Locked Doors Don't Do Anything

Drained

I'M  SO SORRY FOR UPDATING SO LATE I WAS HAVING TROUBLES WITH THIS CHAPTER I HOPE YOU ENJOY!!

This chapter was confusing to write so if anyone needs any clarfiations ask :D It starts off in her POV and anything in italics is a dream or thought.

P.S. Please comment  as sad as it sounds comments really do keep me writing.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Four

Pangs of hunger racked her body, less and less of her thoughts made sense as the starvation took control. Her keen eyes no longer had a shred of mercy or amusement since now she could not afford either. The void in her grew and bloomed sapping her of fragments of strength with each growing day. She had been weak letting him escape her so many times, well not anymore. A crook, sharp hook-like grin occupied not that such a cruel smile blemished her beauty only enhanced it she now there was no superficial, light-hearted air about her only her natural self.

 Her steps never made a sound as the pressed down on the gravel outside of the Jaejoong’s apartment. The night was heavy with eagerness, impatience, as the spirits of worlds detached from ours mused at the outcome of this moment. She was cloaked in navy blending into the night without an effort. The lock on the door was only a temporary problem as she expertly picked the it centuries of life gave you a skill or two that weren’t worth the enough to use magic for as well as passed time. Snoring edged from a corner room as the door opened of its own accord. Falling open, with the smallest whoosh, Jaejoong’s only protection from the world’s harm was shattered.

With a confidence, predatory stride she walked towards the soft snoring and opened the door he didn’t bother to lock. He laid sprawled a mass of sheets, cloth, and flesh on a twin bed that length wise was too small for his size. Chest bare, his white cotton shirt seemed to be tossed messily on the floor, Jaejoong slept unaware probably with the thoughts all had they were always safe within their home. Tell that to victims , domestic violence coupled, abused children, fractured families whatever safety their home once held was long lost, didn’t take burglaries or arson to make a house dangerous villains naturally existed, or entered, them.

She paused examining the situation in its entirety; she hadn’t been doing this for ages without patience and planning as her assistants. His frame would be but a small problem along with his weight even growing weak as she was she was still magnitudes stronger than your average and above average man or woman. The problem laid in not waking him since of course it would cause a disturbance and alert others which she could escape but her daily life would have it own problems perhaps to the point where she would be irritated into moving her abode to another city or country. A spell might work, however, as she learned earlier had had his own powers, slumbering, which with the threat of her attack might activate in defense of its master. As she watched him, he stirred and her name slipped from his lips.

“I will never abandon you,” dropped from his mouth in a sleep-induced mumble not counteracting the seriousness or conviction in the statement or keeping it from immobilizing her. Tears welt on the edge of her eyes, burning her eyes and nose and blurry her vision, heaviness kicked her heart as memories suppressed for over two centuries now threatened to return.  Her knees weakened, crumbling onto her hands, she forced the flood to stop with tears streaming down her cheeks. Her only splinter of humanity left cried out pushing the dam of her memories to break.

Jaejoong rolled over honestly and completely unaware of his nightly, supernatural visitor and fell deeper into his dream. The line between reality and reverie was thin, thinner than broken ice and the air supply in space. He WAS whoever he dreamt he was, the feelings crossed the barrier between logic and the land of dreams. They were simply too real and too powerful to be just a figment of his imagination; he could never be THIS creative.

“I will never abandon you,” conviction and passion burned in his chest as he spoke in hopes of removing the shadowed looked from her eyes. A smile, weary grin crossed her lips, one of disbelief and of dead hope. Sadness pierced his soul and cut into despair at the idea that that he could not protect her, that there was probably nothing her could do to heal the wound in her soul. All he could do was move and wrap his toned arms around her with the hope that his healing feelings would pass on to her. She leaned into his arms; however, the emotions weren’t communicated.

“Myung-Dae, it’s been too long, I’ve lived with this for centuries don’t worry I’m use to it,” she tried to placate him with a soft smile.

But that’s not something someone should have to get use to, he frowned, no one should feel that they are abandoned.

                He pressured his lips into her silky hair giving in, but he was going to make her realize that she was not alone. The breeze kissed their skin as the sky turned orange, morning was coming. Comfortably they seat in each other’s embrace wondering how the night had pass during their talk, both a bit rueful and awed. The rays of light reached their fingers touching them both gently and caringly.

                Lightening struck her heart, triggering the predatory instincts in her. Trying her best not worry him her eyes sharpened searching for the threat that called up her instincts. He noticed though the sudden tenseness in her body. Within minutes the source of her worry showed. A large, angry mob with torches raised and rifles cocked was marching their way toward them shouting witch, demon.

                That’s all he saw a huge, vehement crowd before pain stuck, boiling, heated pain in his chest. Burst of lights overwhelmed his vision and heated pain spread through his body. What bothered him though was the look on her face his vision failed. The obvious pain and tears ripping across her face pierced his heart worst then the pain that destroyed his nerves. Warmth spread over his midsection as he slid down bark of the tree. The last image burned in his mind was her streaming tears and screams as darken hands pushed him over the end into a light.

                “Sorry,” he mouthed once before his body slackened and he passed through the veil.”

  Jaejoong jerked awake from the overpowering grief he felt from that person, Myung Dae, at his dying moment. Myung-Dae was grieving over not his death but of his broken promise. For a moment, Jaejoong was trapped between realities his and the one of Myung-Dae.

In that moment the woman on his floor twitched as the events that played in Jaejoong’s dreams played in her head. Jaejoong looked downward and saw her, that navy cloaked figure clawing the ground. She looked pained as twisted into inaudible sobs. Slowly he inched his way towards, not the least bit curious why she was in his room. When he was close enough he pushed the hair out of her face.

                “Mi Cha?” he called out in shock as her brown orbs stared back into his. With the dream still fresh in his mind, Mi Cha was a mirror image of the girl crying above him. Both of them stared into each other’s eyes frozen. In self-perseveration Mi Cha lightly jerked her wrist a quick drain pulling out his shock. Still within sleeps grasp the emptying feeling of the drained caused him to pass out, falling right into her  arms.