[1]

My Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being a bodyguard is different from the job that Joohyun ever dreamed of. Remembering her childhood dream makes Joohyun realize that the possibility of fulfilling her dream is no longer there. The tired bodyguard can only shrug as she looks at the sea of people snapping photos of one specific person. That person is busy looking around the new stuff around the small store, carelessly buying everything her hand touches. Joohyun thinks for a while. How can this girl spend this sum of money on clothes she doesn’t even bother wearing?

Then reality struck her: Joohyun works for the only daughter of one of the most well-known and successful businesspeople in Korea and Canada. “Joohyun eonnie…” her instinct to protect the girl beside her was suddenly heightened. Whenever she hears her call her by her real name, she thinks she is in trouble, or something is bothering her. Joohyun leans her face and ear closer to the girl beside her. There was a surprised gasp from the girl, and Joohyun swears she saw how a blush crept into those cute cheeks.

“What is it, Miss Son?” Joohyun saw how the girl rolled her eyes before she bit her lower lip. The bodyguard feels like Wendy, or should Joohyun call her Seungwan, already wants to leave the event and pay for what she got. “The young miss is all ready to leave.” the store clerks and manager immediately nod their heads, and Joohyun thinks it’s funny how the word of Seungwan’s departure from the shop and event made everyone panic.

The bodyguard follows her closely from behind while still being mindful of what is happening around them. The brunette bodyguard pulls Seungwan close to her, and she can see a man from afar blending with the press who got her eyes on Seungwan. “What is wrong, eonnie?” Seungwan was surprised, but she didn’t even mind when Joohyun held her close. She can smell the perfume of her bodyguard. Her eyes wander around, and Seungwan thinks she saw what makes Joohyun this protective.

“Follow me, hmm? Don’t be hard-headed this time.” Seungwan giggles happily before she nods her head like a menacing kid. Joohyun can only shake her head before she guides them along the crowd. “Stop smiling like that, and the press won’t like to know that the person they knew as the most sophisticated woman and the only heir of her dad is a menace.” Joohyun smoothly swifts Seungwan to her side without her arm leaving Seungwan’s shoulder, and she already saw that some of the press were pushing each other, and she knew how uncomfortable Seungwan was when it came to those people.

Seungwan can only roll her eyes before she hits her bodyguard’s arm, and this time it’s Joohyun’s time to smirk at the sight. Despite being Seungwan’s bodyguard, it is always fun for Joohyun to see the rich girl pout or roll her eyes in annoyance. “Just wait once we are inside the car,” Seungwan whispered before giving Joohyun her tight-lipped smile.

Joohyun is a bodyguard, but there are some rare occurrences where she’s scared of the younger girl, which is happening today. “Young miss, where do you want to go?” Seungwan heard Joohyun’s voice as she grips on the steering wheel. She had been receiving a silent treatment as soon as the door of Seungwan’s Rolls-Royce shut.

“Annoying, eonnie!!!” Joohyun’s ear perked, and that made her startle for a while. Seungwan might be small, but her voice is booming and precise. The bodyguard is used to this sight, but there are still times when she gets startled and surprised. “Calling me a menace right in front of the press! Am I a menace?” Joohyun bit her lip to prevent her grin from showing up, but it was hard not when she saw Seungwan with her eyebrows crumpled and her lips lightly pouted. It was a pretty sight, Joohyun thinks.

But reality suddenly hits Joohyun. Why is she finding Seungwan cute? The brunette pinched herself as she gulped the lump in . “Yes, you are indeed a menace.” Joohyun looks at Seungwan with cold and professional eyes. Joohyun needs to gather herself, and she needs to stop herself from finding such sights and adorable. Her heart tightened as he tried to pick herself. How can she resist someone as soft and lovely as the woman riding in the backseat?

The bodyguard looks at the back before she immediately starts driving. The only sound inside the car is the music from Seungwan’s playlist. “Eonnie, can I go visit my mom?” the brunette bodyguard gulps the lump in . Her eyes moved to the rearview mirror, and she saw Seungwan looking out the window.

“Are you sure?” Joohyun’s heart broke when she saw Seungwan’s eyes, the short-haired girl’s eyes were filled with different emotions. Joohyun knows it’s a breach of their safety protocol to bring Seungwan to a place where she should have informed the President or the other security team. But how can she say no to Seungwan? Not when the girl is staring right into her eyes.

Joohyun immediately drifted the car in the other direction. Her eyes went to the side mirror and saw that the other vehicles were still following them. Seungwan was surprised when she saw how Joohyun expertly u- the next street before the others could follow them.

Seungwan rarely says thank you, but the short-haired girl is thankful for Joohyun’s presence. The bodyguard understands her way better than the other people on her security team. Having Joohyun as a personal bodyguard is one of the reasons why Seungwan is still striving to continue living. “Young miss, are you okay?” Seungwan nods in response to the question. Joohyun is already driving more profoundly into the street, expertly navigating her way to one of the spots Seungwan loves to visit.

Seungwan is always stunned and in awe of every single thing that her bodyguard is doing. She always admires how a short woman like Joohyun can protect her from all the danger in this world. Whenever Seungwan feels alone, her bodyguard will always be there to join her.

A few minutes passed, and Seungwan found herself beside her mom’s grave. The leaves were almost covering the grave. It’s an indication that the winter season is starting soon, the season when she lost her mom. “Eomma, Seungwanie is here.” she slowly removed the leaves before she smiled when she saw the miniature portrait of her mom. “I went here with Joohyun eonnie, and I didn’t ask for dad’s permission, nor the other guards. I suddenly missed you when I saw that blue padding jacket.” Seungwan breathed out before she looked up. Joohyun was quietly standing behind her holding an umbrella in her hand. Her bodyguard is quiet most of the time, but the silence gives Seungwan the comfort she needs. “I asked Joohyun eonnie to turn off her phone too. I want a peaceful and quiet time with you, eomma.” Joohyun gulped the lump in , her eyes glued to Seungwan’s back. She knows she will be in trouble once they are home and will meet the President again inside the office that Joohyun hates the most.

Joohyun hates that office, and it’s suffocating for her to be alone in that space with the President. But if being there can give Seungwan the peace of mind she needs, Joohyun doesn’t even mind if it’ll give her a hard time. She wants to provide all the best things to Seungwan. She knows every silent struggle the short girl has, which is the best thing that Joohyun can offer her. She can only offer to take care of her and always be there whenever Seungwan feels alone.

Joohyun heard the sound of thunder. The bodyguard roamed her sight before she opened the umbrella. Joohyun was holding it to cover Seungwan, who was still beside her mom’s grave. The rain starts to pour, and the only thing that Joohyun is thinking right now is to ensure that Seungwan will stay dry despite the heavy rain. “Eonnie! You are getting soaked!” Seungwan immediately stood up and pulled Joohyun close to her to share the umbrella, and the bodyguard immediately blinked before she moved away from Seungwan.

“Young miss, you can’t be soaked. I’m okay. Are you ready to say goodbye to your mother for now?” Joohyun’s voice was firm, and she could only look away from Seungwan’s eyes. The cold rainwater makes Joohyun shiver, but the bodyguard can only breathe out as she ensures that the young miss is still dry and warm.

As soon as Seungwan bid her goodbye, she walked while Joohyun quietly followed her, ensuring the rain won’t soak her.

-

Entering Son’s mansion is nerve-racking for Joohyun, and she sees how her superior is waiting for them to exit the vehicle. The bodyguard thought that she could still have time to shower first because she was freezing right now, but seeing her superior reminded Joohyun of the reality that she was about to face.

She exited the vehicle and opened the door for Seungwan to hop off. Joohyun could feel the heavy stares behind her, and she knew she was in big trouble. She bowed when she saw Wendy staring at her with concerned eyes.

Seungwan started to walk, but she halted when she heard the sound of a slap behind her. Her eyes widened when she saw Joohyun standing in front of the head of the guards, and she was looking down while the male guard was holding her collar. “I told you to look up!” Seungwan felt her heart getting heavy; she was surprised to see that for the first time.

“LET HER GO!” Joohyun shook her head and gestured to Seungwan, but the younger girl stood there and looked at the head of the guards. “Or I’m telling my dad to remove you here.” Seungwan saw how Joohyun was shaking and how red her cheeks were now. The bodyguard still looks strong, but she can see it through her e. She can see through Joohyun’s eyes that she’s hurt.

Joohyun was surprised to see one of the maids carrying some towels. “Young miss, here’s the towel.” Seungwan immediately gets it and starts to wipe Joohyun’s head. For Seungwan, Joohyun is not only her mere bodyguard, but to Seungwan, Joohyun is her support system. Joohyun is the only person she can depend on.

Seungwan is not sure if Joohyun sees her the same way that she does, but she doesn’t care. Joohyun might be just doing her job and doing what she was trained to do, but for Seungwan, those gestures make her heart soft and thankful for the older lady. “Young miss, I’m okay. I need to go.” Joohyun’s voice was shaky as she continued to look down. The bodyguard seems so tired of functioning now. She wants

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter