04

Heaven

 

IU’s POV

 

Myungsoo and I walked side by side until we reached his hospital room.

“Well, I guess, we can see each other again tomorrow?” I asked.

“In your dreams, you little kid.” Myungsoo entered his room and slammed the door in my face.

“Sheesh! What an unfriendly ahjussi. Merong~” I said quietly.

“Ya! I heard that!” He shouted from inside.

Aish! Eottheokhae?

I quickly ran away.

It’s nice meeting you, babo ahjussi.

Unknowingly, a smile spread across my face.

 

L’s POV

 

“Aish, that kid! She’s seriously gonna get some from me.” My eyebrows scrunched in frown. Bit by bit, it loosened and a smile appeared on my face.

She’s really cute at times. Ya, Kim Myungsoo! What are you thinking?!

I mentally scolded myself.

What’s happening to me? I’ve only met her awhile ago but she feels so close to me like we had known for years.

 

IU’s POV

 

I skipped merrily on the way to my room. I opened the door and found Dr. Jang by my bed.

Uh-oh, he’s frowning.

 

I glanced at the nurse. She mouthed a “Sorry” at me.

“Ya! Lee Jieun, where did you go? Didn’t I told you to just stay inside?” His face was red with anger. And, believe me, I saw some steam coming out from his nostrils.

 

“Ya! Lee Jieun, where did you go? Didn’t I told you to just stay inside?” His face was red with anger. And, believe me, I saw some steam coming out from his nostrils.

“But, it was so boring staying in this room. There’s nothing to do!” I protested.

“But, you’re still weak. You can’t just go out like that anytime you wanted to!” He said.

I just stayed silent.

“Take a rest for now. I don’t want you to get any sicker.” Dr. Jang finally calmed a bit.

I obeyed him and climbed onto my bed. I tucked myself under the cosy blanket and fell asleep.

 

The next morning

 

I hummed a random tune as I walked to Myungsoo’s room. I wanted to see him again. Seeing him made me felt happy and at ease. I was at his room and ready to opened his door to gave a little surprise by visiting him. Again. I was about to open the door when I heard a conversation between him and someone.

“Myungsoo-ah, you’re feeling a little bit better?” Someone asked.

“Ne.” Myungsoo answered.

“Aigoo~ You poor child.” The gentle voice showed much pity on him.

The voice sounded like an elder woman.

“Probably, the doctors said I’m not going to live long but I believe in miracles.”  He said.

“Myungsoo-ah, I’m so sorry. If I had enough money, for sure you’re not going to suffer with cancer.” The old lady started to sob.

“Aniyo, it’s not your fault.”

I took a peek inside the room and saw him hugging the old lady.

He’s sick? With cancer just like me?

 

Author's note:

 

Actually, I was trying to update for the past 4 days. But, the site crashed down. Sorry if I keep you waiting :(