Who Are You?...

Battle of the Hearts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Uuhm...  I hate to interrupt but we've been lookin for the two of you..."  Seungri was looking very uncomfortable, unsure what to do.

"The two of us?"  Seunghyun addressed Seungri, his expression unreadable, as if the "almost kiss" didn't happen at all, while Dara, on the other hand, was fidgeting on Seunghyun's side, her cheeks registered crimson as she's still trying to recover from the compromising position she put herself in a moment ago.

"Yes, hyung, the-two-of-you," Seungri chipped in, stating the words very slowly like a teacher would to preschoolers.  "Uhm, do you two know each other?"  Seungri asked stupidly , wide-eyed, trying hard to keep a straight face.

Dara was still unable to find her voice, "Yes, we do," Seunghyun bit out, not meaning to offer any more explanation.  He then tossed the question back at Seungri.  "Do you know each other?"

"Yes, we do, hyung," Seungri mimicked, finding an interesting development in the situation.  "She came with my girlfriend, I told you they'll be here.  Dara noona, Seunghyun hyung is my cousin."  Seungri said while grinning.

"Oh." escaped from Dara's lips.  The first time she opened and that's the only word her mind can come up with, Dara thought disgustedly.  Where is her freaking brain when she needed it?  She prayed the earth would just swallow her whole right there and then.

"Seungri, have you found...Oh unnie, here you are" this came from CL, "we were wondering if you were alright," she looked at Dara...then her eyes went to Seunghyun...then bak to Dara again, giving her a questioning look.

"Hyung, this is Lee Chaerin, my girlfriend.  CL, I want you to meet my dear cousin, Choi Seunghyun."  Seungri happily introduced the two.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Choi."  CL shook Seunghyun's hand.

Seunghyun winced, "please, just call me Seunghyun, it's nice to finally meet you Chaerin.  However, I don't see why wou would waste your time on Seungri here, he's a lost cause I tell you.  You will be regretting your decision."  Seugnhyun joked.

"Haha!  Don't mind my hyung, he's just jealous," Seungri chirped in.  "Okay, we really need to get bak now.  The guys are quite hungry already," Seungri turned to Seunghyun meaningfully, "and hyung, someone's very impatient waiting for you."

Seunghyun wiped his smile instantly, Dara looked at Seunghyun but his face has become devoid of any emotion.  Dara narrowed her eyes, following behind the couple back to the party.

 

 

=======

 

 

Dara have never felt more awkward in her life.  She was in the table seated beside Youngbae while Bom was on her left, the latter giving her teasing looks all the while.  Chaerin was seated beside Bom with Seungri at his side of course.  Seunghyun was seated across Dara and to make matters worse, his girlfriend is beside him as well, opposite Youngbae, then beside her is Daesung.

"Okay... Dara thought to herself, get a grip on yourself Dara, reprimanded herself.  I don't have the right to feel this way.  But why do I feel like a knife has been twisted in my gut can someone care to explain?  Okay, so Youngbae explained to me that they're not in a relationship per se, but said they might as well be, coz their parents are pushing them to marry already.

Dara smiled to herself while listening to Youngbae.  Youngbae is all handsome and muscles, but man, can he gossip.  Thank God for Youngbae, he's been keeping me entertained, at least he's putting my thoughts off those crazy, delusional snippets.

Dara laughed at something Youngbae had said when she caught sight of Seughyun's angry gaze on her.

Is he mad at me? Again? Dara thought.   What did I do now?  Dara shifted her gaze on his girlfriend, and to Dara's surprise, she was bestowed the same reaction as from Seunghyun.  For a while she has been giving Dara odd looks.

Dara bowed her head and sighed, deciding to just ignore them.

"Dara let's dance!"  Bom elbowed her, then pulled her along to the dance floor, following behind Seungri and CL.  The four of them made a semi-circle and danced around.  Daesung, Youngbae and Hara joined them a little later.  Dara was glad to ease the tension on her nerves.

The lights suddenly turned low, the music on the speakers changing to a slow and sensual beat.  CL turned to Seungri, Daesung asking Hara for the dance, to which, surprisingly, the latter didn't refuse.

"May I have this dance?"  Dara heard behind her, seeing Seunghyun when she turned to face him.  Dara checked to see Youngbae, but saw him together with Bom already.  Dara reluctantly put her hand in his, suddenly tensing up.

"Whatever's the matter?" he asked crisply.  "Relax for God's sake," he said a moment later, as she resisted his efforts to draw her into his embrace.  "I only want to dance with you!"

"Why didn't you ask your girlfriend to dance with you, she'd be more than willing."  Dara spouted icily.

"Whoever said she's my girlfriend?..and I'd rather have this dance with you."  Seunghyun said in a low drawl, sending shivers to Dara's entire anatomy.  Uh-oh, trouble, here we go again, Dara warned in her mind.

Seunghyun ran his fingers lightly down her spine.  Dara instinctively arched away from his touvh only to find her body pressed against his, his arms holding her captive.  Seunghyun smiled lazily down into her flushed face.

Dara told herself it was just a dance, nothing more, but the male scent of him filled her nostrils, tantalizing her, making her aware of the muscular strength of him as he moulded her body to his, and she turned her face away, hoping desperately he couldn't fell the betraying pounding of her heart.

He wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter