Facade

Regrets and Reminiscences (prev title: Turning Back Time)

 

In one of the private rooms of the coffee shop, this is where she decided to meet him. Clad in a black outfit with her newly-cut and newly dyed short blond hair, contrary to the cheery personality that she used to have,  she is sure that he would not like it. Certainly, it would ignite another fight.  But she will not allow it. Because tonight she’s going to end it.

 

Finish the relationship they have.

 

Put an end to the vicious cycle that it has become.

 

Tonight, she is going to present him a different Sunny. A much stronger one.

 

The Sunny who refuses to be controlled by him.

 

The Sunny who does not listen to the do’s and don’ts set by him.

 

She will no longer be the Sunny who always ends up crying like a weakling after every quarrel, watching him as he left her coming undone.

 

Tonight, a new Sunny shall be born rubbing out the old Sunny who is always under the shadow of an overpowering boyfriend.

 

Tonight, Lee Sungmin will be out of her life.

 

“Let’s breakup,” she said as soon as the guy settled down his seat.

 

She watched his eyes be filled with tears as he attempted to change her mind.

 

He cried. He begged. He tried to explain his side. He promised to change himself.

 

But no, she had enough and that was final. It’s the end of the road for them. Those promises would just be broken again and again just like before and she did not want to repeat the same scenes again. She wanted to break up with him so long ago but the remaining love in her heart always held her back. She kept hoping and hoping that their relationship would get better but it kept getting worse instead. She had her limits too and he reached that point.

 

Slipping her hands out of his, she walked out leaving the other devastated. Finally, he got the taste of his own medicine.

 

She promised herself not to cry. She promised herself there would be no regrets. But the moment she stepped out of the shop, the emotions got the better of her. There goes the most hated part, the moment when the strong façade that she put up starts to expire and the pain becomes more apparent.

 

For a moment, she wanted to rewind that scene and took back all the words that she said. She did not expect that it would ache this much. But she knew she had to endure it to save her from being destroyed in that unhealthy relationship. The rain fell and it camouflaged her tears. She looked up and let the feeling of the droplets of water take her in. Just like the rain, these tears will also come to an end.

 

She knows that she still has a lot to learn for her to be strong enough. For now, she will use this façade to strengthen herself. She walks forward under the rain, her face showing a slight flow of hope that tomorrow this would just become a fleeting memory.