Palutena x Bayonetta

SSBU oneshots I write for no reason
Palutena would've been startled by the harsh knock on her door had she not invited Bayonetta to her room earlier. The green-haired Goddess set aside the puzzle she'd been working on—thank goodness she hadn't dropped any pieces—before calling, "You may enter!"

The umbra witch opened the door much more politely than she had knocked on it, entering the room with an air of grace. She was dressed comfortably in a black cotton T-shirt and jean shorts, one of the many outfits provided to the fighters. Why they were offered so many different outfits, Palutena would never know, but they were personalized to each Smasher and were all very well made. The Goddess herself was wearing a silky white dress and cream-colored tights, rather than her usual robes.

"Evening, Palu," Bayonetta greeted.

"Good evening, Bayonetta," Palutena replied. "How was the fight today?"

"Well, I didn't expect to be beaten by Isabelle of all people," the witch complained dryly, "but it was a rather entertaining experience. Kept me on my toes, that one."

Palutena gave her a sweet smile. "I see. You did well out there, from what I saw. Have a seat," she said, patting the bed beside her. "Hold on a sec..."

"Hey, Pit? Where are you right now?" The Goddess remained silent a moment, presumably awaiting her angel's response. "Ah, wonderful! In that case, could you pick up some snacks from the food court for me? Ah, poképuffs are fine." She looks over at Bayonetta, who sat on the bed beside her. "Do you want a drink?" she asked her.

"An iced coffee. Full strength, I need caffeine."

"Right. One iced coffee, and... an iced tea. Thanks, Pit. Yeah, I'm in my dorm. See you in a bit!"

"Sure you don't overwork the kid?" Bayonetta asked with a chuckle. The green-haired woman started sputtering excuses, to which the umbra witch reassured, "I'm only kidding, Palu."

And so, they sat there on Lady Palutena's bed, talking about whatever came to mind. Bayonetta mentioned how she'd been training with Lucina and Dark Pit a lot lately, and Palutena shared gossip about the most recent "DLC" fighters. Around ten minutes later, they heard a knock on the door.

"Enter," said Palutena.

Pit opened the door clumsily, a tray of drinks in one hand and a box of sweets in the other. How he even got the door open was anybody's guess.

"Hello, Lady Palutena!" he chirped in greeting, walking over to the two women. "Oh! And hi to you as well, Bayonetta!"

"Hello, dear," Bayonetta replied with a grin.

"Oh, uhh, here's the food you wanted, Lady Palutena," Pit said, handing the tea and the box of poképuffs to the Goddess. The coffee he handed to Bayonetta, knowing Palutena never ordered coffee for herself. He gave a polite bow before seeing himself out the room.

Palutena took a sip of her tea before setting the cup on the end table next to her bed. She opened the box of macaroon-like confections, the sweet smell instantly filling the room. Bayonetta reached into the box, pulling back a chocolate-flavored puff. Satisfied, she bit into the chocolatey treat.

"Better than I anticipated," she mused once she was finished. Palutena giggled, picking up a green one—mint? Or perhaps matcha? She'd know in a moment. The Goddess savored the sweet treat for a few moments before swallowing. They were quite good, considering they were primarily used as treats for Pokémon.

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, the Goddess turned to look at Bayonetta, said umbra witch the strawberry frosting of her last confection from her lips exaggeratedly. Palutena turned away, cheeks significantly pinker than they'd been just moments before.

Ah, yes, that reminded her. The real reason she'd invited the witch here today.
Palutena had recently caught certain... feelings for the umbra witch. Encouraged by Pit and egged on by Dark Pit and Viridi, she'd decided she would finally confess.

But was it really the right time?

"Palu? You look worried. Is something troubling you?" the black-haired woman asked, a hint of concern breaching her usual indifferent and carefree tone.

"Oh! Ah, yes. I'm alright... Just thinking about something," the Goddess replied vaguely.

"Mmh."

"Say, Bayonetta..." Palutena began.

"Yes?"

"...Well, I might as well rip the bandage off, so to speak. I seem to have caught, ah... certain feelings for you, Bayonetta. Romantic ones, that is."

"I... I see," the umbra witch replied after a moment, a bit taken aback. Palutena took this as a bad sign, and started to backpedal, but the black-haired umbra witch cut her off swiftly.

With a kiss.

Palutena pulled back after a moment, shocked. "Does this mean you... reciprocate my feelings?" she questioned.

"Yes," Bayonetta responded with a teasing grin.

And so, poképuffs long forgotten, they met each other in a loving embrace.