Zelda x Peach

SSBU oneshots I write for no reason
It had been quite a difficult battle today—a free-for-all consisting of Zelda, Sonic, Peach, Bowser Jr., and Sephiroth—but Princess Zelda had emerged victorious. After commending her opponents for putting up a good fight, the princess headed back to her personal room in the massive Smash Mansion.
Before entering her room, she took note of the sound of an ocarina being played a couple doors away. Beside her room was Link's, and next to his was his younger counterpart's. The young Hero of Time could be heard playing a tune on his ocarina, occasionally—a cheerful tune that had no particular use or meaning. Zelda smiled to herself. It was quite the pleasant melody.

Zelda later emerged from her room, dressed in an outfit she never would have dreamed of wearing before coming here. It was much more casual attire than the Princess of Hyrule would be expected to wear, consisting of a pale pink T-shirt printed with the Triforce symbol, and a simple pair of denim blue jeans. Pink tennis shoes and a silver charm bracelet completed the look.

Needing to replenish her energy after the last fight, she went to the food court area. There were multiple stalls, all sellings foods from the different worlds. Hand-picked perfect fruits from Animal Crossing, Gautier cheese gratin from Fire Emblem, special Alolan cuisine from Pokémon, and many others.
Deciding to treat herself to something sweet, the Hylian princess ordered a glass of moomoo milk and some poképuffs before going to sit at one of the empty tables.

"Ah—this one tastes a bit like strawberries. But, according to Leaf, strawberries don't exist in her world... I wonder what it's made from..." she mused, gazing at the pink macaroon-like treat in her hand. Perhaps she could ask Red or Leaf another time.

"Ah, Zelda! May I sit here?" a familiar voice asked, bringing the Hylian out of her thoughts. Zelda looked up to see none other than the Toadstool Princess whom she had fought against earlier that day.

"Of course Princess Peach, it would be my honor," she replied, eliciting a giggle from the other blonde.

"Silly, we're both princesses, you don't have to be so formal!"

"My apologies. Then feel free to sit here, Peach, I don't mind," Zelda corrected herself, a small smile crossing her face.

The two royals sat in silence for a while, both just eating their food in peace. Peach was eating some sort of veggie dish made in the place Byleth came from—Fodlán, was it called?
Realizing she'd been staring, Zelda turned her attention back to her puffs. Each one was quite good, the flavors—seemingly strawberry, orange, matcha, and chocolate, respectively—bold and the sweetness not overwhelming. Based on appearance alone, she'd though they'd be sweeter, but she supposed it made sense; poképuffs were commonly fed to Pokémon, and sugar wasn't an ideal part of any animal—or pocket monster—'s diet.

After a while, both princesses were done. They stacked their plates and silverware neatly for a worker to pick up later, and stood from the table. It was then Zelda really had an opportunity to take in Peach's outfit.
Her hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail, her usual dangling earrings replaced by smaller star-shaped ones. Her shirt was a vibrant pink, the color of her trademark dress, and a bit loose-fitting. Black leggings complimented the brighter shirt nicely, and the pink socks paired with black pumps sealed the deal.

Even like this, the mushroom princess was beautiful, and Zelda found herself momentarily speechless.

"That was a rather pleasant meal. I'll have to ask Byleth later if they know the recipe for that dish," Peach said aloud, breaking the short silence. "Do you have any plans for the rest of the day, Zelda?"

"I, ah, do not have any plans in particular, no," the princess in question replied. Peach rested her hand on her hip and thought a moment, before saying:

"Well then, how about you join me in the garden?"

The garden was a beautiful space outside of the mansion, and plants from all of the worlds grew there. Creatures from the other worlds seemed to appear there from time to time, though Master Hand denied having put them there.
Many of the fighters rested there in their free time, sometimes joined by their friends who appeared as trophy fighters or spirits in some battles. But, at this time of day, it would likely be empty.

Zelda would be alone in the garden with Peach.
The thought was thrilling, and yet nerve-racking.

"I would love to join you," Zelda finally responded, hoping she didn't sound too eager. The other girl gave a sweet smile and held out her hand. Hesitantly, Zelda took it in her own, and the duo walked to the garden, hand-in-hand.