Seven

Collar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hello"

"Yo Chaeng! Are you at home? Never mind, I can hear the TV. I'm in the neighbourhood and will be at your place in five!"

"Wait what?" Chaeyoung stuttered, not registering what Dahyun just said.

"Or sooner. Sana is running. Wait for me, Sana! You can't run like that."

 

Dahyun was running and screaming on the other line before the call ended with a beep. She stared back at her phone, not knowing what exactly had happened. Not until Mina sat up gracefully, bringing her hand up to adjust her hair back.

"Who was that?" Mina asked, and Chaeyoung was snapped out of her trance.

 

"My friend, Dahyun. The one I talked to on the phone before. She said she's coming."

 

"I heard. She was loud."

 

"Yeah..." Chaeyoung trailed off, hoping Dahyun's trip here would take forever, and she wouldn't have to deal with it. "Are you okay with it? I mean, she just invited herself here and I don't know if I agreed to that. I don't know if you want to meet her-- or Sana. If not, you can stay in your room, I can deal with them. But I'm not sure if I can stop Sana from coming to find you."

 

Mina cocked her head to the side and stared at the rambling girl in front of her. It's strange. People didn't usually ask her if she wanted to do things or not, they never did. Mina was never given a choice. Well, not until now. But Mina didn't know what to reply, since this was the first time she was asked such a question. Would it offend Chaeyoung if she said no?

 

The bell rang before Mina could answer. She saw Chaeyoung wince before jumping up to her feet frantically. Obviously, she's not used to having guests.

 

"Sorry. Just please don't freak out, okay?"

 

The human said before running to the door, cutting off the pestering bell.

Why would she freak out?

 

From where Mina was sitting, she could have the full view of Chaeyoung being engulfed in a hug by a girl and a hybrid. But she didn't have time to prepare herself when the hybrid spotted and sprinted to her place. Before she knew it, a storm of brown fur took up all her view and a pair of honey-coloured eyes was shoved to her face in excitement. The hybrid quickly invaded her space and started sniffing all over Mina. This alerted Mina, making her crouch further into the couch, arching her back and hissed warningly. She could feel the hair on her nape rose and her tail bristled.

 

However, it could do little to scare the other girl, who was smart enough to avoid Mina's scratching range but still too close for Mina's liking.

 

"Hello! Friend of Chaeng Chaeng! What's your name? Are you Chaeng's pet? How long have you been here? Do you like scratching? Did Chaeyoung just pet you? You smell like her, but the scent is not strong enough, like really a pet. Does she play with you? Where are you from?"

 

Being bombarded with questions, Mina even forgot to hiss at the hybrid in front of her. If the myriad of questions wasn't enough, the rapid sway of this hybrid's tail was definitely making her nauseous. Mina wanted to throw up. Thankfully, Chaeyoung came to rescue before Mina decided to claw this girl's face off. She put herself between Mina and the dog hybrid, hand placing on the brown locks, right between matching colour ears to calm the girl down.

 

"Easy, Sana. Don't pounce on Mina. She doesn't know you and I think you should introduce yourself first."

 

The hybrid’s -Sana was her name- ears dropped down, almost lying flat on her head. But Chaeyoung's stare had worked. Sana sat back down in front of Chaeyoung before poking her face to look at Mina again.

 

"Hii! I'm Sana, a dog hybrid. I live with Dahyunie and love her very much."

 

Sana's companion waved when Mina's gaze dropped on her. She had a bright skin tone and long wavy blue-ish hair cascading down her shoulder. She looked like she came from wealth. Despite not showing her extreme excitement like Sana, her dark-coloured eyes glinted as she stared at Mina curiously.

“What is your name?” Sana asked again, afraid that her intention of introducing and making friends wasn’t clearly shown to the cat hybrid yet. Her tail was wagging so fast that Mina could feel the wind it created from here.

 

Mina only stared at the hybrid in front of her cautiously, not knowing if she should answer the question. She looked at Chaeyoung, hoping the human would get her out of this situation. Dahyun chose this moment to speak up.

 

“Got any food left in your house?" She said, already headed for the kitchen. "I'm so hungry, chasing after Sana. Don't tell me I have to cook for myself."

 

Chaeyoung's eyes darted between her friend's direction and Mina, debating if she should stay with the cat hybrid or stop Dahyun from burning down her kitchen. A loud crash from the kitchen and an "oops" later, Chaeyoung finally decided to head to the kitchen, sending a silent apology at Mina's direction. She knew for sure Dahyun had the ability to burn down the kitchen in her attempt at cooking. Despite how she didn't want to leave Mina there, she preferred not having her house burned. Besides, she knew Sana meant no harm.

 

Luckily, she came to the kitchen just in time to stop the other girl fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter