Four

Collar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Do you… You don’t eat cat food, right?”

 

Mina narrowed her eyes, scrutinised the girl, before realising, in horror, that there was no sarcasm, and the girl was being serious. This girl knew nothing about hybrids, and was probably an idiot. Who asked THAT to a hybrid?

“No.”

Chaeyoung nodded idly, brought her right thumb up and placed it between her teeth. Mina rolled her eyes. She’s not in the right state of mind for another stupid question. She growled.

“If you are about to ask if I need a litter box, I’m going to bite your fingers off.”

 

“Okay then. See you in the kitten! I mean, kitchen!” Chaeyoung squeaked, before making her escape, leaving a fuming Mina behind. Did that girl just call her kitten?

 

The trip to the kitchen was short but challenging for Mina. She had to put her hand on the walls for support, all the while wondering how she managed to walk all the way to this house. When she reached the kitchen area, Chaeyoung was already cooking something on the stove, and the smell of it made Mina’s mouth water. She settled down on one chair, watching Chaeyoung’s back as the girl put more seasoning in the food, making it sizzle so deliciously. Even if there was poison in it, Mina would gladly accept this as her last meal.

 

Chaeyoung almost jumped in surprise when she turned back and found the hybrid already sitting there, staring at her. She clutched her chest, feeling rather lucky that she wasn’t holding the pan or the food she’s been cooking would all be dropped.

“You scared me! Next time, please make some noise so I know you’re here.” She mumbled, turning to take two dishes and utensils from the cabinet. “I’m almost done.”

She glanced at the hybrid again, who still didn’t move an inch from her seat and stared straight ahead with half of her face covered by hair. It sent chills running down Chaeyoung’s back and she wondered if Mina was plotting a plan to murder her or if this was her default setting around humans. Either way, it looked like she had to do most of the talking here.

 

Meanwhile, Mina was mulling over Chaeyoung’s words. Did Chaeyoung just say “next time”? Did she want Mina around for the next time, next meal? How long did the girl allow her to stay here? Or was it just a way of saying and the girl didn’t really mean that? And this was the last meal before she kicked Mina out?

 

A plate was placed in front of her, snapping Mina out of her overrun mind. She filled her nostrils with the heavenly smell of food. It was more delicious than every food she ever smelled, and this time, she got to eat it too. Her head snapped downward at the dish and a pain shot through her spine, making her hiss at herself. She definitely needed to be more careful.

 

Hearing the pained sound, Chaeyoung was on her feet, hand reaching out to check on Mina, but she stopped herself midway. The cat girl already bared her teeth at her. She rolled her eyes, knowing the other girl wasn’t able to attack her, but it’s best to keep her hands far away from those teeth.

“Are you alright? Careful or it’s going to bleed again.”

 

“Not your problem!” Mina hissed.

 

“Well, I was the one who patched it up, so it’s part of my problem if you tear it apart too.” Chaeyoung already had her hands on her hip. This cat was so rude. “Now eat! Before the food went cold. And be careful!”

 

Mina only grumbled something incomprehensible under but made no other effort to talk back. She didn’t have the energy anyway. Instead, she chomped her food angrily. But as soon as she downed the first bite, her anger soon dissolved as food had taken up all her mind.

 

Chaey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter