Goodbye

Save me

Soomin sat on a bench in the park. She was very anxious. “How will I tell him” she said to herself.

“Soomin!” she heard a man’s voice behind her. “Soomin! Hey! “

It was Youngmin!

“Oh! Hey!” Soomin replied. She smiled dryly at Youngmin. “Sit beside me?” She told him as she scooted to the right giving him space to sit.

“What do you wan’t to tell me babe? Honey? My cute thing?” he jokingly asked her. “Do you know that my life has been hell without you?” he added. “How are you my princess?”

“I’m ok” she replied in a fake cheerful voice. “I can still breathe, I have been eating a lot lately, I have been writing and reading a lot, I have been doing a lot of things lately.” She answered him as she gazed into his eyes (which were very happy to see her).

“Woah! You’ve been doing that? You should do a lot of things with me too you know.” He smiled and winked at her. “Wha-“ her face turned red (she clearly got the wrong idea).

Youngmin sensing her thoughts (or assumptions) laughed and told her that they should go out more often, go to see neat places and do cute romantic couple stuff  “Come on Soomin!” he urged her. “Let’s . uhh you know. Buy stuff together. Couple shirts? Jackets? Even phone stuff?” He smiled.

“Uhh Y-Youngmin.” She told him as let down her head, looking at Youngmin’s hands which were holding hers. “Y-You see I won’t be here for long.” The scene suddenly rotated 180 degrees. Youngmin’s look was very serious.

“What do you mean.” He asked

“You see,  mother’s relatives have found me.” She looked at his eyes which were turning red.

“I still have family—I still have people that I could relate to.” Her voice cracked “I still have a family.”

“I will be leaving for Vienna soon” Tears began to fall from her eyes. “My mother’s father lives there. He told me that I would be living with him from now on.”

“What about me? Don’t you love me? I am your family too! Am I?” He asked her as tears fell down his eyes. “Please tell me!” his voice was indistinguishable through his sobs.

“I love you Youngmin, I really love do.” She couldn’t take it anymore. “Heaven is my witness. But I have to end this now. You are getting married to Eun Hye. You were hers before you were mine” She told him as she wiped the tears from her eyes. “I-I’m breaking up with you. Please forget about me.”

“Soomin, you are the only girl that I will ever love. You know that?”  His tears fell uncontrollably. “I will never ever stop loving you. I won’t.” He held Soomin’s hand tightly.

Soomin stood up with her hand still held by Youngmin. She urged Youngmin to let go of her. She pulled away and ran towards a car which was parked near the park. Youngmin ran after her. He ran until the car couldn’t be seen anymore. He hurriedly went to Soomin’s house only to find that it was empty.

Soomin was gone for good.