Chapter One

Love Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The white hallways with no joy at all, the smell of alcohol gel typical of that facility, the beeps of the annoying machines that were wired into the sleeping body of that gurney. There was a man sitting in a dull brown armchair beside him as he his cold hand in the hope that the patient would wake up once and for all. 

 He was not holding it any longer, coming into that hospital, seeing the love of his life in that state even more so when he came home and his three joys asked for the omma of these that was never with them back in the nest. 

 The man took a deep breath bringing his cold hand to his cheek kissing it after noticing that visiting hours would end in 10 minutes and he would have to leave leaving the sleeping brunette man behind as he continued his life without one of the best presences in life. 

 As a routine, she deposited a kiss on his forehead, another on his nose and finally on his lips taking a little longer, whispering how much she loved him and that she would wait for him until the end. Before leaving the room she looked for the same nurse who was caring for her husband and questioned one last time for whatever improvements there were, but the answer was always the same. 

 "Let's hope your spouse wakes up"

 The typical phrase she always heard when there was nothing more to confirm or information and it killed her heart a little more, however, as everyone said hope is the last to die. 

 The way from the hospital to his home was, unfortunately, a well-known route. He parked the car in the place in the garage that was assigned to his apartment number, got out with his work folder, and called the elevator up to the fifth floor. He put in the code to gain access to the room, took off his shoes, and was soon greeted by an energetic little 6 year old girl holding hands with a one year and 6 month old baby walking a little wobbly.

 He took them both on his lap and placed a kiss on each of their foreheads while receiving in return a slobbery seal on each cheek, he walked with his children to the living room to meet their parents who had stayed with the children and was soon greeted by another baby who smiled at him, still without teeth. 

 MMM : You all did well (said to his son) Yoori helped me with everything (smiled at his granddaughter)

 Yoori : I helped with the brothers and made rice cakes to feed Myung (she spoke proudly, squeezing her 1 year old brother's cheek) 

 MMM : Even Haneul helped (touched her 4 months old baby's little hand) Hyuk, any news? 

 Hyukjae : Same as before (took a sad deep breath and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter