I scoffed.  What loved ones?  My parents had practically disowned me, and it's not like I had a group of friends that I would miss.  I thought of Wookie, and my heart ached.  It was just a reminder that I didn't have a lover to worry about as well.

I looked straight into Yunho's eyes, and offered him a smug smile.

"Well then, where do I sign up?"

 

Ryeowook's POV

It was cold at the park, and I shivered as the icy air sent shudders down my spine.  I had long since run out of tears, and was now just marinating in the feelings of emptiness.  I had calmed down enough to think rationally, and I scolded myself for my childish behavior.

Honestly, I wasn't upset woth Kyuhyun.  Sure his confession had come as a complete shock, but I didn't hate him for it.  My violent reaction was more as a result of hearing that song.  I thought I had buried that melody deep within my heart, and I thought that I had forgotten the feelings that lay behind the music.  Apparently I had been wrong... horribly wrong...

I had written that song years ago about my first love.  I smiled sadly as I thought about those happy days, when everything seemed brighter and more innocent.  It was our two-year anniversary when I was planning to tell him I loved him.  I was planning on finally giving him my first kiss, something I valued and treasured.  But things never seem to go as planned... The day of our anniversary, I walked into his apartment only to find him with another man.  I loved him so much, that I could have potentially forgiven his cheating, but walking in on your love while they are having , wildly screaming out a name that isn't yours... it kills something inside of you...

I cried for weeks, I refused to leave my bed, and I was just a pathetic mess.  I finally needed some closure, and that's when I wrote that song.  I filled it with all my pain and hurt, then I just locked it away, hoping that I would never think about it again.  It worked to a certain extent, I actually forgot the feeling of betrayal and was able to continue living my life unburdened by my pain.  But, when Kyu sang that song, all the emotions rushed back and hit me with their full force.  What made it worse, was that Kyu was singing that song because he was heart broken over me.

The feeling of guilt added to my already overwhelming emotions made me crack.  That's why I needed so badly to escape.  Now that I thought about it, I relized how badly I had hurt Kyuhyun.  He had put everything on the line, and I just ran away.  In my heart I knew that I wasn't running from him, I was just scared.

The feelings I had towards the boy terrified me.  They were so much like those feelings I once had so long ago.  I knew he had stolen my heart, but I just wanted to ignore it and wish it would go away.  I couldn't love him, I refused to.  Love was something that only caused hurt and I wanted to avoid pain as much as I could.  I had already promised myself that I would never act on my feelings, but then Kyu confessed to me and things got muddled.

Love was painful, and I knew better than anyone how much it could hurt, and I would never wish that pain on anyone.  Yet here I was, forcing Kyuhyun to endure a broken heart all because I was too caught up in my own fears and doubts.  I hated myself... I was a truly cruel person...

I thought of Kyuhyun, and his funny quirks and mannerisms that I adored so much.  His akwardness, his shyness, his aversion to contact were all things I had come to love about the boy.  His kind heart and sensitivity were things that he tried to keep hidden, but when they were revealed one couldn't help but fall in love with the boy.

I found myself standing in front of our apartment complex, and was not totally suprised that my feet had carried me home.  I knew that I loved Kyuhyun, and I knew that I had to face my fears.  I took a deep breath and unlocked the door to our apartment.  The room was silent, and the stillness made my already racing heart, beat faster and louder.

I gatherd my courage and slowly opened the door to Kyuhyun's room, mentally preparing myself to give into my love and conquer my biggest fears.  However, I was met with a sight that shocked me to my very core. 

His room was completely empty.  Nothing remained in the room that would ever indicate his presence.

I walked into the room in a daze, trying to make sense of the situation.  I whirled around when Minnie's familiar voice reached out to me.

"He's gone.  he got offered a record deal and he left right away.  He didn't even say good bye.  When I got home, his stuff was gone, and there was only a letter saying he had gone off to become a star"  Minnie paused and looked at me with concerned eyes.

"Are you okay Wookie?"  I was going to force a smile, and nod my head, but I couldn't bring myself to lie to my best friend.  I shook my head, and buried my face into his chest,

"No Minnie... I'm not okay... I-i think I loved him..."  Then the tears that I had just stopped started to flow once again, but this time they came faster.  Minnie just held me close as I suffered through another broken heart. 


Okay... I , I know.

I have not updated this story in like eons, and I'm really really sorry.  I promise that from now on I will update more frequently.

I'm so so sorry, but I hope you guys won't hate me.  Thank you for being patient and waiting for this story, I hope you will continue to read it.

I Love My Readers, you guys really are the best! ^-^

Comments = ~<3

Location: my bedroom

Mood: apologetic

Music: "Never Too Late" by CNBLUE