jasper avenue

periwinkle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

i know and i'm sorry for the lack of updates for was this all worth it but i promise the next update will come in before the 20th! i just happened to get hooked up onto this song for a while and as much of a gatekeeper i am, i wrote something random that more or less depicts the lyrics in my way. this has no heavy plot and you're all free to speculate whatever happened in between but do give jasper avenue by carter a listen while reading! i appreciate it a lot. this chapter is written on a whim so all the errors you see in between, do turn a blind eye if you see them. might not edit this chapter anytime soon. also, a little announcement on was this all worth it, after the next update, i might put it on private for a moment. writing it has been so hard lately and i am super torn in between throwing the whole story away or rewrite some chapters to make it more presentable. but in a way, i'll only put it on private after the next update so feel free to read until before the 20th. 

 

 

irene absolutely loathes parties.

 

finishing her finals with barely a mind to spare, irene plans on cooling off the stress and pressure with a cup of hot chocolate and the book she’s been wanting to read, all in the comfort of her room. but plans remain as plans when she’s dragged by joy to a party she certainly isn’t related to.

 

so irene being irene, she grabs a cup of soda and wanders off, exploring the gigantic place of a mansion until she settles at the backyard. a few people are mingling but irene pays them no heed as she drinks the soda away while enjoying the view. with the mansion located on top of the hills, it offers the panoramic scene of the city down below. the streetlights bringing life to the young night, the roars of the vehicles on the road ringing in the air–irene welcomes it all.

 

with joy having fun somewhere in the heart of the party, irene loses herself in her thoughts.

 

finally free from finals and graduating in a few weeks time, irene takes her time to clear her mind from stuff that’s been kept away for the longest time. she didn’t want to admit it, but she secretly thanks joy for dragging her out of her room despite her obvious hate for parties. 

 

out of everything that has piled up in her mind, one stood out the most. one that secretly bugs her despite all her efforts of blocking it out through the pretence of finals and indifference. 

 

“hey irene, do you mind being partners for this assignment? i could really use your help!”

 

“that’s so genius of you! no wonder you are everyone’s favourite.”

 

“you study all the time, what is one party gonna do to you? let’s just have fun once and we’ll get back to studying right after, i promise.”

 

“i told you it’d be fun! we should do this more often.”

 

“i’m glad i met you irene. we make the best partners, i bet everyone would be jealous of me.”

 

“have i told you that your eyes are so beautiful and expressive? if i stare too long, i might fall in love with you.”

 

“i care for you irene, more than you could imagine. so please, let me know if anything is bothering you. i’m right here beside you and i’m not going anywhere. you can push me away all you want but i’ll come back to you. i always do, don't i?”

 

“you belong here as much as anyone else. we’re no strangers. you got me so what is there to lose?”

 

“where have you gone joohyun? i thought you hated me. you left me wondering if i was being too much, was i? i’m sorry, please don’t leave me again.” 

 

“i like you joohyun, more than a friend would. i want to spend my days together with you, getting to know you better. take all the time you need before letting me know your answer. i’ll always wait for you, you know that right?”

 

irene breaks out of her trance at the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter