Let's make another promise

Darker than Dark : sequel

The penthouse he owned was now having lights in the middle of the night, he was searching in his old stuff on something he sure he brought with him when he relocate to the capital.

"Where did I put it?"

Beomgyu said looking in some old boxes, and finally he found it in one

"Woh, it still alive"

He said looking at the Keychain, HueningKai gave him in the trip, and with it there was a memory card

"What in this? So old!"

He stands and walked to his laptop on a sofa, he put it in a reading driver, and it had some pictures and videos, he clicked on the frist video

"The quad day"

He saw that he was the one taking the video and Taehyun was driving...

"Oh it's Taehyun, and also HueningKai and Soobin, omo! Yeonjun was cool back at the days!"

He found himself clicking on the other videos seeing the bungee jump and the beach day, watching them with a smile.



//:::::::::::::::::::::::://



Opening his eyes, first thing he saw was a white ceiling, where he is...

"Yeonjun!"

Soobin stands immediately, but the doctor who was next to him tried to push him back

"Please don't move yet"

he was in the hospital, and his son was next to him sitting, feeling relieved seeing him, he lay down on the bed again asking

"Yeonjun'ah are you okay?"

Little Yeonjun nodded

"The kid is fine, you also will be fine thankfully you got in the hospital in time"

Soobin looked at his full bandage arms, then remembered someone drove him here, was he dreaming? "Who did drove..." He wanted to ask but saw a bold man coming to his direction wearing a black suit looking like a gangster "glad you are okay"

"Who are you?"

But the doctor answered "he is the man who brought you here, he was waiting for you to regain conscious"

"Oh for real?" Soobin look at the guy "why? You are not the one who hurt me"

The man look at the doctor and the doctor nodded leaving.

Soobin felt suspicious.

"Am here to ask you to not say anything to the cops" the man asked

"They tried to kidnap my son and hit me with a car and I should not report it?" Soobin said in disbelief

"But your son is fine  because of me, and I will take good care of them way better than the police I promise" the guy said looking at little Yeonjun and Soobin felt his son tensed

"Who drove the car here?" Soobin asked

"Me, see i also helped you out, it's a win win"

"No, it's not you am sure I touched the driver" Soobin look at his arm suit that was clean from any blood, also if he helped or carried him he should be stained from the up side, weirdly his knees were dirty...he is definitely lying!

The guy tensed looking at his arm, but shrugs it "No you didn't, ask your kid did i drove the car?"

Soobin look at his son who look at him and nodded with "yes he did" and when his son spoked he definitely believed him, he was there and he won't be lying! Maybe all that was a dream, and he didn't wake up at all, because who is he kidding if he wasn't dreaming then what? Yeonjun came back from the death?

The man smiled proudly "anyway, am still little busy, so... i saved you and your son you should be helpful too or..."

The guy left whitout finishing his sentence threatening

Soobin tried to forget about it since he is fine, he touched his head and a bandage was around it too

"It's hurt daddy?"

"Not much, sorry I couldn't protect you" he pulled his son up on the bed hugging and kissing him even with his injuries "am glad you didn't get hurt"



:::://::::



"All settled, he won't tell on us for sure"

That bold man went inside the car with the front bumper that was been driving by Yeonjun now "good, we should deal with these two now"

"As you always say..."

Yeonjun smirk "we might have a free breakfast tomorrow"

That bold guy definitely like the saying, he got excited when they drive away...



//::::::::::::::::::::::://




"What the hell happened?"

Taehyun said loud when he saw Soobin in front of his house door like a Mummy, HueningKai came running to see what going on

"Is everything okay?...oh my god! Did you had an accident?"

Soobin nodded going inside, he let his car at the hospital and take a taxi here because he couldn't drive "a fun story to tell"

While preparing food for the two Taehyun was listening to Soobin story who skipped the part of him dreaming about a dead guy, little Yeonjun went to play with the twins PS, when the three were sitting at the kitchen table.


"Glad he is safe" HueningKai felt relieved

Soobin nodded "you have no idea how I was scared"

Taehyun frown "you should have stayed over"

"Sorry, next time I will listen" Soobin apologized smiling, when they heard a knock in the door.

"I will get it" little Yeonjun went to the door running and open it then he slammed it back closing it "not Yula"

Taehyun who was standing already, walked to the door "It's okay Yeonjun'ah I will get it" Opening the door, Taehyun saw who was looking at the invitation checking if he gets the correct address, he didn't believe his eyes, he was shocked to see the chaebol of the country standing next his door with a big black sunglasses and a cap to hid his face from all the press, because he is the topic of EVERY newspaper and social media

"Beomgyu!"

Looking up from him checking the address the perfect smile he flashed was way enough to jump on him hugging him

"Waaah" Beomgyu said in happiness seeing the familiar face too "Taehyun, it's been a while"

Inside Soobin and HueningKai look at eachother repeating "Beomgyu?"

The two stands fast going to the door, seeing Taehyun didn't let the hug neither Beomgyu did, HueningKai decide to join the two, and Soobin just join the four. As they were teenagers they start to jump but after they brust out laughing at their child like attitude.

"Guys we all grow up lets not do that" Beomgyu said teasing

"I miss the straightforward Beomgyu" HueningKai said and Taehyun invited him in, but runs to the kitchen because he was preparing food!

"No Yeonjun?" Beomgyu said looking at them

"here" little Yeonjun raised his hand walking to Soobin "daddy am hungry"

"Omo!" Beomgyu look at Soobin surprised "Congratulations, you two got married, we all know you guys are a thing back then, glad one of you confessed, genetic kid? Because he looks exactly like Yeonjun!"

"Am Yeonjun!" The little kid said pouting feeling like he wasn't talking about him

"Other Yeonjun! daddy Yeonjun, or i don't know Mommy Yeonjun?" Beomgyu said

"Beomgyu no!" Taehyun shake his head for him to stop "we will tell you everything"

"Daddy i have Mommy Yeonjun?" The kid ask in curious

"No, you don't" Soobin said

"But he does look like him" Beomgyu stated again

"Beomgyu" Taehyun said "he is no longer with us"

Beomgyu happy face and energetic body faded "w-what...?"



::://:::



"I didn't know sorry" Beomgyu said hearing the story, he wasn't feeling happy anymore, he look at Soobin "am really sorry"

Soobin shrugs it "not your fault you didn't know"

The place was little bit quiet now when HueningKai spoke "come on guys we finally gathered let have fun, and forget the past"

"Oh" Beomgyu put his hand in his pocket and take out the Keychain "look!"

HueningKai was surprised "oh my god you still have it?! I thought it's just me and Taehyun!"

Soobin add "I still have it in my car mirror too"

"For real?" HueningKai felt proud "you guys are real friends"

"Family for me" Taehyun said to HueningKai

"Family?" Beomgyu asked again "you guys got m..."

"BROTHER" Taehyun yells before Beomgyu finish the word 'married' and that made all of them laugh outloud.

"So you still single?" Beomgyu asked Taehyun

Taehyun nodded

"Am single too, be mine" he said acting cutely and Taehyun gave him a look of emptiness.

"No"

Beomgyu laughed and dramatically said "i got rejected" to HueningKai who was sitting next to him hitting his shoulder, and the other two couldn't hold there laugh too.



:::/:::



"Guys you will all spent the night here, and tomorrow we go to the wedding place and make sure everything is ready okay?" Taehyun said looking at Soobin and Beomgyu "Beomgyu don't give me excuses"

Beomgyu smiled awkwardly "fact i bought my bag with me in case you invited me, I have 5 days off"

"Perfect, I have the twins room empty, it had two bed"

Beomgyu shake his head "i can sleep in the sofa, Soobin and Yeonjun...No that sounds so wrong, and LITTLE Yeonjun can have the twins room"

"No you are our guest i will give you my room, or HueningKai room"

"Since you rejected me I will share with HueningKai"

HueningKai clap in happiness

"That had nothing to do with..." Taehyun rolled his eyes "HueningKai have a 1 size bed"

"Oh! I can sleep in the sofa there"

"You can share with me too if you want I don't mind" Taehyun informed and Beomgyu stands

"Okay, I go get my bag, little Yeonjun you want to help getting my laptop from the car?" Beomgyu asked the kid who came as fast as he can when he heard the word help




//:::::::::::::::::::::::://




"Choi Daniel, here for your yearly examination?"

Yeonjun look at the doctor coming to him, feeling the headache getting worse he said little angry "didn't you guys called?" Usually if he had the examination he doesn't take any medications and painkillers the whole day till he finish

"Yes, but unfortunately the new doctor who took your case had an accident and he is on a leave"

Yeonjun smirked knowing it's just his luck "of course"

"Don't be so pessimistic, he gave me instructions so I can do the examination but..." the doctor stopped

"Am listening..."

