the luckiest fan

periwinkle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

bodyguard!seungwan x actress!irene

author's note down belowwww

 

 

seungwan has been in countless situations where her life hangs by the edge of death. she’s lucky she made it out of every single one of them alive, scathed for sure, but at least alive. 

 

in this situation, however, it seems her luck of escaping danger has finally run out because all she sees at the end of this is utter doom.

 

“yah, son seungwan! how do you explain this?”

 

seungwan flinched at the piercing voice echoing in the private space they’re in. she did what she knew best, albeit it was seen as wrong to the person in front of her.

 

the said person shoved her tab to seungwan’s face, the headlines of the article blaring out in bold letters:

 

actress irene bae’s bodyguard under scrutiny for allegedly breaking a fan’s hand

 

seungwan scoffed. the said fan was more of a stalker than a mere fan of the actress but the audacity to accuse her of breaking her arm is an exaggeration. she just shoved the person out of their way when they came too close to her liking. 

 

irene sighed in frustration. “you broke her hand for god’s sake seungwan. that’s an assault!” the actress sat down, fingers massaging her temples as she mulled over the situation. “you could be done for just because of this,” she whispers.

 

“she had her hands behind her back when she approached us! what did you think i was supposed to do? let her come near and see what happens?” seungwan said, voice hard. “i did my job and pushed her out of the way for your safety. i doubt a push could break her hand, a crack would’ve been plausible instead.”

 

the air in the room felt suffocating, almost choking seungwan into darkness except for the fact she had no regret for handling the said fan accordingly. how could she stand and watch and only act when something happens to irene? she’s her personal bodyguard; of course she would sweep out any possible threats to her client, even if it resorts to violence.

 

“seungwan….”

 

“i’m not going to say sorry when i’m just doing what’s under my job description and that includes keeping you safe from any possible danger. i cannot risk the possibility of something bad happening if i could prevent it,” seungwan matter-of-factly explained. 

 

irene looked at her, trying to read her face for any hint of emotions under her facade. seungwan remains expressionless; she’s been trained to do so after years of training. it helps her to hide unnecessary reactions that could give away information for anyone to use against her.

 

right now, she’s sure that irene could not figure out anything from her face or body language at all unless she said it out loud.

 

“i know seungwan, i know.” irene rubbed her tired face. “it’s just i- you could’ve been hurt and i wouldn’t be able to forgive myself knowing that i was the reason for it.”

 

seungwan stared as the actress’s shoulder sagged. six months of being assigned to the famous actress was enough for her to learn about her client. irene bae, A-class actress with 3 blockbuster-hit movies and a list of successful dramas, not to mention multiple awards both in and out of the country but she’s also bae joohyun; a counterpart with a more timid personality. it’s obvious that irene is a pretence for the world to see whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter