Part 3

Burgers and night walks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun sighs as she gets into bed at the hotel they were currently staying at. 

 

It's been a week since the fansign event and Sana hasn't messaged her or anything. She blankly looks at her phone and the countless messages she's sent Sana since last week. 

 

The last one asking Sana to let her explain. 
 

She was stupid, she should've just told the truth and confessed that Sana was a good friend of hers. Oh and that she had feelings for her.

 

She heard a knock on the door, Dahyun groans and gets out of her warm bed, to answer it. To find Tzuyu and Chaeyoung stood there with cans of beer and food. 

 

" Let us in, you heartbroken weirdo" Chaeyoung jokes. 

 

Dahyun groans and steps aside letting her group in. 

 

" No message from her yet?" Chaeyoung asked setting out the small table and putting all the food and cans of beer on top of it.

 

" No, she refuses to even look at my messages" Dahyun said feeling frustrated, all she wanted to do was take a flight back to Seoul and apologise to Sana.

 

" You shouldn't have listened to Jeongyeon, she may be our manager but she gives the worst advice," Tzuyu said quietly eating.

 

" I was also trying to protect the group's image"

 

" Who cares about that, I think we've made enough of a good name for ourselves to stop caring about what the media thinks, are you really gonna let the media affect your friendship with Sana?" Chaeyoung said.

 

" Hmm I don't know" 

 

" You're such an idiot" 

 

" Yes yes so i've heard" Dahyun sighs finally eating and she opens a can of beer chugging it. 

 

Dahyun was scared. She was scared to admit the fact that only 2 weeks of knowing Sana, she already had this big of an impact on her.

 

It's stupid. 

 

She's stupid.

 

She always priorities her work over her own self, and ever since she was a trainee, relationships where out of reach. Her career was put above anything else.

 

Her personality only started regaining itself when she started getting more freedom. Sana was helping her get back to her younger self, the one full of life and playfullness. 

 

" How do you know you like someone?" Dahyun asked out of the blue, she stares at the beer in her hand, playing with the can lid.

 

" You're asking the wrong people" Chaeyoung chuckles, her mind already buzzed from drinking. 

 

" It's really not that hard Dahyun" Tzuyu says, the only logical one of the three of them. Tzuyu feels the buzz in her mind but unlike her light weight friends, she has some sense when she's tipsy. 

 

" So when you like someone you just know? like when a lightbulb goes off in your head? or when your heart just beats a little faster?" 

 

" Yeah I guess so, but it's more like a gun being pointed at your head and heart, so your brain only thinks of them and your heart only pounds for them" 
 

 

Dahyun thinks about it, the first time she met Sana, her heart did that weird little jump. 

 

" Hmm, then what does it mean to like a person?" 

 

" Is this about Sana?" Tzuyu asked with a raised eyebrow, she looks at Dahyun her face looked like when you take candy of a child. 

 

" Yeah, I just can't help but feel like i've ed up, and I shouldn't be thinking like this, because she's only a girl i've met for a few weeks" Dahyun groans out slamming her head on the table. Surely leaving a red mark on her forehead.

 

" Well maybe it's because Sana makes you feel like your you. Dahyun no offense but you had zero human interaction when we were trainees, so interacting with someone that makes your dopamine levels high makes your brain go fuzzy and say stupid . It's like a defence mechanism" 

 

" How can I fix my mess?" Dahyun asks, her words muffled into the table.

 

" Best thing you can do right now is focus on the tour and fix it when we get back" Tzuyu advices.

 

" Yeah if Sana is even waiting for you" Chaeyoung adds in, Tzuyu glares at her, silently saying to shut the up. 

 

Dahyun groans even more after hearing Chaeyoung. Sana won't be that stupid to wait for her. Who knows by the time she gets back, Sana might've moved on.

 

Dahyun can only hope. 

 

--

" I can't believe she lied to me?, was she even planning to tell me at all?" Sana continues to rant pacing back and forth in her room. 

 

Momo and Mina silently watch as Sana goes through an angry rant about Dahyun, it was quite amusing, they've never seen Sana so worked up. Usually she's calm and collected.

 

It's been a week, Sana's phone was blowing up with messages from Dahyun, she's ignored every single one of them. Can you really blame her? She's been lied to and suddenly her entire face is all over Korea. 

 

Her sadness eventually turned into a lot of why's and her why's turned into anger and confusion.

 

" What would your reaction be if she told you she was part of Korea's most famous group?" Momo asked seriously. 

 

" I would simply just brush it off" Sana says, Mina and Momo gave her a pointed look, they didn't believe her.

 

" Fine I don't know what I would do" Sana sighs taking a seat between her two friends. Her face in her hands. 

 

" Miyeon asked you to hang out right?, why don't you take her offer and go hang out with her to take your mind of Dahyun" Mina suggested. 

 

Miyeon was a student athlete in their university and she had been eyeing Sana since the start of the year, and only recently had the courage to ask her out on a date. She was always scared to since Sana never really made friends, and would be only seen with Mina and Momo. 

 

" I don't need to take my mind of her, i'm over it, what's done is done" 

 

That was a lie. In the back of her mind she still had Dahyun. Her laugh, her face and her stupid jokes that Sana was just getting used to. 

 

" Sure..." Both Mina and Momo said not believing a single word from their friend. Sana was always so headstrong never letting a single mistake get in her way and always moving past it. 

 

This trait of hers was good, but right now it's not ideal for the situation. 

 

Momo and Mina both know that the headstrong girl had feelings for Dahyun, even a blind man could see it. 

 

" I'll go on that date with Miyeon" Sana says standing up and going to take a shower.

 

" When will she admit she likes Dahyun?" Mina asked.

 

" The day hell freezes" 

 

--

A Month later 

 

Photographers waited patiently at Incheon international airport, waiting to take photos of one of the most popular idol groups in the world and in korea. 

 

The group SMC have finished their month long tour and many fans and paparazzi await their arrival. 

 

" Finally a nice long break" Chaeyoung sighs as she relaxes into her plane seat. They were currently travelling on a private plane back to South Korea and were bound to land in twenty minutes.

 

Their tour was successful, it was exhausting for everyone involved and now they only have one concert left. Their encore concert which will be held in South Korea. 

 

" I'll miss performing, but I agree a nice break is needed badly" Tzuyu says also relaxing she looked over at Dahyun who was quite.

 

Dahyun has been back to the quite and barely talking person she was before. Ever since the scandal happened she has put herself back in her shell, her comfort space.

 

" Well done, for the successful world tour, now let's cheers before we land" Jeongyeon says lifting up her champagne glass along with the other two. She looked over at Dahyun who was too busy mindlessly staring out of the window.

 

Jeongyeon sighed, knowing exactly what's going through that brain of hers, she found out the girl's name was Sana and Dahyun met her when they accidentally left her. 

 

Jeongyeon felt the need to protect the three younger girl's and she knows that telling Dahyun to call Sana a fan was a low shot, and it was an move, but she needed to do her job to protect the company and image of her idols. 

 

" What are you guys planning to do with your long break?" Jeongyeon asked trying to make conversation to see if Dahyun would pipe in. 

 

"I'm gonna paint, and actually shop for new clothes, my wardrobe is looking plain, and maybe find myself a girlfriend" Chaeyoung said wiggling her eyebrows.

 

" Pffttt, chances of that happening are 1 to zero percent-- I'll be flying out to Taiwan for a week to visit my family" Tzuyu said teasing Chaeyoung. 

 

" I'll let you know, that I have multiple girls willing to date me" Chaeyoung boasts making Jeongyeon and Tzuyu laugh out loud causing her to frown.

 

"Ok sure whatever helps you sleep at night" 

 

Dahyun's body freezes for a moment, remembering when Sana said that to her the first time they met. She tuned their conversation out and continued to stare outside.

 

She was glad that their tour was at the end of its leg, it's been exhausting but fun seeing all the fans around the world. She however missed one certain Japanese girl that plagued her mind non-stop.

 

First thing she's gonna do is visit her and apologise for everything. There's one problem in her plan, she doesn't know if Sana is willing to even listen to her or if Sana's forgotten about her or maybe both. 

 

After every concert Dahyun checks her phone to see if Sana has replied to any of her messages. One night a peak of curiosity hit her and she went on instagram to see if she could find Sana's and she miraculously found out. 

 

She scrolled through her posts and smiled at the pictures, she missed her face and voice. She missed Sana telling her how stupid she was after every dumb joke she would make. 

 

Dahyun sighs one more as the pilot announces that they were landing soon. Dahyun takes out her phone and scrolls through social media once again to find SMC trending on searches and seeing how many fans are waiting at the airport for them. 

 

She takes one curious look on instagram, since she hasn't checked in a while and saw Sana post so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter