[SECOND SHOT] The Morning After or The Story of the Monster Mosquito

Let's Cheat

Gain fluttered her eyes open, feeling refreshed. Stretched her hands up and yawn, She’s ready to start her day. Turning to the other side, she was greeted with a blue-pajama clad chest, breathing evenly. Sometimes, she still found it funny that no matter how they went to sleep, their wake up position was always the same, his arm over her waist holding her close. There were times they argued really bad, had cold war and didn’t talk to each other whole day, went to sleep facing away from each other. Yet, the next morning, somehow, he still held her close with firm hold and warm chest.

Gain took a look at the clock on her bedside table, however, a small white envelope caught her attention. Sitting up gently so she wouldn’t wake her husband up, Gain leaned on the bed headboard and opened the letter. If she only smiled when she saw the words on the front, Gain couldn’t contain her giggles as she read through her husband’s letter. Her giggles must have woken Kwon up as the arm draped over her thighs tightened and a chuckle came with muffled words.

“Such a good wife you are. Being so happy when you’re about to cheat on your husband, so early in the morning”

Looking down to her still-sleepy-husband, Gain saw him smiling with his eyes still closed, his face half buried in the pillow. Gain felt blessed that he was her husband and the fact that they were next to each other at this very moment warmed her heart the most. Being a mischievous wife she was, Gain retorted, with laughter in her voice

“Why not? Even though this guy is not handsome… (‘Yah’ another muffled shout from the man next to her)… but he’s so sweet, he knows how hard I have to deal with the two little rascals and a kiddy husband (a light slap on her thigh) and so he offers me such a tempting opportunity”

A laugh escaped from Kwon’s mouth, he opened one eye to look at his happy wife. Thinking that everything he has done, it was just for this, the happy smile on her face that made her eyes almost disappeared. Tugging her down so she laid next to him again, Kwon nuzzled in her shoulder. Gain pushed him on to his back so that she was half lying on top of him, looking at him with her eye-smile

“Heuheuheu… ah.. i love that guy” Gain laughed, she reached up and plant a sweet kiss to Kwon’s lips and whispered “Thank you”.

Then she got up “Ok, now let’s get up, I still have to prepare breakfast for you and the kids”

But as soon as she sat up, Kwon pulled her down again, turned her on her back. He then draped his arm and leg over her body, face buried deep on to her shoulder

“No, it’s 7:00 only, cook what?”

“Yeobo, the kids’ rice needs longer time to cook, you know that. Let me up”

Gain tried to push him off even though she also wanted to enjoy his warmth for a little while.

“No need, we’ll eat cereal for breakfast today. It’s chocolate. They are my kids. They’ll like it” Kwon said as he gave soft bites to her neck, effectively weakened Gain’s resolve.

“Yah~~ yeobo ah…” Gain couldn’t help but moaned as not only Kwon was teasing her neck but his hand mysteriously slipped inside her shirt and now caressing her back.

Needless to say Gain was glad that their job allowed them flexible work schedule and their kids normally didn’t wake up until 9. And Kwon? He was just extremely happy.

After Kwon kissed the kids goodbye and went off to his meeting in the morning, Gain gave the kids their cereal before she called her secretary to arrange her meetings for the days.

As she left the kitchen, Jae Won started to try to spoon-feed his brother Jae Sung. With short arm and heavy spoon, most of the cereals ended up on to Jae Sung’s nose or the floor. Annoyed with his hyung, Jae Sung pushed Jae Won’s hand away, shouted as a drop of milk drop got into his eyes. It made Gain rushed back to the kitchen just in time for the whole bowl of milk flew toward her and drenched her shirt with the chocolate milk.

“What happened here?” Gain sternly asked the kids.

“Hyung dropped milk to eyes” Jae Sung wailed.

Gain quickly wiped his eyes,while explained to Jae Won that, no, he didn’t need to feed his dongsaeng. He only needed to finished his food. Gain then prepared another bowl for Jae Sung and cleaned up the mess on the floor.

After she cleaned up the spilled cereal, and the twins finished their breakfast, Gain put them to their play-matt and she went to change her wet shirt to another one. However, as soon as the twins saw their mom coming back from her room, Jae Sung suddenly burst out crying while calling for his mom. Gain panicked, she ran to Jae Sung and hugged him tightly, “What’s wrong, sweetie?”

“Omma.. Omma..hik..is hurt.. Hik.. I..hik..don’t like..hik..it” Jae Sung said between his hiccups.

“Huh? Omma is not hurt. Why do you say that?”

Chubby finger pointed to a red mark near her collar bone “There.. why are you hurt, omma?” And his discovery led Jae Won’s eyes followed his dongsaeng’s finger and cried.

It’s the first time after a long while that Gain was rendered speechless, and it’s not even about English. Truly panicking now, she mentally slapped herself for carelessly wearing such a big shirt and tried to came up with some excuses to sooth her crying twins.

“Honey, omma is not hurt,ok? I’m fine” she wiped the tears for her kids.

“Really omma?” Jae Won asked. “But what’s that?”

“Uh…. there was a really big mosquito”

“Then it must be hurt…” Jae Won’s lips started to quiver again, he still remembered last time he got bitten by a mosquito during their family picnic, it was so itchy and hurt too. And that was a small mosquito only, how hurt it must be this time for his omma, it’s a big one.

“No no no…” Gain quickly stopped the kid from wailing again. “Uhm.. Appa already fought the moquito away.”

“Really? Appa is so cool!!!”, the twins clapped for their father excitedly, not knowing how much their mom was berating their dad in her mind.

“Omma, omma….” the twins chirpy voices pulled Gain back to reality, “Next time, we will help appa fighting the monster mosquito. We won’t let you get hurt, omma” As awkward as it was, Gain was happy seeing her sons were very protective of their mom.

When Kwon was back home, he was surprised that there were another 2 occupants on his bed playing happily

“What is this? why there’re two piggies on my bed?” Kwon smilingly asked.

“APPA~~~~” The twins saw their appa, their hero in protecting their omma, and jumped on to him happily.

“Oof, you’re too heavy” Kwon pretended to fall down to the bed, hugging both of them tightly in his arms. The twins showered kisses on his face until he tickled them both and they started laughing so much they kept flapping their arms and legs on his body and face.

“Now, can you tell me why they’re here?” Kwon asked his wife, who was laughing at the sight of her kids playing with their dad.

“You ask them” Gain smirked, it just came to her that it would be fun to see he attempted to explain to the kids.

“Appa” Jae Won tugged Kwon’s hand.

“Hmm?” Kwon looked at his firstborn by 2 minutes.

“Can we sleep with you and omma today?” Jae Sung continued the question on his other side

“Why?” Kwon asked.

“We will help you fighting the monster mosquito..” Jae Won proudly said.

“Mosquito?” Kwon was really confused.

JaeSung stood up and walked to Gain, pointed at her collar bone “The monster mosquito bit Omma here. we will help you chasing it…”

Kwon was dumbfound for a moment before he realized what’s the mosquito bite meant. He quickly looked at Gain only to find she was looking at the fashion magazine in hand intently, ‘Very nice, yeobo’ he thought ‘very nice….’

Then he turned to the twins “Ah that mosquito, appa remember now. Jae Wonnie, Jae Sungie, that mosquito bit appa too..” then he lifted his shirt a little to show a red mark on his abs, much to Gain’s horror. The kids’ eyes widened in fear. They didn’t think their cool appa got bitten by the monster, too.

With a proud smirk, Kwon put down his shirt and said, “But appa fought that mosquito away for real. It won’t come back, so you kids don’t have to worry”

“Really? But it can bite you too” 4 innocent eyes looking up to him, with both worry and admiration.

“It’s gone for real. Appa promised.” Kwon tapped lightly on their heads “Now, it’s late, let’s appa take a shower then I’ll take you both back to your room, ok?”

“Okay~~” even though they were glad their omma and appa were safe, the twins were still a little bit worry over the mosquito that could bite even their appa.

“Kids, we’re going to be ok..” Gain hugged them. “No monster can harm omma and appa when we have 2 brave heroes sleeping across our room, right?” She kissed them soundly on the cheek and the kids just returned their mom’s embrace tightly.

Later that night, after a story and a lullaby, Kwon got back to their room, yawning. As he saw Gain changed into her sleep wear, he smirked, “Mosquito huh? Very nice, yeobo”

Gain glared at him “How could you show them like that? Wanna die?”

Kwon laughed, “I didn’t start it” then he got under the cover.

“Anyway, I’m glad that the ‘mosquito’ will disappear now” Gain

“Don’t be silly, Gain-ah” Kwon reached up to turn off the light and pulled her into his embrace. “The mosquito is very smart, it will find spots that can’t be seen”

“YAH~~”

“Now, sleep, the mosquito is tired already. Working so hard since the morning” Kwon tugged her closer to him and in no time both drifted off to dream land in each other’s arms.

E.N.D

===

LOL This is still NOT the date… and NO. it’s NOT a guarantee that there will be one! Stop pushing and nagging already.

Thanks to Crabbie for proofreading this shot, fixing my grammar and spelling.. And sorry my other 2 quad sis Dino and Rua that we kept this secret from you. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

=====
Thanks to panda for allowing me to post it here too XD