Part 3

Demons Have Two Sides

Part 3

                Jerking open the door, Sunngyu nearly crashed into Woohyun.

 “Hurry!” Woohyun grabbed his shoulder and dragged him halfway out the door before he could ask, “Why? Where?”

“There’s…” bang! Bang! Bang! A series of bullets answered Sunggyu’s question.

Dongwo stood there watching the departing figures as something was triggered inside of him. The sound of bullets mixed in with the patter of the rain washed over his mind and an eerie melody played in his head. Heavy beat of drums along with the screeching of violins… his being faded.

The Demon roamed the streets looking for his next prey. His eyes focused on a couple on the street, the girl had long dark hair and the male wasn’t much taller than her. Stalking after them for a quarter mile, he watched them split apart. She wandered to the bright windows covered in lights while he walked to the restroom. After the Demon rocked on his feet for a millisecond he chased after the male.

Jonghyun jogged to the restroom quickly he wanted to return to his girlfriend as quick as possible and give her the gift he hid in his pocket. A pair of hands grabbed his neck with giant strength and a cloth was pressed against his mouth. A wave of dizziness hit him, and then he spiraled into the abyss.

Pain burrowing into his side Jjong woke up. The ground was inches below his feet as chains held him against a medieval contraption. Numbness spread over his body as the veil of sleep ripped itself from his mind. Bam-bam-bam-bam the blood raced through his body pushed his pumping heart. Thump. A fist slammed to his chest and the wind ran out of his lungs.

Jonghyun saw nothing as his eyes swam from the blow. The Demon watched his trapped prey and beat him with his fist. Bored, he jabbed his palm at his throat.

“Kkkugh” he coughed as a series of hits beat on his body. Tiredly and almost uninterested, he demon picked up a lit cigarette, umsmoked, and pressed it into the bare, exposed skin of Jonghyun’s neck.

“Ah!” that single sting brought out his voice, the one he tried to hide from his killer. The fear from all previous blows came out all at once in that piercing scream. A grim joy bubbled up in him as he pressed the cigarette even deeper into the flesh. As the ash fell to the ground he reached for a hacket, small and sharp. Whap! The first blow was a test that ended up with the blade only centimeters from Jonghyun’s head.

 

Ants of life consuming fear ran over his body as the swing was aimed near his arm. The pressure in his arm alleviated than the pressure holding back his other arm stopped as well. Opening his eyes the ground came flying towards him. Curling into a ball as the heel of a boot jabbed itself into his side, Jonghyun was entirely confused. Why did he cut me free?

The towering figure laughed,“Run.”

He didn’t bother to stay a second long and pushed himself off the ground towards a winding tunnel. Plop…Plop his feet slammed into an unknown substance as he pushed himself to run faster. Taking his time the demon walked after the prey calmly, waiting for the moment to come.

 He slammed his fist into the crate desperately; even though he hadn’t heard the steps his kidnapper for quite a while he knew distinctly that he wasn’t far behind. He was right… the demon stood watching the prey slam against the crate drowsily and readied his hacket. Stalking forward predatorily, the raised the weapon high and jerked it down upon his shoulder.   

“Kugh---Argh ah,” he collapsed as pain worked itself into his core. The tip the boot jammed to him once more while the flat end of the weapon smashed into his head. His vision swam and out at the edges. Panting breathes pushed out of his lungs; he lay crippled as a vile substance assaulted his nose. The demon dropped his heel on the outstretched arm roughly, grinding it to the floor. Rising the weapon once more he slammed the flat side on the spot he stepped. Snap! One of the bones in his arm gave away without cutting the flesh. He followed by jerking the end of it towards his rips and snap another bone broke, however, this one tore through his skin. The iron tang touched his tongue along with bile and poured out his mouth. Growing bored and weary of this unconscious prey the Demon raised the sharp blade and aimed it at his head.