C4. Jungwon POV - The Entrust

Sacrifice
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was reciting my script in front of the table when I heard the door banging. Reciting script while giving a speech could make me look more sincere, and the things I said would be more reliable to audience because I can concentrate on them instead of looking at the script. The words I said would influence deeply without knowing by them. 

 

The door banged again and became more insistent this time, and it was opened suddenly right after I said, “Come on in”. As I guessed, the No.1 experimental object came in in rage. 

 

“You’ve said you’ll not let Riki dance anymore! You’ve said this!” He said loudly, with his two hands on my table, staring me as a ferocious beast, “You should let him do what he wants! Dancing is completely TORTURE for him now!” 

 

“It’s what he good at,” I answered him calmly, “Who tells you it’s torture to him? Riki himself?” 

 

“But he is literally CRYING! Do normal people cry when doing what they’re good at?” He cried, “The institute can easily let him do other things like mine and Jongseong’s, if giving him a little training and some modification in his body, it’s not a problem for him to become a mercenary for you! At least, he will be much freer than now!” 

 

“But he won’t be as beneficial as before to the institute,” I said to him, “Don’t you know how much for producing a transformed person will cost?”  

 

Hearing the word “money”, No.1 did not speak anymore. I know he was not very rich, but he did have some assets, despite the money he transferred to the institute was also a big amount. But it’s nothing to me, he wouldn’t bring negative impact to me if he didn’t be killed while he was doing charity. 

 

He seemed had already calm down, sitting across from me, “Anything I can do to help you?” 

 

I took out my materials prepared earlier, “Not a big deal, but a client of me wants to kill a person, his friend tells him that you do things neatly and beautifully, so he wants to ask you too.” 

 

No.1 had two strengths that I liked. First, nobody could doubt his abilities. But he didn’t want to be famous for that, only receiving missions in the dark side and actively accepting few salaries for hiring him (Before Jake had worked together with him), because he said he didn’t need that much. This resulted in only a few people and some non-rich killers knowing him. With the special wings the institute gave him, he could perfectly finish almost every task. 

 

He could spread his fame into every corner of the Black Zone if he wanted, but he didn’t. This made our lowkey institute satisfied with him. 

 

Although he didn’t expect this, he was becoming more famous in the Black Zone currently. The reason was not clear to me, it was said that he had saved that famous “Karma” imprisoned. Although the short-run benefit was not that apparent, I know we can keep him as an Ace in our hands, which could be useful afterwards. I appreciated that. 

 

Second, it was his personality itself. Despite his strong physical strength, No.1 has a sensitive heart like most ordinary people, which made him struggle in unnecessary emotions, until his heart was burnt in the flame of his exhaust. In my opinion, he must have consumed much time escaping this kind of shackles and failed most of the time. 

He was not good at rejecting others, blaming himself when he sensed someone’s emotions change. This kind of person was perfect to make use of. One of his multiple tasks was to clear the barriers in my career, which was my request. He not only accepted it, but also came here every week to ask me if I had something that needed his help, for instance, kill some people on my way. 

 

He had underestimated me completely. I was not that kind of person only relying on mean actions in career.

Please log in to read the full chapter