"He want to evaluate your symptoms without the effects of any over-the-counter medications. If possible, don't take anything so we can see every abnormal after 48 hours"

"2 days?"

"You are already in one..."

Feeling his head is about to explode, he nodded, better it explode and die anyway but he just know that even death doesn't want him so he agree

"Great, let's go do it now, and you can come back tomorrow!" the doctor informed 



//:::::::::: next day : the wedding day ::::::::://


Taehyun was really nervous when they arrived at the wedding palace, happy he got the help of the three to make sure everything is ready, because he was so nervous more than the bride herself, who he stayed with her when she was waiting the time, he hold his tears hardly with her especially when the twins arrived from their university in suits, calling HueningKai the five Hugs dearly, and take a family picture...

As the bride was entering, and the guests stands, HueningKai who took little Yeonjun with him and the twins walk in first and after Taehyun came with his sister with the loud music, reaching her groom, and handing her to her husband 


"Am so proud of him" Beomgyu said to Soobin who were watching from the side

"Yes he rise them all by himself, he must be proud" Soobin smiled with teary eyes "oh I will cry"

"Don't or i will cry too" Beomgyu hit him laughing his cry off


After the ceremony ended the guest went to the dinning hall where HueningKai take the attention of everyone by hitting his glass with a spoon.

"Hello everyone, am happy you all make a time to share with us this beautiful moment, I wanted to take the bride attention and her 3 brothers to thank you for the family you provide me when I lost mine"

"Stop" Taehyun yells laughing but start crying finally hiding his face in Beomgyu shoulder who was next to him

"It's okay to cry" Beomgyu said with a low voice tabbing his back.

"Taehyun'ah, am so proud of you, you rised this family on your shoulders"

All the guests start to clap at him, but Taehyun was crying a river on Beomgyu shoulder.

"Since it's all crying, I want to present my gift for you Yula!" Beomgyu said loud.

Yula heard a familiar music started, of her favorite singer, she stands start swinging, but saw the singer coming from the entrance and screamed loud

"AAAAAAH OMG OMG"

Everyone was amazed start to clap and dance with the live singing, and Yula dragged her husband to dance in the middle.

"Let's dance Taehyun'ah" Beomgyu dragged Taehyun to the middle too trying to lift up the mood going to HueningKai and litte Yeonjun and the twins and dance the night away...


Soobin who felt his phone ringing look at the call and it was the hospital, he took the call when he walked outside the hall "hello?"

"Dr.Choi, did you check the pictures I just sent you?"

"stay with me" he took the phone down and start checking the pictures putting the doctor on speaker "oh God! it will just get worse if we waited another day without his medications tell him to take it immediately if he can, and tomorrow will have the surgery"

"Dr.choi ...emm...this is from yesterday morning examination"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

"The patient just came, and he is in a very bad condition, and also refused the surgery"

"Didn't you tell him before..."

"Yes but he change his mind suddenly when he was going to sign"

"Why?"

"I don't know, but he asked about the doctor in charge name, and refused once I said your name"

Saying he will be there, he Hang up and went back inside talking to Taehyun that he need to go to the hospital fast, Taehyun nodded understanding a doctor job

"Take my car" Beomgyu gave him the keys since he came with them, and he left after telling his son to stay with them.



::://:::



Finally the party ended, and the bride left with her groom, the place was now empty from the guests, when Beomgyu said again

"I still have one surprise for you guys, but Soobin is not here" Beomgyu said little sad

"Really? What! Show us!" Taehyun said with little Yeonjun sitting on his lap, and HueningKai next to them with the twins too.

Beomgyu look at the worker who was in charge of the screen, and the screen got opened...

*I HATE YOU BEOMGYU*

The scream that let everyone one laugh when they saw a recording of Taehyun and Beomgyu jumping from the bungee jump...

"Oh my god, you still have every footage of the trip" HueningKai said seeing the things he even recorded himself.

"You guys still look the same" one of the twins said

*HueningKai is so cool*

"Wait that Yeonjun voice complimentin HueningKai? Weird!" Taehyun said surprised

HueningKai remembered "o o! I gave him my phone to record me since Soobin was scared to reach the edge!"

Watching and laughing at it, when Yeonjun showed up at the screen in a video Beomgyu look at little Yeonjun "look don't you look like him? He have blue eyes too"

But for there surprise the kid start crying, Beomgyu was speechless

"Yeonjun'ah he is just joking!" Taehyun start to relax him but the kid shake his head a no

"I lied to my daddy"

Taehyun look clueless, why he would cry for a lie right now

"What lie?"

"The scary face guy told me he will take me away from daddy if I told him he was the one who help daddy to the hospital that day, and I lied to daddy"

The kid sobs pointing at the screen

"You must be mistaken" HueningKai said "Our Yeonjun died 10 years ago"

"No, he called my daddy name several times, but he told me not to tell"

The three look at eachother feeling creepy

"He is definitely mistaken" HueningKai repeated

"But he knew Soobin name? Soobin said he didn't know the guy" Taehyun doubt it

But Beomgyu asked "why you called him scary face guy?"

Sobbing the kid answered "he have something here...."

He pointed to his right side face, and Beomgyu unconsciously put his finger as a gun and act like he was shooting himself for them to understand.

"Oh god...could be...he survived?" Taehyun felt the shivers....



//:::::::::::::::::::::::://



Soobin who arrived at the hospital met the doctor who let in charge at the entrance.

"Am sorry I sent it to you late" the other Doctor apologized and Soobin hate it but what they can do now?

"Get the surgery room ready, I will convince him, where is he?"

"He is at the waiting room"

Soobin walked to the waiting room, and entered looking at it full "Choi Daniel?" He asked a nurse there

"He just left"

"What is he wearing?" Soobin asked fast and the nurse did answer faster

"Blue silky shirt, black jeans, long black hair and scar in the face?!"

She tried her best and Soobin went to the entrance direction, looking around and seeing someone from far away with the same description, and saw him also touching his head continuesly he called loudly

"CHOI DANIEL"

That person did stop, Soobin felt relieved he is the one, but suddenly he moves faster going out to the hospital parking, like he was running away from him

"Ya...what wrong with him??"

Feeling triggered to follow him, he did run after him, Soobin pushed the door to the parking and saw him away near a car getting unlocked... he runs! Feeling the pain from his body, yet he ignore it, and did reach him when he was just about to drive away but thankfully he hit the brakes and did not run over him.

"YOU WANT TO BE HIT AGAIN, ARE YOU STUPID?"

Soobin heard the yelling from inside, but he ignore it, the guy was now wearing a black cap, and mask face and an eye patch under it totally hiding his face even with his long black hair

"lets talk, am sorry I let you wait, but your condition need a surgery"

"No I don't want, it's my right to refuse"

Soobin just pointed to his ear "I can't hear you"

The patient opend his side car window and spoke again "I don't want it, it's my right to refuse, move away"

Soobin walked in front of him "yes it is your right, but better if you had one, it won't take much 3 days and you can go back to your normal life! It's a 99% success, no need to be afraid"

"Yes am afraid of that 1% okay! Look at yourself you will miss a scissor in my brain"

Soobin just realized the words the guy said before 'be hit again' how did he know? also he did refuse because of the doctor name which is him! This guy definitely know him, he grabs the open window car asking

"Do you know me?"

Seeing the patient didn't answer and push down the brake driving the car, Soobin who was still catching on the door, with the car moving he hit his shoulder and fall on the ground, the car immediately stopped and the driver went out full concerned asking...

"Are you okay?"

His voice was full of worried when he get closer, helping him to stand.

"Yea, am okay am okay!" Soobin said looking closer to the only part of his face been revealed and it was his eye, the color was blue, but colorless lenses were on them definitely he is having a bad eyesight... and he know he got hit by a car... and the only person he dreamed about that day...

when the patient was leaving again Soobin had the audacity to take him on surprise grabbing his arm turning him with force, and use the other hand to take away the cap...

And he can clearly see the trace of an old bullet on that face...

Not knowing his tears were already silently falling... he whispered the name...

"Yeonjun?"

Not denying it, he took the mask off but kept the eyepatch and said "that name died for you 10 years ago"

"No... why... how..." Soobin couldn't find the words, is he dreaming? Even his heart was racing, he body was trembling...but from happiness 

Yeonjun grimaced "how i lived? Unlucky me right? But good you left that time too i see you made a bright future"

"Are you kidding me? I know you gave my mother the money" Soobin felt hurt hearing that "you have no idea how much I CRIED BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD"

Yeonjun smirked "why? You felt guilty? Don't, I was a killer at the time and am no better than one right now"

"Yeonjun!" Soobin hold him with both hands this time

Yeonjun tried to pull away "Let me go, you make it to the light I went to the darkness, you said it that day, you wished you never met me and I made it true"

"Yeonjun..." Soobin who was still having tears called desperately

"But for real how can you name your son that name, he will have the most unfortunate life, how did you convince your wife?"

Soobin asked "why you didn't reply on my text?"

Yeonjun laughed at the question "sorry I was busy doing my sentence because I killed my "

"What..?" Feeling his heart hurt more and more Soobin clenched his fist on his both arms

"What you didn't read it in my medical file i was doing the trip in my first year to the hospital from the jail..."

"Why they would..."

"Because my mother was angry I killed her lovely husband" Yeonjun mockingly answered "but it's okay just 3 years, i learned so much to the point i took her place and put her in a mental hospital"

Soobin hearing the news of his life, make him want to just hold him more and run away from all this with him "I should have stayed..."

"No" Yeonjun didn't gave him the time to speak "if you stayed i would have been a victim now am the master"

"Stop..." Soobin hate how he see himself a master if he take what his family was doing

"Why, aren't you curious of how much I killed?"

"Yeonjun stop"

"Aren't you curious how much I emptied my gun on..."

"Stop..." Soobin was crying

"How much i..."

"YEONJUN STOP" Soobin yells hugging him "I don't care, whatever you did i don't care about your past, just come with me now I won't let you do anything bad, and I will never let go of you ever again"

Yeonjun kept silent when he got hugged... it's been a while since someone hugged him... it felt warm... and he missed it...

"it was my fault, I shouldn't have told you that" Soobin said desperately "am so sorry I wasn't there when I promised I will be" 

Yeonjun was just listening 

"Can I make another promise?"

Yeonjun could feel a tear in his cheek, Soobin was the only person he trusted in his life, he was the only person he want to protect, and seeing him as a known doctor did he succeeded when he decide to send him away?

But he is afraid...

If he accepts....

Will he hurt him again...

Like he did once?

Hearing Soobin begging him, that cold icy heart he had was melting...

He hugged him back...and whispered...

"Yes.. "

Soobin heard Yeonjun saying that he was thankful of the second chance he got, but not much time he start feeling Yeonjun sliding down from his arms

"Yeonjun?"

He look at him, and saw him with his eyes closed fainting with blood coming out from his ear. Remembering he was the patient who suffered two days because of that stupid doctor, Soobin put one arm behind Yeonjun back and the other behind his knees carrying him bridal style to the inside...




//:::::::::::: 4 months later ::::::::::://



Opening his eyes seeing the light coming from the window...

"Breakfast ready!" He saw little Yeonjun coming in jumping on the bed "daddy will be mad if we are late Yeonjun"

Yeonjun smiled with the little kid that look exactly like him...when he woke up and went out he saw Soobin on the kitchen, who spoke immediately...

"Yeonjun'ah! Wash your hands first"

"Me or him?" The little Yeonjun asked and Soobin look at his son, the kid spoke again while going to wash his hands "oh yes you don't call him that..."

Yeonjun smiled looking at Soobin "maybe I should have rented another house"

Soobin rolled his eyes "he will get use to you, and you have been in the hospital for 4 months, I need to keep an eye on you"

"is that your real reason Daddy?"

Soobin heard his kid asking while coming he smiled turning to the other side, like he didn't hear the question 

"Wasn't my choice either I woke up and found myself in the US!" Yeonjun said with little Yeonjun and the two were nodding to eachother, but the fact that when he woke up he didn't even dislike the idea or got mad, no, he liked it.

Soobin laughed awkwardly "I told you I will never let go of you again, also,i trust my medical team here! The face surgery was perfect! And as a doctor it was easy to bring you here unconscious it looked urgent"

Yeonjun smiled at the devilish idea, looking at the window glass seeing his faint reflection...

his normal reflection...

with no scar...

 


 

 

 




The end.

 

 

 

 

 

 

:::::::;:::: author note :

Hi everyone I hope you liked the official ending ^^ 

Thank you for any support, feel free to comment, judge, or critic am open to everything to learn more and do my best next !

 

Have a nice day wherever you guys are :3