[3]

My Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungwan is falling, and she's confident she fell in love with someone she should call her only friend. But to be honest, Seungwan is not surprised by it anymore. How can someone not fall in love with someone as genuine and caring as Joohyun?

All of the emotions she felt yesterday overwhelmed her. It made her conclude that the person she wanted to give all of her love is Joohyun. Her Joohyun eonnie made her understand the reality of life. "Young miss, the car is ready." Seungwan was surprised to hear the voice of one of the maids from her door. All of Seungwan's systems were alerted. She forgot that she needed to attend her master's class in business administration today.

The last time she went to the university, Joohyun was the one who drove for her. The bodyguard also waited for her class to end, and they went straight to Seungwan's favorite meat place. "Don't you dare run again. I sent more guards." Seungwan could only roll her eyes before she went out of the Mansion without sparing her dad a glance. It makes Seungwan feel like she's a prisoner in her own home.

Home is such a big word. Seungwan stopped considering this household her home when her mom died. The day her mom died, Seunwgan lost her family, and the only person she could depend on at that time was Joohyun. Her bodyguard, whom she barely knew, was the one for accepted her and helped her cope.

Seungwan wonders where she can find peace of mind and the feeling of having a home. Home, Seungwan wishes she could call someone her home. A heavy feeling is bubbling in her chest as she enters her car. "Young miss, do I need to turn on the aircon?" the short-haired girl felt another wave of sadness. It hits her once again. The realization that no one understands her the way Joohyun does, no one knows what she wants the way Joohyun does.

Joohyun is different, and no one can top her. She doesn't bother responding. All of her thoughts are now clouded by Joohyun. "I miss you already." the crack in Seungwan's voice is evident. She's badly missing Joohyun, but the harsh reality is here there's no reason for Joohyun to return to the Mansion and there's no reason for Joohyun to return to the Mansion's no reason for Joohyun to stay with her.

The harsh reality is like a slap to her, the years they spent together ended, and Seungwan has been left dwelling on the memories, the words that Joohyun taught her, and most especially, Seungwan was left living with the pain of her unsaid feelings. She could only wish there was a chance to express her true feelings for her friend.

The class went as usual. Seungwan was standing outside the campus, waiting for her car. "How's your class?" her eyes widen. That voice is very familiar, and it's the voice that she usually hears every single day. It is also the voice that she's been dying to hear again.

"Joohyun eonnie?" her previous bodyguard was lightly smiling while standing in front of her motorbike, and she was wearing her leather jacket, plain black tee, and ankle boots. The brunette was holding a spare helmet in her hand as she watched how Seungwan ran in her direction.

"Calm down, and you don't have to run." Joohyun immediately holds Seungwan's shoulders as she sees how her previous protectee is panting and how the tears are starting to build up in her eyes. "Don't cry, Seungwan." the pleading in the brunette's voice was there as she stared right into Seungwan's eyes. It hurts to see the woman cry.

As much as Joohyun wanted to stop herself, her hand immediately caressed the younger one's fluffy cheeks, her thumbs wiping the tears away. Seungwan can only melt at the skinship and the affection that Joohyun shows. She knows it's such a rare moment for Joohyun to be this expressive. In her years under Joohyun's protection, the bodyguard limited their skinship to holding and guarding. "Eonnie, you don't understand how confused I am." Seungwan sought the warm comfort of the brunette in front of her, and she touched the hand on her face as she looked up to meet Joohyun's eyes. "You didn't answer my question and left after talking back to my father. I felt so confused and alone last night." Joohyun was guilty. It was not her intention to leave the woman behind, and going to Seungwan alone is one of the things that Joohyun never imagined doing.

But the fact that Seungwan's father is making things more complicated for them is testing the short patience that Joohyun has in her life. "I heard your father gave you additional security after you ran away from home." Seungwan rolled her eyes before she reached for Joohyun's hand. The apparent frown was seen on the short-haired girl's face. "It's not broken, Seungwan. My knuckle is okay." Joohyun looked around and saw a familiar car approaching them, the bodyguard's sly smile made Seungwan chuckle, and her eyes went to the spare helmet in her hand. "So, do you want to run away with me again?" Seungwan doesn't have to think and is sure about one thing. Everything that she does with Joohyun will always be her choice. Being with Joohyun is the only thing that she wants in life. To Seungwan, Joohyun is not only her protector, but the brunette is her happiness and haven.

Joohyun smirks before she looks back. She pulled Seungwan closer as she put the spare helmet on the short-haired girl's head. "Eonnie, where are we heading to?" Seungwan asked after hopping onto the motorbike, she was hesitant to wrap her arms around Joohyun's body, but the bodyguard reached for her arm and wrapped it in hers.

"We need to go fast, hmm? We need to lose them. Hold on tight." Joohyun ensures that Seungwan's arms are secured around her. Upon seeing that the man inside the car was rushing to head out, she immediately started zooming out of Seungwan's university.

Being with Seungwan makes Joohyun forget about all the logical reasonings she has in her mind. Her confidence is enough to make her push all the possibilities of having troubles along the way. As the cold winter wind hits Joohyun's system, she can't help to feel sad at the thought of the season that Seungwan hates the most is here. Her eye went to check on the side mirror, and she could see the familiar car still following them. All she wanted to do right now was to give Seungwan a short escape, a short time to be alone and to be able to tell her one thing.

Joohyun must be so stupid. She's silly for triggering the president and provoking her friend's father. Being with Seungwan makes Joohyun forget about the possible consequences of her impulsive actions, but having Seungwan with her right now is something that Joohyun can't put into words. Having the short-haired girl around makes Joohyun forget the anger, fear, and pain she's been trying to hide. Seeing Seungwan brightly smiling and freely enjoying life is what Joohyun wants to continue seeing.

The motorcycle immediately the next street, earning a loud shriek from Seungwan. "Eonnie, are you okay?" Joohyun nods before she speeds up in the empty alleyway, mentally thanking the driving skills she learned from studying how to become a bodyguard. The alleyway is a shortcut to the highway, and only locals know that shortcut Joohyun is lucky that someone told her about it.

As they approach the route, Joohyun lessens her speed as she feels Seungwan's hug getting tighter. "I'm sorry, were you scared?" she can only nod in response, making Joohyun sigh. It was hazardous, especially when they were riding her motorbike.

"But if this gives me a pass to be close to you and spend more time with you." Seungwan smiles as she meets Joohyun's eyes through the side mirror. She can see how flushed the bodyguard's cheeks are, making her chuckle. "I will not think twice and will still choose to run away with you again." Seungwan knows that there are a lot of doubts and uncertainties in this world, but she's sure about what she feels. Seungwan is sure that Joohyun is the one that she can trust and depend on for a very long time.

Seungwan is confident that Joohyun is the only certainty in her world full of doubts.

-

The world is different for Seungwan, and she rarely has the time to experience things usual people have. From playing freely on the beach or even playing inside the arcade. Seungwan lost a lot of opportunities growing up, and Joohyun is aware of that fact. “Seungwan-ah, calm down.” Joohyun giggles as she sees Seungwan happily jumping at the trampoline park. The short-haired woman stopped as she stared at Joohyun, holding a camera. "You are way more pretty when you smile." Seungwan caught and understood what Joohyun said, which made her blush before running in her previous bodyguard's direction.

"Joohyun eonnie, you are pretty too whenever you smile." Joohyun's heart fluttered before she gulped the lump in . She also placed the camera down and immediately jumped to the other trampoline leaving Seungwan chuckling as she watched how Joohyun's dumbo ears were red. "Stupid eonnie!" Seungwan shouted before she jumped again. Playing on the trampoline place made Seungwan return to her childhood. She feels so happy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter