Overnight Change

The Extend of Love

Being brought up by a strict family, Karina was taught to always plan ahead and be confident in her actions. That mindset made her achieve countless awards and never once did Karina not get what she wanted. The school vice-president was always so sure of herself. Everything was under her control or so she thought.

 

"Yoo Jimin, I certainly hope this is not true." The wine-haired shudders when heard the cold stern voice of the head of the household. Balling her hands into a fist to hide her fear, Karina looked at her father and tried to put on a convincing smile.

 

"What do you mean, father?"

The man sighs, taking a glance towards his wife who shakes her head in dismay.

 

"We were just happy that you went out with Jeno last week. I thought all was going well between the both of you but what is this?" Her mother reaches out to give Karina an unsealed brown envelope.

 

With trembling hands, Karina takes the thick envelope. She had a hunch of what were the contents but, she hope that there was a slightest chance that it was not what she thinks it is.

 

However, it seems like her prayer didn't work.

 

It was what she had expected.

 

Photos of her and Winter being intimate at the school's rooftop as well as a shot of them kissing in Winter's bedroom.

 

How did they get these???

 

Karina was so sure that the rooftop was clear and was exclusive only for Winter and her.

How on earth did her parents manage to get shots of her and Winter together? Why didn't she notice that someone was tailing them all along? Karina was paralyzed at the spot, her parents menacing aura holding her in a tight grip. She wants to open to defend herself but she could.

 

"Who is that girl?"

"A...A friend."

"Friend?" Mr. Yoo scoffed, "Now you are even lying to us? Do you not remember rule number 2 in this household, Yoo Jimin?"

 

Of course, I remember... to never lie to you... how could I forget these stupid rules when that's everything you asked me to memorize ever since I was five?

 

Karina bites back her tears and grips tightly on the photos.

 

"W-Why did you send people to follow me again, father?"

"You are not answering my question. I'm giving you one last chance." The old man glares hard at his daughter who could only cower in fear, "Are you dating her?"

 

What if I say yes? Is he going to hurt Minjeong?

I can't possibly say no... we were clearly kissing in the pictures.

 

"Yoo Jimin." Mr. Yoo warns, "You better tell me the truth."

 

What should I do...?

 

"No, she's not." A suddenly boyish voice cut through the tension.

"Sorry, I was late. Was caught up with some business meeting with my dad." Jeno bowed as he entered the living room with his oh-ever-so-charming smile.

 

It was disgusting to see how fast their expressions morphed from being mad to pulling out huge grins at their potential future son-in-law.

 

"Ah, Jeno! You are here," Mr. Yoo greeted brightly.

"Yeah, and sorry to overhear your conversation. I just wanted to clear the air to say that they are not dating." He suddenly wraps an arm around Karina's waist and pulls her close, "Why would Jimin date a girl when she has me?'

 

Karina felt chills all over her body the moment she felt Jeno's touch especially knowing what he almost did to her last night. She tried to escape his grip but Jeno didn't allow it and even tightened his hold.

 

"Is that so?" Mrs. Yoo questioned then held up the photos, "What are these then...?"

The swimming captain could feel Jeno's stares at the side of her head.

 

"Ah.. that girl. Her name is Winter."

Karina snapped her head towards Jeno and glared at him.

 

Did he just ing expose Winter's identity... .

 

"She's a dyke and it was just a game among our friends."

"Game?"

"It was just for fun to see if Jimin could make a dyke fall for her. But apparently, she did it and yeah that's why there are these kissing pictures. But it meant nothing for Jimin,"

"Right, Jimin?" Jeno beamed as if he did not just insult her whole relationship with Winter.

 

But what confuses Jimin was the fact that Jeno wasn't even fazed by the picture of her and Winter together. As if he had already known about their secret relationship.

 

Jeno suddenly leans closer and whispers, "Act if you want to get out of here in one piece."

And once again, Karina denied her real ties with Winter under her father's piercing gazes.

 

"Y-Yes... He's right... It was just... a game."

 

//

"What was that...?"

After sort-of convincing her parents that she wasn't dating Winter, Karina dragged Jeno away to talk in her room. She glared at him, voice harsh. 

The man shrugged his shoulder and scoffed, "Is that how you treat someone who literally saved you from being disowned?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know what's going on with you and that dyke."

 

"Don't call her that! How did you even know?" Karina raises her voice, anger hitting her even more when she. recalls what happened last night, "and don't think that I don't know what you tried to do to me last night." 

Jeno chuckles, "Oh that? Yeah, if only that didn't came and interrupt us. She screamed in my face and said that she's your girlfriend." 

 

Despite feeling happy that Winter still referred to her as her girlfriend, Karina could not believe what she had just heard. 

 

"H-How... I thought you're a good guy, Jeno. I thought we could be friends."

"Well, I have already made it clear from the start that I don't intend to just be your friend." Jeno shakes his head, and Karina notices how frustrated he looks, "Haven't I been obvious enough about my feelings? And here I thought you reciprocrate them by going on dates with me."

"But turns out it was all just an act to hide your ing stupid and disgusting relationship with that dyke."

 

His tone was full of hatred and venom, "What does she has that I don't?"

 

The wine-haired clenched her fist and stressed, "Everything." 

"Yeah?" Jeno snickered, "Can she give you a child? Can she protect you like a man? She can't give you what your parents want from you, Karina."

"Wake up, its not going to work between you guys." 

"Shut up, Jeno. This is none of your business." 

 

The soccer captain cocked his brow tauntingly, "It surely is my business if it involves my girlfriend."

"I ain't your girlfriend and I will never be. Give it up and get lost, Jeno. I don't want to have anything to do with a like you!" 

"Oh sweetie you can't do that." Jeno chuckles. 

"I can and I will." 

"You will have to be my girlfriend. Or, I will be exposing to the whole school about what your true identity is."

 

//

 

"Have you seen Jimin around?" 

"Jimin? Nope... I haven't heard about her since Friday." Giselle furrowed her brows, "I'm getting worried too. It isn't like her to not respond to my texts and calls."

"Has she contacted you?"

 

Winter sighed in distress and shook her head, "I haven't heard from her since Friday too." 

It's Wednesday and the swimmer has been missing classes since Monday with no news of her. Even Yeji and friends have not heard from her. 

 

"D-Do you think something happened to her?" Winter started panicking especially when she remembered how Karina rushed out of her apartment after receiving a call from her father. 

 

Ningning grabbed her hand across to stop her from shaking to calm her down, "Relax, Minjeong. Maybe she's just... busy?"

"Busy? Busy with what? So busy that she had to miss classes?"

Giselle sighed and patted Winter's shoulder, "Win, stop. Maybe it's some business trip that her parents make her go to. Remember? Sometimes she takes leave of absence for trips." 

 

Winter prayed that it was the case. 

 

At Giselle's words and Ningning's comfort, she calmed down slightly and got rid of all the negative thoughts running through her mind. 

 

Jimin... she's fine. 

She will be fine. 

 

While chanting that in her mind, Winter picked up her spoon to get a bite of her lunch when the cafeteria start getting rowdy with cheers and gossips. The three of them looked up and saw the popular gang minus Jimin entering the scene which explains the sudden noise. 

"They are such an eyesore," Giselle clicks her tongue at how the group walked so arrogantly down with their heads held high. 

"Aren't you once part of them?"

"Ew don't group me with those dickheads. I was only there for Jimin." 

 

Winter chuckles at the look of disgust on the older's expression. If there was one thing that came out good from this whole involuntarily outing and break up, it was her newfound friendship with Giselle. 

 

"Hey, look. Are they approaching the new pretty transferee?" Ningning questioned, eyes glued to three tables across them. The other two turned their heads to where the former was looking at. 

 

"Who is that?"

"Were you even listening in class?"

"Huh?" 

"She's the new girl in our class!" 

"She is?"


Giselle snorted at how lost Winter was, "Why am I not surprised at how you are so unbelievably oblivious to your surroundings?"

The short-haired rolled her eyes with a pout. It wasn't her fault that her thoughts are only filled with Yoo Jimin and no one else can take over her mind. 

 

"She's Kim Minju! She just transferred 3 days ago and the hottest news right now. Heard that she already has a line of suitors after her."

Winter takes a glance at the said girl sitting alone at a corner. She has that standard korean beauty that everyone would love - long bright pink hair (no seriously how did Winter not notice her especially with such a striking hair?), big doe eyes, and that overall innocent princess vibe.

Winter shrugs, understanding why the popular kids would approach her. 

 

"Why is she alone though? If she's popular?"

"I don't know. Honestly, I wanted to ask her to have lunch with us because I'm the social butterfly. But..."

Ningning shoots her bestfriend a pointed look, "But I know Kim Minjeong will definitely hate me for it and I also saw our classmates asking her already so I thought she would be fine. I saw her eaiting with some other girls in our class yesterday though."

"Well, you are definitely right if you did that without telling me." 

Ningning cocked a brow, "So if I asked you first, you will let her have lunch with us?"

"Why do you think that she would want to have lunch with us? She has the popular clique asking her to join them." Minjeong rolled her eyes seeing how the clique had settled sitting at Minju's table. 

 

"She don't look that comfortable though." Yizhou pointed out then takes her eyes off the scene before facing her bestfriend, "This actually reminds me of the time Yeji asked you to lunch with them but you rejected her."

"Oh. Don't remind me of that."

Winter groans, recalling how nervous she got when a group of good-looking and intimidating kids came up to her during lunch on her first day of school. 

"That must be why you got on the bad side of Yeji and the gang." 

"Just because I didn't want to sit with them during lunch?" Winter scoffed, "That's so childish."

 

"I agree."

She jumps up at the sudden unfamilar sweet voice. The trio looks up and sees the new hot news standing in front of them with an annoyed expression and her half-eaten tray of food in her hands. 

 

"Kim Minjeong right?" Minju smiles, tilting her head slightly, "Can I sit with you? Those kids just wouldn't leave me alone." 

The short-haired blinks in confusion then looks behind Minju's shoulder to see Jeno and Yeji glaring at her, seemingly embarrassed. Winter put two and two together then quirked at brow at the new girl, "Did you just left them at your table?"

 

"I will take it as a yes," Minju shrugs and sat next to Yizhou who had her jaw dropped on the ground.

"I told them I didn't want to sit with them but they ignored me and sat down on my table, so I left." 

"Wow." Giselle chuckles, "You know that is not going to end well for you right? They are your typical popular mean kids." 

Minju casted her a 'I don't really care' look then turn to the silent girl, "Is that what happened to you too?" 

"P-Pardon?" 

 

The new girl didn't bother to fliter her words, "You're an outcast. They said. A dyke?"

Winter mentally prepared herself to recieve some nasty words from the new girl. Of course they were going to warn her about Winter's ual orientation and for her to stay away. She could feel Ningning's and Giselle's getting to their protective mode, ready to jump onto the new girl if she say anything offensive. 

But it was the opposite.

 

"That's nice."

"W-What?"

Minju beams with a wink, "I like girls too." 

"Especially girls like you. Short-hair, cute, pretty, puppy-like."

 

"..."

"What the actual ?" Giselle cursed out of shocked with Ningning bursting into a huge fits of laughter. 

 

Meanwhile, Winter was a blushing mess at the unexpected confession from the pretty new girl who continues to stare at her cheekily.

 

//

"Hi cutie."

Winter jolts up at a sudden hand on her shoulder as she packs her bag up. She looks beside her and sees Minju smiling at her brightly. 

"Oops, did I scare you?" 

Winter blinks, "Y-Yeah... Do you have something you need from me?"

"Are you heading back home?"

"I'm going to wait for Giselle unnie." 

"Wait for her?" 

"Yeah, she's walking me home."

 

Minju tilts her head, "You are dating her?"

"What?" Winter widen her eyes and immediately shook her head, "No! Of course not. She's just... protecting me?"

The latter furrowed her brows, "Protect you...? From...what?"

"Erm..." Winter scratched her head, not knowing what to say. 

"From bullies."

 

Ningning chirps in from behind, putting her arm around Winter to pull her in for a side hug with a scowl on her face, "This girl is too soft to fight back for herself and those bullies act like its still the 19th century and that its a grave sin to be a lesbian." 

Winter rolled her eyes, "I am not soft! I just ignore them because I don't want them to know that they get under my sleeve. They are obviously just seeking some reaction from me and I am not going to let them have it."

"Yeah yeah, you can't even hurt a fly."

"Shut up, they are different things. Just go for your club activities already. You're annoying!"

 

Ningning slaps her on the arm, "You're so ungrateful. I will go after I walk you to Giselle unnie's class okay. Don't need to be so eager to chase me away!" 

"Well... I can walk her." Minju offers.

"You don't have to." Winter was quick to reject.

"Why?" 

"I mean. You shouldnt' hang out with me. You may get outcasted too."

 

Minju rolled her eyes, "Do I look like I care?"

She walks forward and takes Minjeong's bag, swinging it over her shoulders, "Come on, I will walk you there and save you from your annoying bestfriend." 

"Hey!" Ningning pouts, "I am not annoying! You don't even know me."

"If Minjeong says you are annoying, then you are annoying." Minju grins, teasing the Chinese.

"Damn..." Ningning snorted, "You are down bad for my bestie aren't you?" 

"You could say that."

"You've got to earn my trust first before you get to date Minjeong."

"And does walking her to Giselle sunbae's class safely does it?"

"Maybe."

"Don't worry, I will make sure no one touches one strand of her hair."

"Including you?"

"That might be difficult. I mean have you seen her? She's so cute. I might just ruffle her hair or something you know?"

"Well okay, I will let that be an exce   "

 

Minjeong blushes at their words, "Guys! I'm still here!"

Both of them finally stopped and giggles when they saw how red the short-haired became.

 

//

The walk to Giselle's class was pretty awkward and Winter doesn't know what to say other than to keep her head low, especially when she hears whispers around them. They are definitely not nice words.

Before the negativity swollows her up, Winter feels a hand touching her back. 

 

"Don't hunch your back. Stand straight and be proud of who you are," Minju whispers.

 

Winter looks up in surprise at her words. The new girl turns and smiled at her, "You didn't choose to like girls. They choose to bully you. They are the one at fault. You did not do anything wrong okay?" 

"I don't know what happened. But now that I'm here, I won't let those bullies touch you. You will have another additional member under the Kim Minjeong protection squad." Minju chuckles, "You will accept me in right?"

Winter halted her steps, "Why are you doing this? We literally just met today." 

The pink-haired shrugged.

 

"I told you. I like you." 

"But you just saw me today!" 

Minju quriked a brow, "I noticed you since I entered the classroom. And don't you know that the time needed for someone to fall in love at first sight is just 8.2 seconds?" 

"That's a myth."

"That's a research study. You're such an anti-romantic." 

Winter huffs, "You're annoying.

Minju snorted at the weak comeback and watches in amusement as the shorter strides forward, to grab her bag, "I can take my own bag. You don't have to carry it for me."

"I know you can," Minju says and tighten her grip on the bag's strape, not allowing Winter to take it away from her, "But I want to carry it for you."

After a few seconds of struggle, Winter gives up at Minju's stubborness and could only pout, "You're annoying." 

 

"Maybe," Minju laughs and catches up with Winter who suddenly speed walked. She wanted to grab the short-haired hand to stop her from walking so fast but she remembered her promise to Ningning.  

"Hey, wait. Slow down before you trip!"

"I won't! I'm not a kid! I don't need a babysit   oww!" 

Minju widen her eyes as Winter crashed into a tall figure.

She quicken her steps, "Winter! I told you to slow down!" When she meets her, Minju attempted to pull Winter towards her but the stranger who Winter bumped into, slaps her hand away before she could reach the latter's wrist. 

 

"What the hell?" Minju furrowed her brow and stares up at the wine-haired girl, scowling at her as if she was the one who crashed into her. 

"J-Jimin?"

The stranger finally tears her gaze away from Minju and the new girl noticed how the scowl totally melted into a soft look. 

 

"Minjeong."

 

Minjeong?

Sensing a weird tension between the two, Minju decides to just keep shut and see how things would unfold. But she was ready to grab Winter and run if the Jimin girl tries to do anything. 

 

"Are you okay?" 

Winter nodded and Minju could feel how uncomfortable the girl is. The Jimin girl also look equally uncomfortable, Minju noticed. Yet, at the same time, there was this longing gaze and it felt like she wanted to talk to Winter. 

 

"C-Can we ta      "

"   Karina!"

 

A sudden rough voice calls out from behind.

 

Poking her head over the taller's shoulder, Minju saw the popular gang that were asking her to have lunch with them walking towards them. When they reached beside Karina, Jeno wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

 

"Hey baby, there you are." He says, aiming a greasy smile at Karina who was trying hard to maintain a pokerface while keeping her eyes on Winter. 

"Are you ready for our date?" 

It was now clear that the stranger is part of the mean clique that bullied Winter.

 

Is that why Winter is so uncomfortable with her?

 

"Oh the dyke is here too?"

Alerted, Minju immediately grabs Winter and pulls her behind her in protective stance. 

 

"Now you have the new girl as your third bodyguard? Sheesh, you're something huh?" Yeji quirked a brow and tilted her head to the side, "Are you the same kind as her too?"

Minju felt a surge of anger rising up in her. She was about to fight back but Winter pulled her back by her sleeves.

Winter shakes her head, looking like all she wanted to do was just to leave. Bottling up her irritation for the sake of Winter, Minju takes the short-haired hands and pulled her away from the toxic crowd. She tries to look at Winter but the girl only chose to keep her head on the ground. 

After a turn in the senior hallway, they met a worried looking Giselle who seemed to have ran out of her class.

 

"Winter! Jimin she..." Giselle paused, when she saw the crestfallen look on Winter's expression. She sighed, "You saw her didn't you?" 

Wordlessly, Winter nodded and the tears that she had been holding back, flows out, surprising Minju. Giselle instantly latched onto Winter and pulls her in for a hug, caressing her back. 

"She's with...him?"

"I'm so sorry, Win." Giselle mutters, "I...I don't know what has gotten into her suddenly..."

"W..Why him?"

 

Minju still carrying Winter's bag, stares, trying to make sense of everything.

And it clicked.

The weird tension and the longing stares. 

 

//

"You know you guys can just go home? I'll be fine." Winter groaned, annoyed at how her friends or protection squad insisted to staying over her place.

 

It was fine the first night after seeing Jeno and Karina together but the three girls have been staying there for a week straight now.

She's grateful for them.

But she also wanted some alone time. 

 

"That's out of the question," Ningning dismissed her.

"Yeah, that's an absolute no, Winty,"

"Winty???" Winter scrunched her nose in disgust, "What kind of nickname is that?"

Minju pouts, "What's wrong with the nickname I created for you? It's cute! Right Giselle?"

 

The senior just shrugged her shoulders, not wanting to be involved and only focused on preparing dinner for them.

 

"Are your parents okay with you sleeping over so many nights though?" Ningning questioned Minju, "Didn't you say they are pretty protective of you?"

"They went back to the US last night." 

"Oh? So you are alone now?" 

Minju nodded, "Yeah, I'm free to do anything I want as long as I keep them updated I guess." 

"That's so good. Means that you don't have to face a naggy mom everyday." 
 

Winter laughs and slap her bestfriend's arm, "I'm gonna tell your mom that you bad mouthed her."

"Oh don't be a traitor!" Ningning rolled her eyes, reaching out to a pillow to swing it towards Winter. 

"Did you just hit me?!" 

"Yes, what you gonna do about it?"

"You brat! Come here!"

"Okay, stop fighting you two." Giselle groaned, "We ran out of rice cakes and gochujang for teokkbokki. Someone please go get it!"

 

Ningning immediately stick her down the couch with a look of determination, "I'm staying. I'm beat from my training." 

"Your training?" Minju sneered, "Aren't you in the music club? You guys do physical trainings too?"

"Hey! Are you looking down at my club?" Ningning placed her hands to her chest, offended, That's rich coming from someone who isn't accepted in any."

"It's not like I'm not accepted! It's more of I rejected all of them!" The pink-haired fires back, "Didn't you see them rushing to me and giving me their flyers?!" 

 

Sick of their banters, Winter slams her hands on the coffee table before jumping in between the two idiots who can't seem to stop their silly fights.

"Ugh, you two are causing me to have migraines!" Winter huffs, "I will go to the mart to get some peace."

"I'll go with you!" Minju quickly offers.

Before Winter could reject, Giselle pokes her head out of the kitchen and begs, "Yeah, Winter please take one of them with you. I don't have the confidence to deal with them without you." 

The pink-haired tossed her a playful smile, "Let's go, Winty." 

"You better behave."

"Yes, mam."

"Yay!!! Get me some pringles too!" Ningning shouted before they left the house.

 

Minju snickered at the demand and shook her head, "How did you even deal with her?"

"Trust me, I don't even know." Winter laughs.

"She is a pain in the ."

"Hm," Winter agree, "But I wouldn't change her for anything." 

 

While it is true that Ningning could be handful sometimes with all her pranks and bluntness, she is also the one who stuck by Winter since the beginning when she was in a foriegn place. Ningning is a loyal friend that Winter wouldn't exchange anyone else for. Even if she have to put herself through the endless teases and jokes, Ningning is still her bestfriend. 

"That must be nice," Minju sighs, feeling envious about the strong friendship, "I wish I have a friendship like you guys. It's nice to see." 

Winter slowed down her steps, and look at the latter in confusion, "You don't have one? Someone that you know you can rely on no matter what happens?" 

Minju shakes her head, "I'm always moving around because of my dad's business. Before I could even know some one better, I would have to relocate myself. So honestly, I have given up making new relationships and friendships." 

"But," The pink-haired paused, "I've decided..."

"I've decided on you." 

"On me?"

"Hmm. I'm gonna make the effort to know you better."

 

Winter frowns, feeling uncomfortable at yet another subtle confession.

"Minju-ya... I'm afraid I can't return your feelings..."

"I know," The pink-haired shrugs, "Its true that I'm attracted to you. But I rather keep you as a friend than a total stranger."

"Don't worry, I will just be there as a friend like how Ningning and Giselle unnie is. I won't do anything until you are ready to let me in," Minju reassures her, "You don't have to do anything to return my feelings. I will deal with it myself so don't stress over it too much."

At Minju's words, Winter relaxes a little and nodded. 

 

"Thank you," 

"Now let's hurry before Giselle unnie screams at us. Not gonna lie, she kind of scares me." 

"I think she hates me." 

"Why would you think of that?"

Minju arches a brow, "Didn't you see the glares she gives me whenever I get too close to you? She even warned or her words, adviced me to drop any feelings I have for you because you're made for her bestfriend."

"W-Wha   "

 

buzz

Their attention drops down to Winter' phone that was clutched in her hands.

Winter's breathe hitched when Karina's contact name flashed across the bright screen. 

 

"Who is it?" Minju scoots closer and swing an arm around Winter, "Is it Giselle unnie or that annoying brat callin   "

"   Get away from her." 

A voice behind them hisses lowly and the next thing Minju felt was a twist on her arm.

 

"Ow!!! What the hell!"

"Jimin!" 

Winter panics at the sudden appearance of her ex-girlfriend. She quickly hit Karina's arm, "Let her go! You're hurting her!" 

The wine-haired gritted her teeth, annoyed at how Winter was taking Minju's side. But she listens and pushes Minju away from Winter, releasing her grip. Minju stumbled towards a nearby pillar while the short-haired quickly went to her and apologised on behalf of Karina.

 

"What's with your deal!" Minju flares, facing Karina head on. 

"That should be my words," Karina clenched her fist, "What's with your deal?"

"Why... Why did you two walked out...of Minjeong's house alone at night?" 

"Why does that matter to you?" Minju scoffed, folding her arms against her chest glaring up at the taller woman, "Who are you even?" 

 

"Me? I'm Kim Minjeong's girl   " Her words dies down in when she noticed a few humans walking past them, suddenly growing conscious again. 

 

She should have expected it. 

Karina would never admit it in public that she is her (ex)girlfriend.

But why does it still hurt?

 

Masking her disappointment, she tucks onto Minju's sleeves, "C-Come on Minju, let's just go." 

"W-Wait...!" Karina stops her, "M-Minjeong ah... let's just talk. Please."

"There's nothing to talk about, Karina. Please just go."

"Minjeong-ah... you...are you really dating her?"

"What are you talki    why am I even explaining... Just go, Karina."

 

Winter sighs and pushes past the older woman to walk away. Karina wanted to chase after her but of course, Kim Minju have to stop her. 

 

"She said there's nothing to talk about, so stop bothering her." 

Karina barks, "What do you know? You don't even know anything!"

"Maybe I don't." Minju steps closer and stared at Karina in all seriousness, "But I do know for sure that Winter deserves someone who is willing and brave enough to hold her hand in the public and to declare to the world that she is her girlfriend." 

"and you think you can be that someone?" Karina challenged, "Dream on. Her heart still belongs to me. She still love me. You don't stand a chance against me, new girl."

 

Minju burst out in laughter at Karina's threat.

"First, I'm not new girl. I am Kim Minju. Second, yes. I do like Winter and I have the intention to pursue her if she allows me to. Third. It is true that you still have her heart now. But you're also a coward."

"I believe, with time, I can win her over. Why?" Minju smiles daunting, "Because nothing will hold me back from telling the world that Winter is my girlfriend and I will never ever let her hand go in public. I will show her off to my friends, my family and everyone and I will make her happy."

 

The thought of Winter being happy with Minju, holding Minju's hands, just the sight of them together irks Karina. If she was annoyed earlier seeing them coming out of Winter's house and Minju all snuggled up into Winter's space, she is now mad mad at Minju's words. 

Not only she is mad at how obnoxious the new girl is.

She is even more pissed at how she can't refute them because...

 

"While you?" 

"You can continue to play Miss Perfect, Karina." 

 

Minju is just slapping the facts and truth into her face. 

 

She is indeed a coward who tries to play Miss Perfect

It was her fault that Winter slipped away once. 

 

But... she is not going to make the same mistake twice. 

 

Baby... Minjeong-ah.

I'm sorry for everything.

I will make everything right and come to you.

I promise.

Please wait for me

 


Author's note:

Okay... not sure if anyone is still reading this but sorry for the delayed update! 

I was running out of ideas of how to continue and end this story hehe...