[2]

My Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun is no longer Seungwan’s bodyguard. She knows that. It’s no longer her responsibility to find and save Seungwan from the world's dangers.

The world is harsh, and Joohyun knows that. The world is cruel to someone like Joohyun, but the world is inevitably way more brutal to someone like Son Seungwan. The bodyguard groaned before she grabbed her motorcycle key. She reached for her phone and tried reaching for Seungwan’s number. She’s been ignoring the woman for weeks and feels guilty. “This girl is a menace.” Joohyun’s frustration is so high right now that she grabs her leather jacket and helmet.

Seungwan is no longer her responsibility. Seungwan is not the person she needs to save and protect. Joohyun is not Irene anymore, and she’s not Irene who is willing to risk her whole self just to ensure that no one can touch the short-haired woman. With her plain white shirt, leather jacket, and tight pants, Joohyun immediately hops into her motorbike, holding her earpiece. “Son Seungwan, I swear to God. You need to be safe.” Joohyun only has one place in mind, and she’s confident that Seungwan will be there.

When she was about to start her motorbike, the brunette received a call. “Irene, is Seungwan with you?” her heartbeat was fast when she heard the president's voice. She can sense the panic and worry in his voice. “Her bodyguard lost her at the mall earlier.” why is she the first person they are asking for, Seungwan? “She was talking about you, one of the guards said.” Joohyun gulps the lump in before she starts her motorbike.

“Mr. President, she’s not with me. But I’m on my way to help the others find her.” Joohyun breathes out, and she starts speeding up. The brunette can only think of one place. Seungwan is probably wandering around near the area where she lives.

“Please help us find her; we are already losing a lot of time.” Joohyun didn’t bother to respond. She ended the call and immediately went straight to the destination she had in mind. Even without the president asking her to help them, Joohyun will always save and find the short-haired woman.

Joohyun knows how smart Seungwan is. The girl probably turned off her phone or threw it somewhere along the way, which is why no one can get a hold of her. Seungwan is also limiting her use of her cards to avoid getting tracked. Somehow Joohyun regrets telling Seungwan those tricks, and now she’s heading to that place with a heavy heart. She feels so scared and worried that she couldn’t stop thinking of worst-case scenarios. “Son Seungwan, I hate that you are so smart.” Joohyun can only gulp the lump in as the event's seriousness hits her. Seungwan, the person she had cared for years, is currently missing and probably in a bad situation.

Joohyun immediately hopped off her motorbike to run towards the familiar place, her eyes wandered around the area, but there was no sight of the short-haired woman. The realness of the situation is now taking a toll on Joohyun’s mind. The only place she thought Seungwan would be was not the place she chose to run to today.

Just when she was about to lose hope, Joohyun’s phone started vibrating, and it was a call from the person she wanted to talk to. “SON SEUNGWAN! WHERE ARE YOU!” Joohyun was shaking as she immediately made her way into her motorbike. All of her worries suddenly vanished. At this point, she just needs to know where Seungwan is and bring her back safely to the mansion.

“Joohyun eonnie, I’m so scared.” hearing Seungwan’s voice makes Joohyun mad, not only at the incompetent bodyguard but also at herself. What if she chooses to be hard-headed and stay? What if she answered Seungwan’s calls and messages? “Please help me, eonnie. I’m scared.” Joohyun’s heart hurts, her chest tightens alongside her breathing, and her eyes are filled with anger as she begins her motorbike.

“Remember what I told you back then? Open your GPS. I’ll be there.” Joohyun knows that she might not be only facing one person, she knows the danger of going there alone, but she can’t beg to waste more time to call the president. Joohyun knows that Seungwan is scared. She knows that she’s in danger.

Just thinking that Seungwan is alone in a foreign place, surrounded by the danger of the world, Joohyun needs to remember all of the safety protocols she studied throughout the years. How can someone who trained for years be willing to sacrifice her life just to ensure that the person she wants to protect is safe?

“I’ll be there, Seungwan, I promise. Do you trust me?” Joohyun knows that Seungwan trusts her. She’s been protecting Seungwan for more than a decade. Joohyun is sure about many things, one being that Seungwan depends on her the way she does.

To Joohyun, Seungwan is not just her protectee. Seungwan is the person that she values the most. To Joohyun, Seungwan is one of the only people who know her beyond what she shows. “You are the only person I trust, eonnie.” that is enough for Joohyun to hear. The bodyguard checks her phone for the last time before she zooms toward the destination.

-

Seungwan is scared and remembers the stories she heard from Joohyun. The world is harsh. That is what Joohyun has reminded her for years, everyone wants to get what she has, and as a person born with such power and wealth, the world is way harder for Seungwan. Her world is different from people who can freely do whatever they want. Joohyun was the person who reminded her of almost everything, and Seungwan felt empty without her one and only friend.

Friend, Seungwan knows that to her, Joohyun is not just a friend. To Seungwan, her bodyguard is the person she can always depend on. That is why Seungwan decided to risk her safety just to be with Joohyun.

And that is why Seungwan is sitting inside a room, tired and hopeless. “Your father is kinda stupid, you know?” Seungwan agrees, to be honest, her relationship with her father is far from being good. Seungwan grew up without her father. Given that circumstances, her relationship with her dad is not something that Seungwan treasures. “And you are also stupid for going out alone, riding public transportation like that.” Seungwan looked at the man in front of her; her eyes were filled with anger as she chuckled. In her mind, Seungwan thinks the man is stupid for not tying her hand and leaving her alone inside the room earlier. Because of that, she managed to give Joohyun a call.

“And you think you are smart for abducting me.” Seungwan grinned, and the man in front of her could only laugh. His hand tried to touch Seungwan’s hair, but she immediately dodged it. “You think my father will save me?” the short-haired girl knows she can trust and depend on Joohyun. She’s sure that her suffering is about to end.

“If not your dad? Then who will save you? Little miss know it all?” Seungwan faked a smile as she shrugged. She knows the man in front of her won’t dare to hurt her right now. It was money that the man wanted, and hurting her was the last thing the man wanted to do. “I’m sure your dad is sending people here now. Do they think I’ll get scared because of it?” Seungwan doesn’t bother responding. At this point, Seungwan knows that Joohyun is already on her way to save her, just like she usually does.

The room was suddenly quiet. All Seungwan can hear is a sound of a very familiar motorbike. Her heart suddenly fluttered, and all she could feel were the various emotions in her chest. Joohyun didn’t break her promise, her guard was here, and her savior was here to save her from this happening. “Joohyun eonnie…” Seungwan whispers as she looks at the man, who immediately stands up while carrying her gun. The short-haired woman was surprised to see him take a firearm as he approached the door.

Seungwan knows that Joohyun is brilliant and Joohyun is well-trained. Still, just the sight of the gun is enough to make her scared, not for her safety, but for Joohyun’s safety. “Did your dad just send a woman to help you here? I can’t believe he is this stupid. For a well-known businessman your dad is disappointing.” the man opened the door. There she saw Joohyun standing, wearing a black leather jacket and plain white shirt. The bodyguard grins before she looks at the man with empty eyes. “I haven’t called her parents, yet you managed to track her down already.” the bodyguard didn’t respond. She just stood there while Joohyun locked her eyes on Seungwan’s form. She feels relieved just by seeing Seungwan sitting there unharmed. That is Joohyun’s utmost priority, to ensure that she’s not hurt in any way.

“Young miss, are you okay?” that was Joohyun’s first time speaking, Seungwan’s tears we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter