Promises

The Extend of Love

It was never her intention to be the center of attention or to make stupid men crowd around her wherever she go. She tried her very best to stay quiet, lay low, and be as invisible as possible. But it seemed to be impossible for people to leave her alone, especially with her striking visuals.

Winter doesn't know if she should cry or thank her parents' genes because while she is glad that she's indeed good-looking, it is also one of the reasons why this is the 2nd school she had transferred to in her 1st year of high school. 

 

Jealousy from girls when their crushes confessed to Winter. 

Hatred from annoying guys when their egoistic asses were turned down. 

Bullying when they found out the truth behind Winter's rejections. 

 

And it all started because of stupid men who thought that it would be a romantic idea to confess in public. 

 

"Winter Kim, I like you." 

 

The said girl winced when the crowd of students cheered for the guy whom Winter recognized as the captain of the basketball team. Fumbling at the ends of her uniform sleeves, Winter nervously looks at the bouquet of flowers stretched out to her, waiting for her to accept it. 

 

It has just been almost 2 years since she transferred to Nevies High and she managed to not get noticed that much, avoiding everyone at all costs and only keeping two to three friends by her side.  All she wanted was to just finish and graduate high school peacefully without any drama and it was all going well. 

Yet, everything went downhill when she bumped into Jaehyun and since then, the basketball captain has been asking around for her. 

 

With Jaehyun's influence and popularity in the school, it only took him less than a week to find out Winter's identity, and here is he, showing up randomly while she just wanted to get her lunch and confessing to her in the cafeteria with hundred pair of eyes looking at them. 

 

Winter could already feel anxiety bubbling in her stomach, making her feel nauseous. 

 

"Will you go out with me?" 

 

Ningning gasped beside her, nudging her to hurry accept the senior's gift, not noticing how Winter was trembling slightly at the sudden confrontation. 

 

"Yah... what are you doing? Are you not going to accept it?" 

She heard the red-haired beside her whisper, snapping her out of her little anxiety bubble. The short-haired gulped, being conscious about the pairs of eyes that were laid on her. 

 

"I...I..." She stuttered, hands noticeably shivering as her eyes darted around, peering at her bestfriend for help to get out of this awkward situation. Ningning then furrowed her brows when she finally noticed how pale her friend looked. 

 

"Are you okay? 

"Ning...Please get m   "

 

"   Say yes...!" 

 

It didn't help that the crowd thought that Winter was just being shy and started chanting. Jaehyun aimed a handsome smile towards the younger and continued to hold the flowers out. Confidence oozed out of the basketball captain as the crowd cheered him on. It was as if he was 102% sure that Winter would accept his confession. 

 

"So... what is your answer? My arms are getting a little sore, Winter." Jaehyun joked, taking a step closer to the woman who immediately took a step back much to the surprise of the captain. 

 

"I-I'm sorry, Jaehyun sunbae." 

The junior swallowed down her anxiety as she muttered under her breath softly, but loud enough for the crowd to go into dead awkward silence. She felt bad when she saw how the confidence on Jaehyun's face fade away and how his usual cheeky smile was wiped off. 

 

"I... You're rejecting me?" Jaehyun cocked a brow in disbelief, dropping his arms beside his body along with the flowers, "Why?"

 

Why? 

Why can't I just reject you without any reason? Ugh.

 

"I...I just..." 

While the shorter was racking her brain to think of a good reason for her rejection, her eyes caught a familiar wine-haired beauty standing together with the crowd.

The woman stood there holding a firm gaze against her, sending shivers down Winter's spine. Her gaze then went down to the phone that the woman was typing before she turned her heels and walked away from the scene. 

 

 

Rooftop.

5 minutes. 

 

.

Winter's blood ran cold when she saw the two message notifications popping up from her dimly lighted screen.

 

"L-Look, sunbae. I really appreciate this but I'm sorry... I'm not currently seeking a relationship right now." 

"But..." 

"I'm really sorry." 

 

Winter pressed her lips into an apologetic smile before running away from the scene, ignoring Ningning's desperate calls.

 

//

 

Adrenaline coursed through her veins as she burst through the usually closed door that leads to the quietly abandoned rooftop. Frantic pair of eyes darted around the empty rooftop trying to spot the girl she wanted to see but there was not a single soul around. 

 

"Where is she?" Winter huffs, taking in a deep breath to calm her erratic chest after the sprint she just made. 

However, before she could take in another breath, a sudden strong force grabs her from the side and slams her against the nearest wall. 

 

There she is.

 

Karina Yu. The school's queen-bee, school president, and captain of the swimming club. 

The perfect student. 

Her secret girlfriend. 

The reason why she rejected Jaehyun.

 

Winter's breath hitched as the woman leveled her pair of attractive hazel orbs at her, staring at her intently as if she wanted to look through her soul. 

The hold on her wrist burned and it was enough to tell Winter that her girlfriend was upset with what she just seen 5 minutes earlier. 

 

"J-Jagiya." 

"Jaehyun huh?" The woman's sharp tone pierced through the short-haired's chest, "He's good-looking, isn't he? Everyone goes crazy for him."

"No..." Winter shakes her head immediately and catches the taller's hand, "Jimin you know I only love you and I don't even swing that way."

 

Bringing the older's hand up, Winter places a soft kiss at the back of her hand and assured the latter.

"I'm yours, baby." 

 

It was the action that Winter knew would calm her secret lover down. Karina could never stay mad at her for long. True enough, a minute passed and Winter could see that her Karina was less tense. 

 

Taking off her hand from the blonde's grip, the older wrapped her arm around Winter's waist before pulling her towards her harshly to mold their bodies together and lean down to capture Winter's lips. Though surprised, Winter welcomed the show of possessiveness and snakes her arms around Karina's neck to bring them closer than before. 

 

"This is bad." 

"What?" 

"You. Being this beautiful." Karina sighs, allowing Winter to pull away slightly to catch her breath, "I hate seeing how people are starting to notice you."

"First Haechan, then Jaemin, and now Jaehyun?"

"You're mine, Jagi. Don't forget that." 

 

Though Winter hates the idea of men coming up to her and confessing to her like that, she's starting to think that it wouldn't be that bad for it to happen once in a while. Especially if she could witness the jealous and possessive side of her secret girlfriend who would never fail to stab a knife in her heart when Karina ignores her existence whenever they cross paths in school.

 

Winter was slowly tired of having to hide their relationship but she knew better than to come out of the closet. Not when she had already experienced the nightmare once. She doesn't even want to think about what would happen if anyone in Naevis were to find out. 

 

She probably has to run to another city again. 

 

However, more importantly, Winter doesn't want to Karina to go through the same pain as her. No way is she going to let those close minded people hurt her girlfriend. If secretly meeting up with Karina and being igored by the older is the only way to protect Karina and protect what they have, then so be it. 

 

"Do you hear me, Minjeong?" 

"Huh?" Winter blinks and panics when see how Karina's eyes narrowed sharply at her, "I...Yes of course, I won't forget that."

"Good." 

 

Finally, Karina breaks into the million-watt smile that Winter fell inlove with at first sight. The same smile when she first transferred to the Naevis. The smile that Winter wished was only for her. But unfortunately, Karina has a image and status to uphold. 

 

Always being friendly with other people and showing them Winter's favourite kind of smile. Call her a jealous freak but Winter always felt a bitter taste in whenever she sees her girlfriend laughing and being all touchy with other students. God knows how much she just want to storm towards them and scream and the people who laid their hands on her girl. 
 

However sad to say, Karina wasn't hers.

At least not in the eyes of other people.

 

"Why are you staring at me like that?" 

"Like what?"

"Like...you're sad." 

 

Karina has always been very sensitive to Winter's changing emotions and while that was one characteristic that made Winter fall for the older, it's also difficult for Winter to hide her feelings. She doesn't want to worry her secret lover but Karina has her wrapped around her fingers. It amazes the blonde how Karina always seemed to know what she is feeling even without her saying anything. 

 

"It's nothing." Winter tried to smile it off but the older knew how fake it was. 

"You have to tell me, I can't read your mind baby." 

"It's just...the same thing you know."

 

At that, Karina's expression fell and the younger felt bad for bringing up the same topic over again. 

 

"I'm sorry, I know we have already talked about it." Winter apologized, "It just as much as you dislike seeing some guy confessing to me, I hate to see Jeno sunbae and you together too." 

 

Lee Jeno. 

The male version of Karina. 

The perfect model students that everyone looks up to - the captain of the soccer team and the school's vice-president

Everyone on the campus cheers for Jeno's courtship of Karina.

They were the ideal couple.

 

Karina paused and tucked a fallen strand of hair behind Winter's ears before caressing her white mochi cheeks.

 

"I already told you that nothing is going between us right?"

"Unnie, you don't have to hide it." Winter sighs, "I know you went on a date with him last week."

"What?" Karina's eyes were blown wide open, "H-How?"

 

The younger tries to hide her disappointment. The least Karina could do was to be truthful about it. It wouldn't hurt that much if Karina had warned her before. Hearing it from Ningning the next day surely made her heart bleed to death. 

 

"Why are you so shocked?" Winter chuckled bitterly, "Everyone's eyes are on you and Jeno sunbae."

"Jagi... I just.."

"I understand." Winter interrupted, "It's just to ensure that no one finds out about us."

 

"My friends were already suspicious of why I'm always lurking around the juniors' hallway whenever I just want to see you." Karina huffs, "The president's duty excuses are starting to not work out anymore."

"Giselle even asked me if I was dating a junior." 

 

"Still." Winter ruffled her hair, "A warning would be good. It's upsetting to find out from other people's lips that you went on a date with a guy unnie."

"Yes, baby. I'm wrong, please forgive me hm?"

At the display of the pair of puppy eyes, Winter could only give in and nodded. 

 

"Just don't do it again."

"Yes baby, what can I do to make it up to you?" 

Winter rolled her eyes, "You know what to do."

"But I want to hear it from you, princess."

"Kiss me."

 

Karina grins and then they were back in the same intimate position; Winter pinned against the wall and Karina holding her closely with their lips molded perfectly against one another. A moan slipped out of Winter when the president maneuvered away from her lips and gives her neck a light .

 

"hmm baby stop, you are going to leave a mark." Winter places her hands against her girlfriend's chest to warn her gently, knowing that Karina could easily lose control. 
 

Reluctantly, Karina pulls away and chased after her girlfriend's lips only to be rejected. She frowned deeply as if questioning Winter for her rejection.

 

"Are you coming to my house tonight?" Winter whispered against the swollen lips as they took a slight break from their intense lip-locking.

Karina then pouts, "I have training till 11 pm and my mom wants me home to talk about something so I don't think I can make it." 

 

"Oh... its been long since you spend the night with me though."

"I know, Jagi." Karina bumps their tall noses together before giggling, "I miss cuddling you to sleep too. But don't worry, I'm yours for the night once my competition ends. We can celebrate our tenth monthsary then."

"That's like another week." 

Winter pouts adorably and the older couldn't help to surge forward to claim the pouty lips again to appease the younger. 

 

"Please be patient for me hm baby? I will try to make time for you and we can meet here during our breaks and spend time together." 

Winter narrowed her eyes at her girlfriend, "Is this the reason why you suddenly impose the rule of limiting students from coming to the rooftop?"

The school president throws her head back and laughs.

 

"Yes, baby. I did this for us. I need to recharge in between classes you know? You have no idea how much I want to kiss you and run my hands down your skin whenever I see you walking past me."

"You look too good in our uniform."

"Geez you ert." 

"Shut up, I know you feel the same way."

 

//

 

"Where have you been?" Winter shrugged her shoulders, taking a seat beside her bestfriend, "I was looking for you the entire break!"

 

"I needed...to be alone for some time. Sorry." 

 

"Why did you reject Jaehyun sunbae?" Winter groans at the question that her bestfriend threw her, "and is it just me or you look like you just saw a ghost when he approached you?"

"I...I just don't like him." 

"You're weird," Ningning laughs, "All girls like him."

"Well leave me out of the list." 

"But he's good-looking right?"
 

Winter wasn't blind. 
 

Of course she knew that Jaehyun was handsome. But what could she do if her heart only beats for a woman who is 1 year older than her, with beautiful wine-coloured hair and a beauty mark beside her lips? 

Bring her the most attractive man and Winter would still never hesitate to choose her girlfriend. 

 

"Yeah he is but I guess he's just not my type?"

"But he's everyone type!"

"Ning." Winter throws the shorter a look for her to drop the subject, causing Ningning to puff her cheeks out. 
 

"Ah, I know," 

"Know what?" Winter questioned lazily, taking out her notebook to prepare for class. 

"I know why you don't like Jaehyun sunbae." Ningning suddenly grabs her hands and looks into her eyes.

 

"You."

"You don't like guys, am I right?" 
 

At that moment, Winter felt her heart stop and literally felt her soul left her body. Blood stopped flowing and she froze up in her chair. Her lips parted open. 
 

She wanted to deny it but her words never had the strength to leave her damn lips. 
 

I'm doomed.

Winter thought as she slowly felt her breath getting shorter as seconds pass by. 

 

"I'm just joking." Ningning doubled in waves of laughter and releases her stunned bestfriend's hand. She holds her stomach as her loud laughter rang in the classroom. 
 

"Oh my god, Winter. Your face is epic." The red-haired giggled, "Of course you are straight!"

 

No, I'm not.

 

"Jaehyun sunbae is probably too popular for you right? You prefer someone more lowkey...?"

 

Upon realising that Ningning was just being her weird self, Winter heaved a sigh of relief and composed herself before nodding and flashed an awkward smile. 

 

"Yeah...someone less popular... I guess."

 

Not true too because her girlfriend is literally the school's belle.

 

"I knew it. See I know my bestie so well!"

"Right..." 

 

Winter chewed on her lower lips as her bestfriend seem to drop the topic. However, now that Ningning had opened the topic, Winter couldn't help but be curious. 


"Ning-ah."

"hm?"

"I'm asking because I'm curious." 

"yeah?"

 

Winter hesitated.

 

"What is it? Prof is about to start the lesson." 

"Hmm... what are your thoughts about you know like what if I told you that I'm not straight?"

Ningning quirked a brow, "Like you mean gay, lesbia    "

"   Aren't you being too loud?" 

 

Winter immediately hushed the younger girl who scoffed at the short-haired defensive reaction.

 

"Why? Are you homophobic or something?"

"What?" 

 

Me? Homophobic?

 

"No, I'm not? It's just that we don't know if our classmates are comfortable with this topic."


Ningning cast her an unreadable look then sighs. 
 

"I'm fine with it." 

The chinese girl shrugged her shoulders.

 

"Love is love. So..." Ningning lowers her voice and said in all seriousness.

"If you ever tell me that you in love with a girl, I will still love you the same as you are." 

And Winter felt assured knowing that her bestfriend will be still by her side if everything goes wrong.

 

//

 

Winter dreaded going to school the next day. Knowing very well that her name will definitely be uttered everywhere she goes. One thing she hated the most was having her name being the center of gossip and having to endure all the curious stares. 

Tightening her hold of the bag strap, Winter braced herself up as she took her first step into the school compound.

 

"Hey isn't that the girl who rejected Jaehyun oppa?" 

From her peripheral vision, she could clearly see two young women pointing fingers at her as she walked past them with her head held low. 

 

"Why does Jaehyun oppa like someone like her? Can't believe she rejected him."

"If I was her I would have already cried like an ugly toad and accept him in a heartbeat."

"Geez, I'm so jealous of her."

 

Great... Just great... Barely 5 minutes into school and I am already regretting coming. 


Feeling conscious and uncomfortable with all the gossipings, Winter quicken her steps, taking larger steps to reach her classroom and seek comfort from her bestfriend when she bumps into someone. 

 

"I'm sorry!" an apology left her lips immediately, even before she could look up to see who she just crashed into. 

 

"Ahh!! What the hell? My coffee!!!" A high-pitched voice screamed infront of her. Winter instantly lifted her head up and gulped when she saw Hwang Yeji shooting daggers at her with her coffee all spilled on the floor.

 

Yeji groans, lunging forward to grab Winter by her collar. 

"You , don't you have eyes when you walk? You did this on purpose didn't you!"

 

Winter trembled in fear and blinked profusely.

 

"I-I'm sorry Yeji sunbae! It wasn't on purpose!"

 

"Let go of her, Yeji."

The familar husky deep voice was enough for Winter to snap her head to the side to see Karina infront of them, holding Yeji's wrist. 

 

"Ahh Rina!" Yeji whined and released her grip on Winter's collar, "This made me spill the coffee you bought for me all over the floor!"

"I can just buy you another one. You don't have to make a fuss out of everything." Karina sighs and tried to sent secretive glances at the blond-haired as if to apologise for her friend's action. 

 

Ah right.

Yeji and Karina are friends. 

The popular crew.

Although she have never directly interacted with the bunch of popular kids, Winter heard enough from Ningning to know that they aren't exactly the best people to hangout with. According to her bestfriends, they were egoistic, rude and close-minded. And she also knew from Karina first-hand that they are homophobic. 

Which is one of the reasons why Karina was adamant to hide their relationship under the rug. In fear for getting caught and losing her popularity. 

Winter had tried to reason out with her girlfriend to not hang out too much around them but Karina wouldn't listen and Winter soon gave up since it would always lead them into an argument. 

 

"Ohhh isn't this Winter Kim?" Lia spoke up in amusement, "I like your guts. It's not everyday that we could witness Jaehyun being rejected."

The junior nibbled on her lower lips and peered at the girl before lowering her head once again. She could hear the crew snickering. 

 

"Though I don't really know what he sees in you," Ryujin added on, which made her crew burst into laughter. 

 

"Stop it, guys. That isn't very nice."

 

Surprised, Winter looked up and see her girlfriend with her brows furrowed and hands clenched into a fist on her side. 

 

Is she standing up for me?

 

Ryujin cocked a brow and glanced at Winter then back to Karina, "Are you defending her right now. Rina?" 

"W-What?" Flustered, Karina gulped and runs her hand in her locks, avoiding her friends' stare then peered at the junior who was anticipating her response. 

 

"No... I mean it isn't nice to do that to anyone." 

"Geez, you are no fun. We are just teasing her." Yeji rolled her eyes then took a step forward to aim a cynical smile, "Hm... Winter Kim. I will remember you."

 

For some reason, Winter felt chills all over her body in a bad way when Yeji stared at her then walked away with the other girls. 

Karina kept her eyes on the younger and wanted to reach out to hug her girlfriend. But with the number of eyes staring at them, Karina held herself back. 

 

"Rina! Are you not coming with us?" Her friends shouted and Karina glanced back at them before nodding.

 

"I'll text you." Karina whispered quickly and Winter could only see her girlfriend's back as she catch up with them until they disappeared after making a turn. The short-haired cursed internally at how bad her day started off. 

 

While she continues her way back to her class, her phone vibrated and lit up with a new message from none other than the school's president. 

 

Baby, are you okay? 

Please ignore whatever they say... and just wear airpods today people aren't going to stop talking about you.

I left a bottle of tomato juice in your locker. Hope that it will make you feel better, baby.

See you, I love you.

 

"All I need is just you. But I can't even have you right now." Winter mutters under her breath. 

 

Feeling upset, Winter switched off her phone and decided not to reply to her girlfriend's texts for now. 

 

//

 

A week had passed and the whole Jaehyun confession and Winter turning him down had become old news. While the gossiping had lessened significantly, Winter was still conscious about the occasional looks and glances she gets when she walks around the campus.

But nonetheless, it was getting better. 

Winter thinks she could handle it. 

It's nothing as compared to the bullying she went through. She could endure this much of talkings. 

 

"Winter? Hey, back to earth!" At a snap of a finger, Winter was pulled out of her trance. 

"Huh what?" 

 

Ningning shifts closer to her as she sips on her banana milk and bobbed her head behind her shoulder, "Don't look behind... but is it just my eyes playing trick on me or... is Karina sunbae staring at you for a good ten minutes already?" 

Despite her bestfriend's warning, Winter took a quick glance behind her and saw Karina with her group of friends sitting in the middle of the cafeteria with students crowding around them. Though girls were asking her what her skin routine is and guys trying to shoot their shots with her, all Karina was focusing on was Winter.

 

Their eyes met for a brief second and Winter could see the sadness looming over her girlfriend's orbs. 

 

"I told you not to look!" Ningning's loud voice made her take her eyes away from Karina.

"Why is she staring at you like this?" 

Shrugging, Winter tried to dismiss the idea and shaked her head.

 

"She's not staring at me. You're just thinking too much, Ning."

"Hm... you are not hiding anything from me right? 

"W-What?" Winter stammered and laughed awkwardly, "Of course not. What could I possibly hide from you?"

 

Ningning brings her body forward and pursed her lips.

"Yesterday after our last class. I saw Karina sunbae lurking outside our class and when she saw me, she asked me if I've seen you around."

"She what?" 

"I didn't know you were close with her."

"W-We aren't." Winter lies.

 

Obviously the younger was not buying into her lies and narrowed her eyes sharply at the short-haired giving her a 'you got to do more to convince me' look and Winter could only give up.

 

"I guess we kind of know each other?" 

"I knew it!" Ningning snickered, "With all of the starings she had been giving you for the past week it would be creepy if you guys do not know each other." 

"So what's going on between you two?"

"Nothing. It just... some misunderstanding."

 

Noticing how uncomfortable her bestfriend was, Ningning decided to drop the subject for now to give the older some space.

 

"Fine... If you ever want to share it, just know that I'm here to hear you out." 

Winter flashes a small grateful smile at the latter and nodded, "Thanks, Ning." 

 

"C'mon, let's just go back to class." 

"I'll just head to the restroom first. You go ahead I will catch up with you." 

"Okay." 

 

The pair splited ways and Winter made her way to the restroom when she was stopped by a senior. She recognised her as one of Karina's friend from Japan. 

 

"Hey, Winter right?" 

"Yes, Giselle sunbae." She replied in respect giving the older woman a slight bow. 

"Its our first time talking and I hate that this is the first thing that I have to tell you but please don't hurt Jimin."

 

Confusion was etched on Winter's expression. Giselle sighs and pulls the younger girl into the empty restroom and folded her arms against her chest. 

 

"I know what's happening between you two."

 

Cold sweats start breaking out and Winter felt air knocking out of her breath. Her eyes darted at everywhere except on the senior and she wasn't prepared for anything like that. 

 

How did Giselle even know about it? 

What is she going to about it?

Is she going to expose them?

She won't right?

She is Jimin's friend and from what Winter recall, Giselle is quite unlike the other popular kids. 

But if Giselle knows about them, is there someone else who knows about their secret too?

 

"Hey, Winter. Are you okay? Winter?" 

Hands were grabbed her shoulders and a worried voice pulled her out of her negative thoughts. 

 

"Breathe." 

Winter didn't realised that she was holding on to her breath till the older woman had pointed it out. It was another mini panic attack and she felt like a wve of emotions hitting her like a truck all of a sudden. Feeling her legs losing its strength, Winter leans against the sink to support her weight to regain her composure. While she was busy recovering from her attacks, the door burst opened with a distressed Karina running towards her.

 

"Baby? What happened?" 

The younger allowed her girlfriend to engulf her in a very much needed hug and as she inhaled Karina's comforting scent, Winter's breaths start to stablise again. 

 

"It's okay now. I'm here..." 

She felt save and protected in her girlfriend's arms and she snuggled against Karina's neck while hearing the latter hissing at her bestfriend.

 

"What the hell, Aeri? I told you to ask her to meet me at the rooftop not to scare her!" 

"Dude." Giselle raised her arms in surrender, "All I said was that I knew what was going on between you guys and she started hyperventilating! I was as shocked as you! That's why I texted you right after!" 

"Ugh, just leave us alone." Karina sighs, "Please just make sure no one comes in? I can trust you with that right, Gi?"

"Yeah, don't take too long though I not sure how all I can fend off people coming into a public toilet."

 

Once they were left alone, Karina gently pulled away and place a sweet peck on her girlfriend's crown.

 

"Are you okay?" Winter nodded wordlessly. She wanted to take a step back but the older held onto her waist firmly, stopping her from moving away. 

"What happened?" 

 

"I...How did Giselle sunbae know about us? Did you tell her?" 

Karina nimbled onto her lower lips and nodded, "It was unintentional. I was crying and she wouldn't leave me alone until I told her the truth."

 

"Y-You were crying? Because of me?"

"Minjeong." Karina clenched her teeth, "You were avoiding me like plague for a whole week. Texts were unresponded and calls were went to the voicemail. Did you know how worried I was?" 

 

Guilt washed over Winter as she takes in the sight of her frustrated girlfriend. Fixing her eyes on the ground, Winter mumbles and quiet apology and awaits for her girlfriend to lash out at her. 

 

"Why did you shut me out?"

"I...I just needed some time to think." 

"About what?"

"I don't know..."

 

"Minjeong. You can't just avoid me for a week then say you don't know anything..."

"I..I just felt overwhelmed by everything and I wasn't in my best condition. I didn't want to pull you down along with me. It's something that I have to overcome myself."

 

Karina's brows were knitted in a straight line. 

 

"Why would you think that why, Jagi? I'm here for you. I want to be there for you."

 

But you can't.

You can't hold my hands and whisper sweet nothings into my ears to block out nasty comments as I walk through the hallway. 

You can't hug me to calm me down from my anxiety attacks if I were to break down in the middle of a crowd. 

 

Winter bites her tongue before those hurtful truth could slip out of . 

 

"Baby... I miss you... Please don't shut me out ever again hm?" Karina pleaded, pulling her secret lover close to her before planting a kiss on the younger's plump lips. 

 

The older took Winter's silence as a yes and catched her hands, looking at her with honey-dripping orbs.

 

"Should we skip the rest of the classes today? I just want to rest and cuddle with you." 

"How? Don't you have training today?"

"I don't care." 

"I just want to be with you."

 

//

 

If there's one thing Winter wishes for, it would be to stay in the girlfriend's warm embrace without worrying about anything forever. 

Once they reached Winter's apartment, the couple changed out to their comfortable outfit before heading towards the younger' queen-sized bed and fell into each other's embrace, basking in the comforting silence and sharing occasional kisses to make up for their lost time.

 

"Are you feeling better?" 

Winter hums softly in response to the older's question, shutting her eyes and enjoying the way Karina plays with her short locks gently. 

 

"I'm sorry for ignoring you." The short-haired sighed, playing with the hem of Karina's neat uniform, "It was just...bad memories that I was trying to deal with." 

 

"Is it about the things that happened in your previous school?" 

 

The younger opened up to her girlfriend one night when they were having heart-to-heart talk where they shared deeper stuff and Winter told about the bullyings and the betrayals that she had to undergo when she came out of the closet. 

 

"I'm just scared that history would happen again..." 

"It won't, Minjeong-ah." Karina assures, "I promise I will protect you if it ever happens." 

"Really?" 

"Yes, baby. I will be with you."

 

The younger girl tilts her head up adorably and looked at the senior with her pair of big doe eyes that never fails to make Karina feel things. Cradling Winter's cheeks in her hands, the older woman leans in to kiss her insecure lover. 

 

"Minjeong... I'm sorry if I ever made you feel insecure. If only things were different, I would not hesitate to show the entire world that you're mine. You know that right?" Karina puff her cheeks out and interlaced their hands together. 

The younger girl nodded, "I know and it's never your fault, unnie."

"I chose to keep our relationship a secret too." 

"I-Its just the worry that eats me up sometimes." Winter sighs, "I don't know what will happen to us if someone finds out about us. I don't want to be separated from you."

 

Karina clicked her tongue and tilts her girlfriend's face to look at her in her dazzling eyes, "Please stop thinking about those and focus on me, hm?"

"If somehow we get discovered, I will never leave you alone." Karina stressed, "I will walk into the school with you, hold your hands and kiss you in front of the entire school proudly. I love you baby."

Butterflies erupted in Winter's stomach.

 

"R-Really? Aren't you scared that Yeji and the rest would turn their backs against you?"

"Screw them all." Karina rolled their eyes, "Those fake asses could be gone for all I care. All I need is you." 

"What about your parents? I know they will not approve of us and isn't Jeno sunbae close to them...? What if   "

 

The wine-haired pinched her lips together to stop Winter from talking and glared at her.

"See, you are worrying too much again."

"Let's look at the positive side. We haven't been busted yet so let's not waste our time thinking about those hm?" 

 

Knowing that the older woman was right, Winter nodded her head and snuggles closer to her lover. 

 

"I miss you so much." 

Karina sighs, slanting her body towards her lover and slowly pressing their bodies together before pressing a loving kiss on her younger's cheeks then on her lips. Winter reciprocates the exchange and allowed the older to swirl her tongue in, keen on prolonging their kiss as long as possible.

She too, missed her girlfriend a lot.

A week of the cold war was never her intention but Winter needed the space. 

 

"I'm sorry for ignoring you." The younger could not let go of the guilt eating her up as she pulls back from their soft kissing session.

Karina merely shook her head, "I told you it's okay, Jagiya. Just don't do it again hm?" 

"I promise."

"Good, now can we kiss again?" 

 

Winter realizes that it was a rhetorical question when the wine-haired hovers over her and kisses her fully on her lips, this time a little rougher and more urgent than before. Soon, Karina's hands were dragging along her sides before resting underneath her shirt. The junior shuddered at the cold hands on top of her bare skin but did nothing to stop her. Karina nips on her girlfriend's jaw then proceeds down to Winter's flawless neck, planting a few light kisses there.

 

"J-Jagiya..." 

"Hmm?"

Winter's breath hitched when she felt Karina's hands slowly kneading up to her covered chest. A warm sensation starts building up within her as Karina slips her hands below her lacy bra and squeezes her chest teasingly all the while still leaving butterfly kisses all over Winter's collarbone.

 

"W-Wait..." 

Placing her hand's ontop of Karina's shoulder, Winter gently pushes her girlfriend away slightly and gulped when Karina looked up with a pair of hooded eyes. The older waited, keeping her intense gaze on her girlfriend while the latter gulped as her body started to get worked up with the way Karina was staring at her. 

 

"Can I?" Though she wanted to do it, Karina respects Winter and she never wants to force herself onto her girlfriend. 

The younger nibbled on her lower lips before nodding slowly, "Just go slow? It's been a while since we did it."

"Yeah I know, " Karina leans in to place a sweet peck on her temple, "'m sorry for being busy, baby." 

 

It's been a little over three months since they got physical aside from occasional short make-outs before Karina had to rush off for her president and captain duties.

 

"It's okay, I understand," Winter mutters, biting back a moan when Karina moves down to nip on her spotless neck. 

 

Winter didn't know that she was craving for Karina's touches, but her body clearly missed those expert hands running down her bare skin so gently and lovingly. With her eyes shut in pleasure, the younger arches her body upward and lets her girlfriend have her way with her.

 

//

 

Waking up to over 50 spam messages from Ningning wasn't surprising but receiving over 30 missed calls from the younger was alarming.

Before she opens the content to check what her best friend is spamming her with, Winter turns around and smiles widely at the sight of Karina still stuck in her beauty sleep. 

"Ugh..." 

Winter winced when she stretched and felt an ache at the bottom. A blush immediately flushed up to her cheeks at the memory of their continued bed activities after their dinner. Looking below the blanket, the younger saw the red-purplish marks Karina had painted her whole body with.

 

Well, what a night...

Winter chuckled, her heart feeling light and happy. Those marks on her body made Winter feel good, reminding her that Karina is hers and she is Karina's. Before she could continue her stare feast at her lover, her phone vibrated once again.

 

Incoming call: Yizhuo

 

"This better be somethi--"

"Where the hell are you? Why havent you been picking up my calls and messages!" 

 

Ningning's loud voice caused her girlfriend to sitr up from her sleep. Winter aimed a sweet smile at the light sleeper as a greeting.

 

"Who is it?" Karina mouthed.

"Yizhuo." Winter whispers and once again gets enthralled with the natural beauty in front of her. just how could someone look this good when they just woke up? 

 

"Yah! Kim Minjeong!!!" Winter jolted up yet again at the Chinese's voice. 

"Wow, hold your horses. It's only 8am stop screaming in my ears. I just woke up." 

"Oh my gosh... Winter... Look at the school's Instagram page. There's some...weird rumors going around about you."

"What?"

"Please just go look at it now and call me right after." 

 

What is she blabbering about?

Winter was confused but before she could even seek further explanations, the Chinese hung up the call. 

 

"Is everything okay? Why is she screaming at my baby early in the morning?"

The short-haired shrugged and entered into the social media app, "She asked me to go into the school's Instagram account. Do you know what is it?"

"You're a student of Naevis yet you don't follow their account?" 

"Well, I don't see the need of engaging with that page filled with gossips." 

 

Karina giggles, "There's announcements posted there too you know?"

"It seems like you forget that my girlfriend is the school president." 

"Cheeky. Give me your phone, I'll help you." 

 

Passing the device to her lover, Winter played with the smooth red-locks, twirling it.

 

"Why did she suddenly as you to look at it?"

"I have no idea." Winter pursed her lips, watching closely at how the older clicked into the school's instagram profile.

"Oh they have a new post." 

 

Without much thoughts, the couple clicked into the post.

 

NEWSFLASH: THE TRUE REASON WHY WINTER REJECTED JAEHYUN. 

 

The wine-haired felt her girlfriend freeze up at the first photo's caption. All of her senses were alerted. 

 

"Let's not look at this." Karina mumbles, attempting to exit the page but her girlfriend stops her. 

 

"I-I want to see." 

"Baby..."

"Please. Its about me." 

Karina tossed the younger a worried gaze. Grabbing her girlfriend's cold hands, the president swipped  left and she immediately regretted it. 

 

WINTER KIM IS A LESBIAN? EX-SCHOOLMATE STEPPED FORWARD TO EXPLAIN.  

Student A attended the same school as Winter Kim last summer and explained that the girl was outcasted because of ual orientation and moved out of the city shortly after. Evidence and screenshots between Winter and her ex-girlfriend were given in the following posts. 

 

 

It was as if a whole bucket of cold water was splashed over her head. Her heart started thumping and Winter could hear blood passing through her ears     thump, thump, thump     chest moving up and down under the blanket. Hands trembling in Karina's and her vision became blurry when she looked at her phone screen. 

 

"H-How..."

"Baby, please. Breathe." Karina immediately shut off the phone and threw it aside. Worried, the older sat in front of her girlfriend and cradles Winter's pale cheeks. 

 

"I...I..." Words were stuck in , her head was spinning and chills traveled down her spine, "I'm...I'm doomed..."

"No... baby..." Karina hushed her gently, tugging her into a hug. Her heart breaks apart at the choked whimpers and sobs from the younger girl. 

 

She might be the smartest and brightest student in Naevis, yet at the moment, Karina felt the most useless.

 

"Shh... I'm here, Minjeongie."

"W-What do I do now...?" 

Winter lifted her head from Karina's shoulder, her eyes puffy and fear painted across her face. 

 

"I don't want to go through the same thing again... All the name callings, the harassment and pain. Jimin I really don't know... What if     "

"Minjeong..." The president furrowed her brows and grabbed Winter's shoulder seeing that the younger was losing focus.

"Breathe in and out with me, baby. You are hyperventilating."

 

No matter what Karina tried to say, it just go deaf ears to Winter who was already thinking about all of the possible negative consequences. 

 

"Minjeong! Please!!! Stop those thoughts right now!" 

Karina raises her voice to silence the scary thoughts running madly in her girlfriend's mind. While Winter was surprised for that second, Karina took the opportunity to give the short-haired a deep kiss to make her forget her worries even just for a minute.

 

"Listen to me, Minjeong."

"I don't know who did that... But I will help you find out that culprit who hurt you." Karina's expression hardens in a mix of anger and determination, "I will not sit back and allow this to happen."

"But Jimin... That's not going to solve the issue!" Winter cried, "Now the whole school knows! How am I going to go to school now? Does anyone know about us? I don't want to drag you down with me..."

 

"Jimin... I'm scared." 

Karina tightened her hold on the shorter's hands, her chest was palpitating in fear as well. But she couldn't let it be shown to her girlfriend. What Winter needs now is assurance and not more worries. 

 

"Baby. Trust me."

"I will protect you." 

 

Winter really does hope that Karina will keep her promise. 

Winter trusts her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But she should know that promises are made to be broken.



Author's notes:

are you ready for some slight angst? :)))