[4]

My Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan understands everything. She knows that everything is overwhelming Joohyun. The bodyguard was breathing heavily as she stared right into her eyes. “But why me?” and it hit Seungwan, the crack in Joohyun’s voice made her realize that the brunette is slowly giving in to her emotions. Joohyun was vulnerable. She had difficulty comprehending what was happening and what she was precisely feeling.

Yes, Seungwan knows that she’s in love with Joohyun. There’s no denying that her feelings and love for the said woman are something that Seungwan is sure of and wants to fight for, but Seungwan doesn’t want to overwhelm Joohyun in any way. She wants Joohyun to feel her sincerity and to make her slowly understand her feelings. “Because you are you. You are Joohyun.” Joohyun tilts her head to the side before she blinks her eyes. Seungwan thinks it’s adorable to see how soft and clueless Joohyun is. Who would ever believe that a tough bodyguard slamming people on the ground and pushing people who invade Seungwan’s privacy looks like a soft bunny with pouty lips? Seungwan can list many reasons she loves Joohyun, but she knows that stating all of that will overwhelm and bore the said person. “Because you are Bae Joohyun, the person who understands and knows me well.” Seungwan reached to cup Joohyun’s face, and the brunette leaned into Seungwan’s palm for warmth and comfort.

At this point, Seungwan knows she needs to be here with Joohyun. “And that makes you like me?” Seungwan nodded and caressed Joohyun’s soft cheeks. She could feel the bodyguard sighing as she closed her eyes. “C.can you explain why?” the short-haired girl chuckles as she watches how Joohyun’s eyes are pleading.

“Of course, anything for you, eonnie.” Joohyun’s soft smile is seen. Seungwan loves to see Joohyun’s smile, and her heart flutters with the thought of a smiling and happy Joohyun. “Do you want to sit on the swing in your backyard?” the brunette nods, so they immediately head out to the garden.

Seungwan sat on the swing as she watched how Joohyun looked at the sky. “I’m sorry that we have to talk about this when you’re supposed to be sleeping.” Seungwan leaned her head into Joohyun’s shoulder before she breathed out. Her hand also reached for Joohyun’s, and a smile was pasted on her lips when she saw how their fingers automatically intertwined.

“No, I like talking to you.” Seungwan’s sincerity is like a hug to Joohyun, and the bodyguard looks at their hands before she breathes out. “You see, I meet a lot of people daily, right? I meet potential people to date with, and you accompanied me to tons of blind dates set up by my dad.” Joohyun carefully listens as she lets her brain understand and lets her feelings help her comprehend things. “Those people I met throughout the years were nothing compared to you. No one knows I hate the color green and love the blue beside you.” Joohyun nods in understanding, and pride blossoms in her chest. “No one knows that I hate the winter season besides you. You are the only person who knows when to warm me and when to help me.” Seungwan sat properly as she tapped Joohyun’s shoulders, the brunette met her eyes, and there she failed to hide her smile when she saw Seungwan warmly smiling at her. “No one understands me the way you do, and no one takes care of me like you.” a soft giggle was heard from Seungwan when she saw how red Joohyun’s ears were, the brunette tried to hide it, but she failed when Seungwan reached for her free hand to land a soft peck on it. “It might be overwhelming to hear those, but I hope you understand how lovely you are, eonnie. You deserve the admiration and praises from me.” Seungwan heart hurt, she wanted to tell Joohyun how much she loved her, but she knew it was another story to tell. Still, she feels happy that Joohyun finally caved into her emotions. She’s glad that Joohyun finally tried to understand what she’s feeling.

“Thank you for helping me understand.” Joohyun’s voice was soft as she continued to feel her heart restrict into her chest. Having Seungwan here right now is like a dream come true. To have someone explain to her and remind her how amazing she is is something that Joohyun only dreamed of. She never thought she’d be given a chance to be loved by someone special. “I’m sorry, it’s hard to be with me, right? You need to explain everything to me because I’m always confused with my feelings.” Seungwan gave an encouraging squeeze on her hand before she met her eyes.

“And that makes you Bae Joohyun, and I told you I like you because you are you. Nothing will change.” Joohyun realizes one thing, her heart restricted harder into her chest, and she can’t help to smile at that thought.

She’s fortunate to be with Seungwan and willing to dive deeper into it.

-

Joohyun was lying beside Seungwan, and the short-haired girl was giggling while they were inside the bedroom. “I should sleep in the living room so you’ll be comfortable.” Seungwan immediately shook her head before she reached for Joohyun’s wrist. The bodyguard could only sigh before she closed her eyes.

“Eonnie, can I ask you a question?” Seungwan heard Joohyun’s soft hum, and that made Seungwan smile. She fixed how she was lying down and stared at her bodyguard. Joohyun’s eyes were still closed, and Seungwan took a few seconds to admire her serene face. “Why did you choose to be a bodyguard?” Seungwan saw how Joohyun slowly opened her eyes. The brunette’s eyes were warm, but her expression was hard to read, making Seungwan scared that she had touched a sensitive topic.

“You want to know that?” Seungwan hesitantly nods before she gulps the lump in . The bodyguard heaved another sigh before she placed her hand on the top of her stomach.

No one knows this story besides her and her dad, and Joohyun is now ready to share it with Seungwan. The person that she only trusts.

Joohyun was a curious kid since she was young, the kid grew up living in this mansion, but she was not even allowed to go to the other parts besides her father’s room. The room is enough to let her play and enjoy.

As a curious four-year-old, she often takes a peak at the surrounding, and she will always see her father standing beside a beautiful woman. The woman is friendly and usually talks to Joohyun whenever she sees her. Joohyun was surprised when she saw that the woman was staring at her and smiling, she saw the woman gesturing to her, and that’s how Joohyun opened the door and went in the direction of the woman. She saw her father trying to stop her, but the woman snapped at her dad, so she had no choice but to go near the woman. “Hi, Joohyun-ah.” Joohyun bowed before she shyly waved her hand. The young girl immediately hid behind her dad, making the woman chuckle. “I feel better knowing that Seungwan will have a playmate here.” Joohyun looked at her dad, and she saw how her father smiled and nodded.

“Who is Seungwan?” Boa heard Joohyun’s tiny voice, and that made the woman smile. The older woman sat on one of the benches in the garden as she tapped the space to let Joohyun sit beside her. The kid looked up to her dad, asking for permission, and instead of waiting, the woman pulled her up and made her sit beside her.

“Seungwan will be your playmate, hmm? She’s still here in my tummy, so you still have to wait before you meet her. Will you be with Seungwan?” Joohyun looks at the woman’s still flat stomach before she looks up to meet her eyes. The woman’s eyes were warm and happy, making Joohyun comfortable. The little girl nods her head and chuckles when she sees that the lady is raising her pinky finger. “Do you promise you’ll be there and protect Seungwan, too, whenever people give her a hard time?” Joohyun tilted her head and suddenly started thinking. Her hand went into the side of her head before she lightly pouted her lips.

“But Joohyun is only small. How can I protect Seungwanie?” her father chuckled, including the woman beside her. Joohyun felt the woman ruffling her hair before she cupped her cheeks.

“And I’m sure that you’ll still protect Seungwan, right? Just like how your dad is doing with me?” Joohyun blinked before she wrapped her pinky fingers into the woman’s pinky, securing the promise that they had made.

“What is appa doing?” Joohyun asked once again. The woman smiled before she gave Joohyun a chocolate drink and a cookie. She was surprised that the four-year-old opened it on her own. At such a young a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter