Chapter 3

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The snowstorm persisted the whole weekend and Kyuhyun stayed at Ryeowook’s home through it all. Ryeowook didn’t know how he survived the whole weekend arguing and bantering with his mean boss the entire time. Thankfully, he’s into oversized clothing and was able to lend Kyuhyun clothes for a few days.

Surprisingly, Ryeowook didn’t hear any complaints from Kyuhyun either. Aside from saying what food he prefers or the shows he’d rather not watch (and picking on Ryeowook to ), Kyuhyun had nothing to say about his home and how he spent his off days. His company isn’t that bad, actually. After getting used to his sharp snarks and comments, Ryeowook actually found their bantering fun. But of course, he wouldn’t say that to his boss’ face.

Monday came rather quickly and they went to work together, earning looks from their co-workers.

“Hope they won’t spread any rumours.” Ryeowook whispered when the elevator closed.

“Rumours about?” Kyuhyun asked.

“About how our CEO wore the same suit from last week.” Ryeowook teased, not saying what he truly meant. “They might think our boss doesn’t shower.”

“I think my face is handsome enough to distract them from my clothes.” Kyuhyun retorts, again with his annoying smirk that Ryeowook actually thinks is attractive. “Won’t you agree?” He leaned closer towards Ryeowook.

“Goodbye, Sir Cho!” Ryeowook escaped quickly when the elevator door opened. Honestly! His mind easily goes into shambles whenever Kyuhyun teases him like that. Kyuhyun knows he’s hot and it’s annoying!

When Ryeowook reached his desk, he already saw Heechul eyeing him with a knowing smile. “Care to tell me why you were together?” Heechul asked while wiggling his brows. “As far as I know, Kyuhyun’s house is far from yours.”

“The snowstorm last week,” Ryeowook started explaining as he placed his bag on his desk. “I offered him to stay over because I don’t want him to get stuck on the road.”

Yesung, his work best friend and the company’s CMO, also came over to hear some of the gossip. Ryeowook sighed internally. This is going to be a long day, isn’t it?

“Everyone is talking about you the moment you enter the building!” He tapped Ryeowook’s shoulder as if he was being kept from knowing a secret. “How come I’m the last one to hear about this?! Kim Ryeowook, are you ing our boss?”

“Hyung! No!” Ryeowook gasped at Yesung’s bold guess. His friends only laughed. Ugh… they love to so much. “Like I said to Heechul hyung, the snowstorm last weekend was really bad. Staying at my house was the best decision at the time for both of our safety!”

“Riiiight…” Yesung said, feigning disbelief.

The teasing got interrupted when Kyuhyun reached his office.

“Ah, Yesung, perfect. I was about to call for you. We need to talk about Mr. Kang’s proposal.”

“Of course,” Yesung looked at Ryeowook with a look that said, ‘I’ll be right back.’

Before the two executives got inside the office, Heechul smacked Kyuhyun’s head with a folder. “That’s Yesung hyung for you, child!”

“Yeah, yeah.” Kyuhyun dismissed him with a wave of his hand, Yesung laughing behind. “Whatever.”

 

When the door closed, Heechul started ranting about how Kyuhyun was disrespectful. Ryeowook smiled at the way his hyung was acting like Kyuhyun’s frustrated older brother. Then it hit Ryeowook. Heechul is Kyuhyun’s friend. He must know a lot about him.

“Hyung, can I ask you something?” Ryeowook asked.

“Of course, Ryeonggu. What is it?” Heechul wiggled his brows again. “Need some tips about romance?”

“No!” Heechul cackled again at Ryeowook’s defensiveness. “I’m just curiou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter