Chapter 2

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ryeowook was woken up by people getting off the train. He immediately looked at where they were and sighed in relief when he realised that this wasn’t their stop yet. The panic soon dispersed and Ryeowook rested his head back on Kyuhyun's shoulder.

Hold on…

Ryeowook quickly sat back up straight.

“Sir! I’m so sorry for sleeping on your—” Ryeowook stopped himself when he saw that his boss was also asleep. He couldn’t help but stare. His boss is gorgeous, alright? Sue him. He never denied that fact.

Now that he can look without reservations, Ryeowook thought, ‘He’s really cute, isn’t he?’

He could understand why his co-workers were telling him how lucky he was to be appointed as his secretary. He didn’t pay them any mind at first when he was so close to being done with Kyuhyun and his endless orders. But yeah, he doesn’t blame them for swooning over his boss.

Aside from his good looks, Ryeowook can see bags under his eyes. He looks exhausted, even more so than Ryeowook. Just why is he pushing so hard? Everyone can understand that he wouldn’t be able to do everything just yet. He’s only new. But even though he is, Ryeowook is impressed by how well Kyuhyun works. Evil boss or not, he doesn’t want anyone to overwork themselves.

When their stop was announced, Ryeowook gently woke up his boss.

“Sir,” He said. “It’s our stop now.” When Kyuhyun was a bit disoriented but listened anyway, Ryeowook found it adorable.

“Come on.” Ryeowook took his hands out of Kyuhyun’s pocket, with one remaining laced with the other’s fingers. He lightly tugged it to guide the way out of the train.

The train ride had warmed up Ryeowook, but he wasn’t sure if he should let go of his hand now that they were about to walk outside again.

Not wanting to push it, he let go once they exited the train station.

“My house isn’t far from here now.” He said. “Follow me!” He playfully said, trying to lighten up the mood in the cold night.

Kyuhyun gave him a light nod. “Won’t you be cold?”

“Sir?”

“Your hand.” Kyuhyun handed out his own, waiting for Ryeowook’s.

What’s happening?! Ryeowook screamed inside his head. He handed his hand anyway and Kyuhyun pocketed their connected hands again. He’s weak, okay?! WEAK! He can’t help it when his hot but mean boss is suddenly nice!

Is this how the new investors felt when they fell for Kyuhyun’s charm and sealed the deal with him? He felt bewitched. This is illegal!!!

“Did the cold get in your head?” Ryeowook still couldn’t process his boss’ behaviour, so Ryeowook decided to instead. Being friends with Heechul, he figured maybe the way to break the ice further is by playing around and teasing him. Maybe he could be close to Kyuhyun as he was with the chairman. He didn’t want to continue going to work like he’s walking on eggshells all the time either. “You’re being really nice tonight.”

Kyuhyun huffed. “I told you, if you don’t like it, you can always take your hand back.”

Ryeowook laughed but kept his hand still.

The cold still got into Ryeowook but Kyuhyun didn’t make fun of him when he shivered. The atmosphere as they walked to Ryeowook’s house was more comfortable compared to the beginning of the night. Back in Kyuhyun’s car, he felt stiff and the tension was unbearable. 

Ryeowook stole more glances to his boss as he led them to their path. Maybe there is hope for them to be friends after all.




 

“We’re here.” Ryeowook weakly presented his house with his free hand when they arrived. He was a bit nervous since his house isn’t that grand. Though his pay was enough to be able to afford a better home, he didn’t bother to move. He was content and cozy in this one.

But Kyuhyun didn’t say anything at all when they entered. He even thanked Ryeowook for letting him stay! What?! Is this the same brat he’d been working for for the last two weeks?

“Sorry for the mess, sir…” Ryeowook quickly shoved the messy clothes on the floor in the laundry bin and tidied up some spots he could in a matter of seconds. “I think I have some bigger clothes that can fit you. I’ll go get them so you can wash up. I’ll go after you’re done.” Ryeowook headed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter