Chapter Three

Citrine

“Is it for rent?” Jongin asked.

 “Actually, it isn’t for rent yet.” Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly and squinted his eyes apologizingly.

“I still need to have it checked and repaired, so maybe after that I can rent it to you.”

“Ooohh.. I see.” The smile in Jongin’s face quickly faltered.

 

Kyungsoo was so intrigued by how Jongin’s facial expression could change in a snap of a finger but he suddenly remembered the old performance video of Citrine Seri made him watch before.

 

He’s the main dancer of the group that looked like the main visual because the camera was always on his face. Maybe the cameraman forgot he’s a dancer and was just hypnotized to film how his face changes in every beat.

 

Charismatic stage presence.

Kyungsoo thought.

 

“Actually, I’m renting a few spaces you can check if you’re still interested.”

 

Jongin’s face automatically brightened.

 

“Very.”

 

Somewhere in Korea, Seri’s mind is exploding.

 

Kyungsoo’s hand was itching to message Seri that he’s touring Citrine’s main dancer in his Bohol properties but he couldn’t. He didn’t want to seem rude in front of the new client.

 

Kyungsoo showed Jongin a few places he owns but he could get the vibe that he still liked the one beside the restaurant.

 

“Do you want anything to drink?” Kyungsoo opened the fridge as they got back to the office.

 

“Cola would be nice.”

 

Kyungsoo handed him the cold soda and implied to Jongin to sit so they can talk about the properties.

 

“The first one you saw was this.” Kyungsoo points at the photo in his tablet.

“This costs $1,500 a month. As you saw a while ago, the space is big, has an appropriate kitchen space, a big washroom, and is ready to use. The downside for this is that it’s not beachfront.”

 

Jongin pursed his lips as he moved closer to see the photo clearly.

 

Kyungsoo flips the page in the pdf presentation and continued discussing the spaces for rent.

 

“This was the second one we checked. As you can see, it is also not a beachfront property. It is smaller compared to the first one, but is also ready to use. The perks of this space is that it’s near a transport terminal so the traffic of people will be a big help for your planned business.”

 

Kyungsoo realizes he still hasn’t asked what kind of business Jongin wanted to do.

 

“If I may ask, what type of business were you planning on?”

 

The question suddenly energizes Jongin.

 

“I’m actually planning on starting a small Korean Restaurant that will serve Korean food people usually see in K-dramas. Tteokbokki, Kimbap, Jjajangmyeon, Jjamppong, Ramyeon, and more. I also want it to be a hangout place for people who love K-drama and Korean food. There can be Soju nights and such.” Jongin chirps happily.

 

“Oh, I see.”

 

Kyungsoo showed a picture of the third one and it is very obvious that Jongin has already set heart on the place beside Kyungsoo’s restaurant. He didn’t seem that happy with the ones Kyungsoo has just discussed.

 

“Okay, the fourth one.” Kyungsoo said.

 

If Jongin had a tail, it would be wagging nonstop now.

 

Kyungsoo showed the photo of the place Jongin hasn’t seen yet. It is the one next to his restaurant and Jongin couldn’t stop his uncontrollable grin.

 

“Hm. I think you don’t need to say it. You like this one the best.”

“Can you show the space to me, please? I don’t care if it still looks abandoned now. I think I can wait for it to be fixed.”

 

He really fell in love with the place.

 

Kyungsoo can’t blame him because it’s the same reason he bought that spot in the first place.

 

They went ahead and check the old milk tea shop and Jongin couldn’t close his mouth.

 

Whoa, wah, oohh were the only words coming out from his mouth and Kyungsoo can’t help but chuckle.

 

Jongin looked so cute and innocent.

No wonder the fan girls loved him very much.

He seemed so cold and always looked so cool onstage, but apparently, he’s still a kid at heart.

 

How old is this guy? Kyungsoo wondered.

 

“How old are you?” Jongin’s trance was interrupted by Kyungsoo’s sudden personal question and a look of panic flooded his face.

“I – I just turned thirty. Why? Is there something wrong? Is there an age limit for this or something? Is it illegal?”

 

Kyungsoo was shocked to see him panic over his question.

 

Damn. Pink Entertainment certainly fxcked him up.

 

“Hey hey. Calm down. I was just curious.” Kyungsoo softly smiled and Jongin’s face was washed with relief.

“For a moment there I thought I didn’t pass the requirements of something.”

“No, no. Please. You’re thirty, not thirteen.”

 

And they both laughed.

 

“Well you see here, we have to fix the cracks and holes on the ceiling first.” Kyungsoo pointed, both of them looking up.

“Then we have to repaint, fix the stairs, and change the flooring. The floor is all scuffed up you see.”

 

He explained while kicking the invisible dirt on the floor.

 

“How long would it take to renovate this place?” Jongin asked with a look of hope in his eyes.

“As I have an Interior Design firm here, I already have the set of people to vamp up this place. So let’s say.. maybe about a month after the design approval?” Kyungsoo said while touching his chin.

 

Jongin nods in approval and was in a trance once again. He was imagining how he would like the place to turn out.

 

I bet it would turn out great. Jongin thinks to himself.

 

Kyungsoo explained that the place has no kitchen, but the back door is connected to his restaurant’s. He showed it to Jongin, and there’s a small kitchen spot allotted for whoever will be renting the place next door.

 

It has an appropriately sized fridge, a sink, a four-burner gas stove, a stainless island preparation table with storage underneath.

 

The kitchen staffs from Kyungsoo’s restaurant sees and greets them cheerfully. The respect they showed Kyungsoo made Jongin smile.

 

He seems like a nice boss.

 

“So.. how do you like it?” Kyungsoo asked while closing the back door.

 

“I love it, actually.”

 

It was getting hot and humid so Kyungsoo removed his linen button-up shirt and used it to pat his neck now damp with beads of sweat.

 

Jongin caught a glimpse of something that sparkled on top of Kyungsoo’s collarbone.

 

Beautiful.

 

Jongin thought.

 

“It’s citrine.” He said with a goofy smile painted on his lips.

“I’m sorry—what?” Kyungsoo’s body jolted because he was a bit of surprised of Jongin mentioning Citrine.

 

Did he tell Jongin he knows he’s a Citrine member? Kyungsoo’s trying to recall their conversations.

 

“Your necklace. It’s citrine.” Jongin said, pointing at the gold necklace on Kyungsoo’s neck.

 

Kyungsoo looked down at his necklace as realization hit him.

 

“Oh. This.” He lets out an awkward chuckle thinking he panicked for no reason.

 

Why did I panic?

 

“Uhm. Yes, it’s citrine. It’s a birthday gift from my younger sister last year.” He said, smiling at the thought.

 

It’s his lucky charm.

 

Everything in his life went well as soon as he started wearing it or so he thinks.

​​

He’s a big fan of crystals after all.

 

“It’s nice.” Jongin said and Kyungsoo missed the small smirk playing on his lips.

 

Jongin was reminded of all the happy memories with his group members and supportive fans.

It was just the agency who ruined everything for everyone.

 

Jongin pulled something from underneath his shirt and showed it to Kyungsoo.

 

“I also have a citrine necklace.” He said while proudly grinning from ear-to-ear which was contagious because Kyungsoo also found himself sporting a huge smile.

 

They went back to the office and chugged another can of soda while drying themselves with a paper towel.

 

“That reminds me, we have to put ACU there.”

 

Both chuckled because they were both thinking the same thing.

 

They discussed the cost of the rent and renovation cost and Jongin thought it’s really different living in a foreign country. He thought of how expensive it was to start a business in South Korea, most especially the rent and renovation costs.  It would cost him a fortune. He’s not yet rich even after all the hard work he did for his career.

 

Starting a business here would be cheaper and more fun. Maybe.

Jongin thought silently.

 

“So.. Anything else I can help you with, Jongin?”

“Actually there is.”

“What is it? Maybe I could help you out.”

“I need an apartment.”

“What? Where are you living now, then?”

“At the hotel.”

“Oh my. That would cost you a lot. Take it from me.” Kyungsoo laughed as he also did it when he first arrived here.

“I know.” Jongin laughed and said he couldn’t agree more.

“Oh. I have a presentation here of apartments you can rent.”

 

Kyungsoo lets him know that it is kind of expensive to rent an apartment in Bohol because of the good surrounding it offers.

 

“Well, how much a month?” Jongin asked hopefully.

“They’re almost as much as the rent of the shop.”

 

Jongin’s face was suddenly drained of color and Kyungsoo noticed.

 

“But there’s something we can do about it.”

Kyungsoo mutters thinking to himself if it's a good idea.