My Korean Tutor?

So Close, Yet So Far

 

*If the words are blue, they are speaking in KOREAN!

 

 

Last Chapter Recaps

Noona! Are you our neighbor?” Sungjong ask...

 

Sungjong-ah, Annyeong. Neh, I slept well. I’m going to grab some breakfast down the street first. I’ll see you guys in the practice room alright?

 

“Hi, I’m Nina. So, are you new in Korea?” She asked.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

L’s POV

 

We arrived at our practice room and started practicing our dance. After an hour or so, the music suddenly stopped. I assume it’s a break, so I took a bottle of water and sat at a corner.

Aish! I should have eaten more this morning, but Sungjong’s food did not taste good at all!

Am I that hungry that I smell coffee and a sandwich now? Where is the smell coming from? I kept sniffing and turning until I saw the source of the smell. Urgh, that blind girl! Did she bring her breakfast here on purpose? Urgh!

Then, Sajangnim walked in and signaled me to go over.

Myungsoo-ah, I need you to teach Rea Korean. She is having some problems with communicating now and you know how important communication is in this industry. You’re the only one here that could speak perfect English, so please help her.

Neh. Algasipnida, Sajangnim.

Gomowo, Myungsoo-ah.

Sajangnim then walked towards Rea and after a few seconds, shock is evident on her face. Though, she immediately composed herself and bowed to Sajangnim.

 

Narrator’s POV

Rea definitely did not like the idea of being taught by that arrogant and annoying jerkhead but she had no choice. If he doesn’t teach her, no one would be able to do so.

After two hours of practice, it was lunch break. All eight of them went for lunch at a nearby Korean cuisine restaurant.

After the lunch break, Infinite had vocal lessons and Rea had to run errands for the staff.

Rea went to the broadcast station to pass some documents to the producer and to pick up the schedule for the other active artists of Woollim.

On her way, she bumped into someone. She bowed and apologized to him and was surprised to see who it was.

Cheolyong-shi! Annyeonghasaeyo!

Annyeonghasaeyo, Rea-shi.

“What are you doing here?” Rea asked.

“Huh? Oh… I… um… ah… my… j-jo-job?” Mir replied unsurely in broken English, which made Rea chuckled.

Seeing Rea chuckle, Mir rubbed the back of his neck as his cheeks turned rosy.

“Job! Oh my! Sorry, I have to go! See you around!” Rea exclaimed after realizing she had to pass something to the producer and ran towards the elevator.

 

After dinner, at around 8:00 PM, Rea took a shower. Just as she walked out of the bathroom in a huge t-shirt short shorts and a towel around her neck, the doorbell rang. She fast-walked towards the door while drying her hair.

She was shocked to see L at the door while L was stunned by her outfit. It was the first time L saw her without her glasses. Even though he never thought she was ugly with her glasses, she looked even more beautiful without her glasses.

L came back to his senses when Rea asked what he was doing outside her doorsteps and replied, “I’m your Korean tutor remember?”

“Oh…right…” Rea replied. The atmosphere had suddenly turned really awkward, as both of them did not know what to say.

“Um…so…let’s go in first?” Rea tried to break the ice. L nodded and entered.

“So…where will we be studying?” L asked.

“Let’s do it in the living room. It’s more comfortable over there.” Rea answered while L only nodded and followed after her.

“Should we get started?” L started after the few minutes after the conversation died off.

“Yeah, we should. So…what are we starting with?” Rea responded.

“Since you could read and understand a little bit of Hangul, I think we can skip the basics. Why not we start with some simpler vocabularies?” L suggested while Rea just nodded and went along with L’s plan.

L took out the few books that he bought and started teaching Rea. Every few minutes, L and Rea would start bickering with each other until they realized that they went too far off topic and continued where they left off with the lesson.

At around 11:00 PM, they finally wrapped up the lesson that was suppose to be only an hour long.

“You better finish your homework before I come tomorrow. You took away my sleeping time so I hope you won’t make me regret it.” L told Rea sternly and walked across the hallway to Infinite’s dorm.

“Tch! It’s not like I got more sleep either!” Rea mumbled and closed the door.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

OMG! I finally updated! Anyways, hope my readers enjoy it! 

Please leave a comment! Subcribes are loved too!  :)