2 - Here Comes the Bride

Silakbo
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Ma’am, avoid biting your lips po. This will be our last retouch before we enter the hall.”

 

I smiled apologetically. I can’t help it. Probably pre-wedding jitters. That’s what they call it.

 

Kinakabahan ako for some reason. Siguro ganito talaga kapag you’re about to tie the knot. Everything just seems so overwhelming. Wala akong paglagyan ng nararamdaman.

 

The stylist’s assistant pats my forehead dry for the nth time. Hindi na raw ako masyadong pagpapawisan mamaya dahil mas malamig na ang lilipatan namin.

 

I was guided through the corridors until we were by the church’s entrance. I see the entourage entering one by one, music from the piano and various strings echoing through the solemn hall.

 

They closed the doors after the last of the entourage entered. Everything was blurry at this point at nagpapadala na lang ako kung saan nila ako dalhin.

 

I was standing in front of the large doors that would take me to another big chapter of my life.

 

It was silent for a while and my loud breathing was all I could notice. I’m checking if I’m still breathing fine.

 

I heard the faint tunes of the piano, playing the intro of the song that would welcome me. Slowly, I’m feeling at ease at the sound of it. Bumagal ang pagtibok ng puso ko at mas naririnig ko na ang mga bagay sa paligid.

 

It was that song that would guide me to a journey I never imagined.

 

I hear the wedding organizer speak through their earpiece.

 

“Here comes the bride.”

 

The doors slowly opened as they played our theme song — The One by Kodaline.

 

In front of me were people waiting for me— witnessing the path that I’m about to take. Karamihan sa kanila ay masayang nakangiti sa akin at ang ilan ay naluluha sa halo halong emosyon na nadarama nila.

 

As I walked down the aisle, it dawned on me that I’m finally here. I’m sure some of them couldn’t believe that I’m getting married to the person waiting for me at the end of the aisle. Sabagay, ako rin naman.

 

I let my eyes scan the scene in front of me.

 

Flowers in soft colors, warm lights from chandeliers that glimmer everywhere you look. They really made it like how I dreamt of it. A dream that I built with you.

Please log in to read the full chapter