Part 2

Demons Have Two Sides

were grim.

Part 2

The first chance he got Dongwoo raced home as fast as his feet could carry him. As he ran flashes of memory returned. Her pale skin bright rogue as she ran. Dashing up the stairs, Dongwoo tried to pull the apartment door open. Her feet tapped lightly against the concrete much faster than some of his usually prey… Ripping open the door, he made a run for his room. Her silky hair flew out behind her a perfect handle to capture her by. He grabbed his covers and curled into a ball.

Cornering her in an empty building, he reached for . Grasping tightly he pressed his hands together until she nearly passed to the next world. The clawing at his wrist stopped and her arms fell limply to her side. Her breath began to even out as he removed his hands and grabbed a blade within his shoe. Slashing her wrist blood spurted across his face. A scream a blood curdling scream arose from . Undaunted he pressed the blade into her calf. Another scream louder and even more terrified jumped out. With a jerk of his wrist he slit her eyes blinded she began to fight for her life. Screams grew louder breaking the sound system, sadly those scream where trapped with a nearly sound proof building.

With her good hand was tried to claw his arm, to get the blade. Her heart pulsed a mile a minute pushing her life out of her body. The more she fought the quicker she died. Flicking out another blade stab carved into her stomach pulling it upwards, but stopping right before the heart. The sound of blood gurgled in as she tried to push out another scream. Her clawing hand twitched spastically.

Finally complete her death he slit along the jugular. Waiting only a moment her flipped out a thin surgical blade and slit open her ribs. He dissected her with accuracy from years of practice. Peeling the flesh off her bones he exposed her heart. Vulnerable and empty it lay in a sea of chaos. Within a few minutes he arranged her body gently. He reached lightly to close her haunted eyes.

“AH!” Dongwoo screamed covered in sweat, tearing streamed down his cheeks.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu sat trapped within his thoughts. Staring out from his desk, he finally decided, after a day of waiting, to leave his office. There were no leads on the case, not a single one. It was so frustrating; Sunggyu smacked his forehead leaving behind a fading pink mark.

 Rain splattered the world although washing it from the taint of all the evil in the world. Sunggyu marched home briskly collar raised. Dongwoo leaned against the wall clutching his slides. The rain washed over his mind blurring reality. Dongwoo thought of the water so pure and clean and had the sudden urge to run out into the rain. Bang! A series of crashes came from the doorway, soaked through stood Sunggyu.

“Welcome home…” Dongwoo said distracted.

“Anything wrong? You remembered something?” Sunggyu asked, worried he reached for Dongwoo’s forehead. “No… temperature…”

Dongwoo laughed half bitter, “Haha…. No memory.”

Their minds wandered back to that night Sunggyu had saved him.  With nervous laugh Sunggyu questioned, “Are you okay?”

“Yea find just…” Dongwoo lied quickly, “a bit tire from dancing at the hall.”

Dongwoo danced that was fact; even without a scrap of memory his body followed the beat will a sunflower chasing after the sun. His memories didn’t exist not beyond the time Sunggyu had found of the side of a bridge, soaked by the pouring rain. Sunggyu had adopted him then only intending to help him get on his feet, however, by the series of events Dongwoo still remained, only now with a stable if not decent job as a dance instructor.

 Sunggyu nodded absently preparing the food. Bang! Bang! Bang!  A series of heavy, panicked blows slammed their apartment door. Dropping his plate, Sunggyu made a dash or the door.