7pm

periwinkle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seventeen's booseoksoon had a comeback recently and i am completely enamored for this song titled 7pm. please please give it a listen because this fic is entirely inspired from the song!

 

author's note at the end of the chapter :)

“you idiot!”

 

joohyun flinches at the deafening voice of her manager. while it may be a normal occurrence of her manager being the dip he is, today his anger is tearing at the seams and who else would he lash out at if it was not joohyun? to make matters even worse, her manager chooses to berate her at her own cubicle, with many of her colleagues around to witness this blatant humiliation.

 

“i better see this report redone and on my table in an hour tops. you hear me?!” the manager hurls the heavy file onto her desk and it lands with a gigantic thud before walking away.

 

joohyun gives out a distressed groan. the report she submitted yesterday took more than two days of her time to be done and her manager wants it to be corrected within an hour, which is impossible and any rational person would turn insane in doing so. and today, joohyun might just turn insane herself.

 

you can do this joohyun! what’s a report got on me anyway.

 

fifty-eight minutes later, joohyun barely manages to finish the report but her competitive streak refuses to surrender, especially to her irritating and self-absorbed manager. so after she places her completed report on her manager’s desk with a smirk, she excuses herself out of the room and leaves the flabbergasted manager to deal with himself. 

 

as much as she’s proud of herself for putting up with her manager’s nonsense, joohyun feels fatigued to the core. the public humiliation she received and also the workload took her whole energy away. joohyun is desperate to reach home soon so she could drink herself to waste. she goes down from her office to the nearest bus stop and waits patiently for her bus to arrive. her phone suddenly dings, indicating a message went in and joohyun quickly opens it when she reads the name of the sender.

 

wannie <3

hey hyun! wanna drop by for dinner at my place? 6:38 pm

i got this fine wine my friend gave me 6:38 pm

it’ll be nice to have you over and try the wine together :) 6:39 pm

joohyun

sure wan :) 6:39 pm

i could use some alcohol too 6:39 pm

wannie <3

uh-oh 6:40 pm

sounds like a bad day at work? 6:40 pm

joohyun

it indeed is :( 6:41 pm

i’ll tell you over the wine 6:41 pm

wannie <3

okay, take care hyun! 6:42 pm

 

instead of getting on her usual transport, joohyun decides on hailing a taxi. dinner with seungwan is an urgent matter so despite the high fare due to the rush hour, joohyun could care less as long as she reaches her girlfriend’s place by 7 pm.

 

(...)

 

seungwan swiftly moves around in her small kitchen, getting the dishes ready along with setting up the table after her texts with joohyun. at times like this, she’s glad she followed her guts and texted joohyun for dinner together. the wine and dinner was just an excuse for her to spend time with joohyun after their time apart due to the clashing of their schedules. little did she know, she’s providing joohyun an escape from the events that happened earlier today.

 

as seungwan finishes plating up her and joohyun’s plate with dinner, she hears the beeps from her door, indicating the punch of the lock on the door and it opens seconds later, revealing her girlfriend who looks slightly disarray. joohyun silently shuffles to the kitchen after taking off her heels and gently back hugs seungwan.

 

“hello to you too hyun.” seungwan chuckles, gently patting joohyun’s hands on her waist.

 

joohyun hums in acknowledgement and further nuzzles her face into the latter’s neck. she breathes in seungwan’s scent; white musk and vanilla with a tinge of savoriness, probably from her cooking dinner. seungwan turns in joohyun’s hold and faces her to reciprocate the hug; both of them basking in the serenity and warmth of each other’s embrace, slowly washing away the day’s trouble into thin air.

 

as much as seungwan wants to relish in her girlfriend’s embrace, she knows that joohyun would appreciate it more if she’s full of food so seungwan releases her hold on joohyun and nudges her to sit down. seungwan takes her place beside joohyun, not before pouring the wine she wanted to taste together with the latter.

 

“i hope you don’t mind pasta for dinner. i haven’t had time to make a trip to stock up on groceries yet,” seungwan sheepishly rubs her neck. 

 

“wan-ah, this is more than enough,” joohyun softly smiles, her hand reaching out to take seungwan’s in hers, fingers gently rubbing against her knuckles as a sign of assurance. “let’s eat now, yeah?”

 

they eat in silence, throwing in a couple of talks in between bites to catch up on each other’s day. seungwan mentions that she’s working on a new song – being the top singer-songwriter she is – and wants joohyun’s impression of it later. not one to say no in being the first to listen to seungwan’s yet to release song, joohyun heartily agrees because part of her knows that whatever seungwan produces is bound to be a hit. her girlfriend somehow is gifted with crafty fingers and definitely a brilliant mind.

 

“and what about your day, hyun?” seungwan asks, sipping wine as she goes. joohyun copies her action, but instead of a sip she takes a gulp of it in hopes to unwind her tension before telling her day.

 

“ty.” joohyun sighs. “that dip manager of mine made me redo the whole report i spent two days working on within an hour.”

 

amidst joohyun’s complaining, seungwan periodically pours more wine into joohyun’s glass as she finishes it after every pause. now it may seem irresponsible of seungwan to do so, considering how lightweight joohyun is with her alcohol but knowing her girlfriend, she needed the drink to speak out her mind and clear it all at once. after all, seungwan’s there to take care of a drunk joohyun although she partly grimaces as an intoxicated joohyun can be both fun and a mess.

 

“-- and that’s not the worst part! he deliberately chose to berate me in my cubicle. in front of my whole department! what an .” joohyun brings the glass to to down the remaining wine, her actions wavering as the alcohol gradually takes over her system. seungwan knows that the alcohol is doing the talking because joohyun isn’t one to cuss out on a daily basis, even if things are uncalled for. her cold exterior only acts as a facade but deep inside, her girlfriend is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter