🌷: Deep, Confuse, and Jealous

Blank Space

 

 

 

It's been three weeks. 

Days feel like seconds and the weather is changing differently. 

Students scattered around the campus like ants. Most of them started reviewing their notes since there are long quizzes in every subject scheduled in the same day. 

Pressured? Of course, every one of them. Since they are all studying at the Top 1 University in Thailand where grades matters the most. 

 

 

 

 

 

At  Sola Cafe

 

"Oh...you've been becoming a regular here, Freen" Lux said while wiping the table.

 

"Am I? I think this cafe is my comfort zone whenever I want to chill alone." Freen answered and smiled.

 

"I see...so how's your studies? You aiming for high grades?"

 

"Well...yeah. But I don't like to pressure myself ..I mean... grades are just numbers. At the end of the day.. after you graduate it depends on how you will handle yourself in the future... Am I right P'Lux?"

 

"Yeah, definitely. I like what you said Freen. You have a point. How about someone special? Do you have anyone that's making you happy?"

 

 

The girl's cheeks turned red. Before she could answer.. Rebecca and Irin walked past her table and sat across her. 

 

 

"P'Lux can we order?" Irin said  and the older women nodded slowly walking away from Freen forgetting what she asked.

 

 

 

Rebecca then notice Freen seating in front across their table. She smiled and wink to the girl secretly making Freen nervous. 

 

 

 

"So pretty ladies what do you want to order?" P'Lux asked showing the menu.

 

 

"I think i'll have the hibiscus tea with lemon please." Irin answered.

 

"Oh good choice Irin! How about you Becca?"

 

"Hmmm.. can I have what she's drinking?" Rebecca said pointing to Freen. The other girl look away and pretended she didn't hear them and started texting her bestfriend.

 

"Freen is drinking Caramel Macchiato. Do you know her Becca?"

 

"Oh no...I just notice that she's enjoying her drink. "

 

"Okay...okay is that all ladies?"

 

The girls nodded as a yes. Rebecca can't take her eyes off the girl. Suddenly, two guys entered the cafe teasing each other and playfully punching .

 

 

"Good Morning Becky!" 

 

"Hi Girls!"

 

 

The boys greeted. Nathaniel sat beside the blonde girl. He put his arms around Rebecca making the girl feel annoyed.

 

Freen saw it,  she clench her fist imagining throwing the coffee to the guy. She stood up and fix her things. Again, she wanted to runaway as fast as she can so she walked outside not turning back. 

 

 

 

"Get off your hands Nathaniel! " Rebecca shouted making everyone at the cafe shock. Irin and Heng went silent staring at them.

 

The guy was also surprised. He then quickly remove his hand. "Geez...I'm sorry Becca...."

 

"Can you please stop it? We are not together Nathaniel."

 

"But I just wanted to be close to you."

 

 

 

"Not too close Nat..... Not this kind." Rebecca said and stood up. "Irin ...see you in class...I just want to be alone for now."

 

 

 

"Okay Becky..." Irin answered and stared at the guy rolling her eyes to Nat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

🌷

 

Flashback from Weeks ago.........

 

 

 

"Okay I heard enough from your poems, we still have one student to recite...Miss Sarocha can you please go to the front now."

 

"Y..yes Ma’am Teayi..."

 

"You are nervous..."

 

"I am Ma'am."

 

"Remember... when you recite a poem it is because it came from the deepest part of yourself that was locked because you are afraid that some people might judge your feelings....but you have the key. You understand? My statement sounds weird but I hope you get what I mean Miss Sarocha."

 

"I...Do understand it Ma’am "

 

"Good...you may start now."

 

 

 

Freen took a deep breath.

All eyes on her.

She imagined she was alone inside the room.

 

 

My Angel

 

I'm scared

Oh so scared

So Dark, where is the light?

Am I dead?

Am I still Alive?

Someone help me

Save me from this chaos

I thought I was drowning

Suddenly, someone held my hand

She have wings brighter than the sun

She whispered, "Don't be afraid"

She's my Angel feels like my first-aid

She fix my broken heart...

My heart full of band-aids

You're hurt I understand

If you need help always call my name

No need to feel shame

I'm one call away just whisper my name

But what is her name?

I can't recall

Maybe she wasn't an Angel after all

I close my eyes again 

Went back to sleep, always the same

Dreaming of darkness here I go again

Diving to cold, deepest part of my loneliness

Here she goes again saving me

Don't...

I am here, I didn't left

My Angel she's for real

She was always there

I forgot

She was my safe place, now I realized

My Angel her name is.....

I can't tell you because she's mine

Only mine

 

 

 

Everyone in the classroom stood up clapping their hands.

 

 

"Wow! Miss Sarocha I like your presentation." The professor praised her student giving her two thumbs up.

 

 

"Thank you everyone!" Freen happily said.

 

 

 

  🌷

 

 

 

Present

 

 

Rebecca angrily walked out from the cafe. She texted Freen but didn't reply. 

 

Was she mad?

 

Is she jealous?

 

But why bother?

 

She's just a friend right?

 

 

The girl then kept on walking until she saw the person she was looking for. 

 

There she is seating alone under the tree near the football field there was no students around so she walked towards her.

 

 

 

"P'Freen?"

 

"Becky? What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm looking for you..."

 

"But how about your boyfriend?" Freen said obviously jealous.

 

"What? Nathaniel is not my boyfriend!"

 

"He put his arms around you....I didn't like it..."

 

"Freen.... are you jealous?"

 

"Uhm me? N...no!! You are like my younger sister...."

 

"Really? Are sisters like this ?" Rebecca then slowly pushed the other girl on the ground holding up their hands together.

 

 

Rebecca on top of Freen's body.

 

 

"Wha..what are you doing Becky?!!!" The girl nervously said and looked around hoping no one saw them.

 

 

"I want you to know that i'm currently available and no one owns my heart...."

 

 

"Okay... okay no one owns your heart can you please get off me now Becca? Someone might see us."

 

 

Rebecca smiled and sat beside the girl.

 

"Sorry for doing that."

 

 

"Fine fine... just please not here..."

 

"Hahaha! so we can do this in a different place?"

 

"Silly! This is a public place... I mean.....People might get a wrong idea about us."

 

"We're friends P'Freen.... I don't care about other people."

 

"So.... are you going to visit the flower shop again?"

 

"Why? You miss me already?"

 

"sheesh.... My Mom always ask about you ever since you started visiting the shop."

 

"Mmmmm.... P'Freen?"

 

"Yeah, Becky?"

 

 

"Maybe we should stop being sisters"

 

 

"What do you mean?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Maybe we should be lovers instead....."

 

 

 

 

 

 

🌷