C1. Sunoo POV - The Butterfly Man

Sacrifice
Please log in to read the full chapter

Although I had been in this business for so many years, this was my first time I had been in jail.

In front of me was the rusty iron railing, long in disrepair, and the rusty traces almost covered all the poor railing. I stared at it and remembered the word "Karma".

Anyway, I'm not innocent, isn’t it? I squatted on the cold and dirty floor, behind the wooden bed, but I didn't sit on it —— because it’s too disgusting. Countless man had been in heat on this bed. At the thought of two years at this, I couldn't help feeling desperate.

What's the point of being in prison? I wouldn’t repent, anyway. It's like people who quit the drug will always do it again. This career has been in the first half of my life, I can make a lot of money, and I do it well, why not do it? Instead of squatting in this meaningless spending my valuable time here, it is better to put me out, and let me make contribution to more people——although most of them are not good.

My focus turned to the wall. The wall was densely carved with traces, most of them were used to count days. There was also a small cross, I only felt funny when I looked at it. I never believe in God, meanwhile, if the evil thing you have done is done, what’s the meaning of repentance? The impact is on them already.

I have always had a wild imagination and often lost my thinking. When I unconsciously stare at the mottled wall, I can imagine that the biggest stain on the wall is a bit like a dragon with wings. My mother told me a lot of bedtime fairy tales when I was a child, and in most of the stories, the princess was captured by the dragon and imprisoned, eagerly waiting for the prince to be saved. The results were often as usual, the prince bravely defeated the dragon and saved the princess.

Even as a child, I had never believed such a story. Is there selfless dedication from others? Every behavior of a person is based on a purpose beneficial to oneself. Just like now, my mother is sitting by the bed telling me bedtime stories. Her behavior, as well as her willingness to provide me with shelter, food, and so on, are all due to a coincidence that she gave birth to a new life, but coincidentally did not kill me. Therefore, she was entrusted with being a mother to the outside world. If she doesn’t treat me with human-caused obligations and responsibilities as a "mother", external people will label her as "irresponsible" and "only giving birth but not raising". As a social animal, human evaluation from others is especially important. As for the possibility of her loving me, I have always believed that the so-called love is just an emotional influence created by continuous psychological hints, and everything is hypocritical when it comes to interests. This is selfish human nature.

So, after I first heard her tell me the story, I changed the end of the book that night with a correction tape and a pen. I don't remember what I changed it to, but with my understanding of myself, the big probability is that the prince, because of the dragon’s bribe, returned to his country to declare that the princess is dead, etc. Then I was beaten by my mother for destroying the original beautiful fairy tale book.

Although the fairy tales were unrealistic, now, I hope that these stories were true. If such a beautiful thing really happened to me, now I was more like a princess imprisoned by evil forces, imprisoned, because the weapons and props I was carrying were all searched clean and could only do nothing waiting for the miracle. I didn't like the feeling of being powerless, so far in my life it has made me know that everything, more specifically, everyone, could only rely on their own, but now there was no other way.

My thoughts drifted back and forth until the explosion and the instantaneous screams that sounded simultaneously woke me up instantly. The experience of hearing similar sounds too many times has given me a muscular response to the explosion. The explosion was supposed to be a small bomb, small but strong enough to attract attention.

I stood up on the ground to find the source of the explosion from looking through the gap of the railing. As my hand was about to touch the cold railing, a hand grabbed it from the outside and neatly broke it down from the frame.

My movements suddenly stopped. In my life, which is not too short-lived, I have never even seen a person who can bend a two-finger-thick iron railing with their bare hands, let alone directly break it. I didn't resist, I didn't even act subconsciously, because the gap in force is already here, rebelling is just a waste of effort, and it could provoke the other side. So, I simply raised my hands, "Anything you want, as long as keeping me alive.”

The stranger paused for a second as he was pulling the second railing off, as if to understand what I said, but seemed to fail eventually, "What are you talking about? I'm here to save you, go with me, if you want to rot here, just forget that I even mentioned it.”

I rolled my eyes and stared at the person across from me.

 

He was wearing a black mask, cap and gloves, and a set of black sportswear. The whole person was portrayed in the dark. He raised his head and glanced at me with the only exposed organ of his entire body. His hands kept moving and he didn't seem to have any difficulty breaking off the third railing. I realized that he was trying to give me enough space for me to get through.

"Thanks." Although I didn’t know the purpose of this man, compared to be caught by twice, I’d rather run away to somewhere with this man I didn’t even know. Hearing the chaos of footsteps from far to near, I didn’t shirk, I drilled out of the opening he created for me, ran up the stairs with him, and followed a broken iron railing as a weapon, but it was too heavy, so I threw it away in the middle.

Sure enough, a lot of people were on the stairs, blocking two of us, but they were more panicked than us, shouting, "Prisoner escaped! "And so on, picked up their pistols, pointing at us.

Before my body had time to react, I heard the man in black around me chuckled gently, and then, some metal scent came into my nose. Without realizing, the luster of sun spread over me.

Then, blood splashed on my face.

I know that this

Please log in to read the full chapter