His Hidden Skill

Drained

Two | His Hidden Skill

                University was tedious to say the least. Jaejoong wasn’t really interested in maths or social sciences. He really only sang and danced but those were only hobbies. He wasn’t even sure how he got into distinguished J University. After all this time had he was close his bachelor’s in communications since he thought learning languages and public speaking were somewhat interesting. The day walked by and it was lunch. He scarfed down his meal quickly and headed towards the plaza. Sitting in the center of the plaza were a crowd of men of varying ages all in their twenties.  

                “Hey, Jaejoong,” a guy standing 180cm fist bumped him.

                “Hi Dae-Hyun,” Jaejoong nodded towards the beat box.

                A heavy beat song played it didn’t matter who was singing only the melody and beat that he moved to. Dropping to the ground, kicking his heels out, the issue of tiny scrapes on his palms had no substance, all that mattered that he was dancing. The surge of euphoria rushed through his body filling his blood stream, pushing into him beyond the edge. Dancing was one of Jaejoong’s favorite pastimes coupled with singing it was a drug he was entirely addicted to, singing was his drug and dance powered it up. He blocked out the world, nothing could touch him, dance his mind urged him. The tense strain in his body, panting breathes, tightness in his limbs, everything was just right. When the strain moved towards burning pain he forced his unwilling body to a stop.

                Finally he paused, lying on the ground panting. Seated in the sidelines the trickle of a song reached his ears, thoughtlessly he hummed along. When the lyrics kicked in he sang softly with it, however, he couldn’t control it slowly his voice grew in volume and clarity. Eyes clenched tightly he let his voice go pushing in heart into it.

                Hawk gazing from the crowd, she saw him singing and pushing forward tremors of delicious raw energy. Pure and untainted, the tremors tasted like power, magic of the kinder variety.

                No wait, she thought with a jolt, this is magic. Her eyes sharpened observing the crowd, unconsciously they drew closer to him, eyes closed swaying to his voice. They couldn’t see what she did, the warm light, kind and caring, pulsing out of his body and embracing those near with comfort, relieving them of their worries. All spirits touched by him were cleansed of the negative energy from the power of his voice. It even touched her rubbing off a shale thin layer of darkness surrounding her being. The smallest true smile up turned her lips, for the first time in ages she looked kind and truly happy, and just as quickly dropped from her face.  

                An extraordinary feeling appeared in his heart spreading upward to his throat and emptied into the air in his song. Word after word formed from his ecstatic feeling coming from soul. Mindlessly, he sang in delight as his words and spirit connected in a melody. Tiny threads of his emotions weaved their way into a fabric as he sang almost complete. The last words slipped from his lips and a brilliant, vivid fabric presented itself proudly to all onlookers. Slowly his eyes opened as the high feeling emptied from his body a calm settled in his bones.        

                In his vision, the world was tinted with a purplish hue, very soft and very calm, in some ways appealing. Spinning and twirling at the edges, a discolored, softened sky now stood above him. He couldn’t hear anything only his heartbeat thudding in his chest, the blood rushing through his ears, and that unknown tune he played in his head.

                “Man… you’ve got a voice.  Even the girls can tell he’s hot stuff,” Dae-Hyun laughed.

                Looking around, he, eyes widened, spotted a crowding of girls… and a handful of boys… muttering while pointing at him.  Some looked shocked; others awestruck, some even looked at him with envy which probably shocked him more than anything else.  He wasn’t that great a singer was he?

                “What did I do?” he mouthed twice before the actual words came out.

                “Mannnn,” Day, whose real name Jaejoong had long forgotten, stretched the N before finishing the sentence, “You have a set of lungs on you.”

                He, eyes wandering, spotted a girl in the crowd who tickled his memory. Who is she? Her light hair, fair complexion, and height stood out in his mind. I know her. Whether that was a good or bad thing he didn’t know. His mind continued to try connecting her profile in his memory until she faded from his sight.

                Her eyes once more observant and razor-sharp had a spark of interest brightening up her eyes. The finished product of his bizarre magic as intriguing, a magic both raw yet controlled. Raw in the fact he not an ounce of wisdom of what he was doing or even that he was could do it yet controlled in the fact it emanated through his voice into a final product, complete and clean.

                “This is going to be fun,” she mouthed to herself with a pointed smirk. Relaxing her muscles, she let the crowd carry her movement naturally out of his sight, fading into the crowd.

                Goose bumps ran along his back, where unseen eyes bore into him. Jaejoong shrugged off the paranoid and bounced back up. However, the eyes never stop watching him Jaejoong felt them following him where ever he went. He went through the day as normal but that prickly sensation didn’t completely fade away.

                In the middle of his English class, the last class of his day, he drifted off. His starting thoughts were odd and disconnected: a image of a puppy, a road, a house and lastly somehow most memorable the clear picture of a chariot riding through the night with no person leading it’s reins and the English letters vii emblazed in gold on the front…

                Hiking up his long britches, he walked through the grassland plain searching. His eyes crossed the yellow painted knee high grass pausing at a lone tree in the middle. Underneath its slender, high branches was a hint of unexplained white. Smiling he walked towards the sunset, towards the tree. The unexplained splash of white was what he thought a pretty girl, of foreign look.

                “Mi!” he yelled out his shorten version of her name pronouncing it as “My.”

“Hello,” she greeted warmly wrapping her delicate wrist around his neck. Jaejoong realized it was the exact girl from his dream, however, he was definitely not the same man. He spoke clearly and elegantly in an English tone while in the dream he spoken in archaic Korean.

                BAM! The professor dropped a rather large textbook in front of Jaejoong’s face causing his heart to pump franticly, heart-attack in the making. The professor’s large eyes and pale hair out of place in the sea of black haired slit eyed people that were his students.

                “Perhaps you would like to talk Mr. Kim,” the teacher commented with annoyance in his tone.

“Ah? What? Excuse me what do you want me to do?” his pronounce heavy and overstressed an absolute opposite of the English he spoke in the day dream.

“What is type of things do you like?” the teacher reclarified .

“Um.. I like muick, dansing and ea-ting,” the understandable, but heavy English spilled out his mouth.

Only a few minutes later the bell signaled the end of afternoon classes and he walked home. Bathed in the warm coloring of the setting sun he started humming a half-forgotten song. Each word was on the tip of his tongue and lost, but he hummed all the same. The song gave him comfort even with that irritating tingle that made his hairs stand continued.

She kept an eye on him making certain that his was unaware of his strength. Collecting, analyzing, and sorting his every moment for future use. In her eyes she spotted the cloak of protective magic he casted over himself without realizing it.   

A/N: That was my last pre-written chapter which I added to and changed so my updates will be based my creative flow and muse now! What does everyone what do you of will happen so far? What do you think will happen later in the fic? What do you ant to happen? What do you think of the fic?  Comment and criticize please!