Chapter 1

The Blue Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The wind was howling bringing along the tree leaves with it causing them to make a loud continues rustling noise in the dead of the night. Somewhere along an alley way a college kid working a part time job to make ends meet thread the narrow pavement road on his way back home. Still in his work clothes, he skipped, hopped, just to entertain himself on his route as he walked alone. Music blasting on his ears, his hands gripping tight against his backpack.

 

The stores and houses that he was passing by were all already closed. It was nearing one in the morning, only a few vehicles were present in the main road where he was far away from. No other person could be seen on the way as he kept on walking. He was almost halfway home. All that he could think of the moment was the song playing in his ears and the warm feeling once his back embraces his small worn out mattress.

 

 He took a left turn, one that was not well lit as the previous road. Some lamp post were missing their lights while some were glitching on and off trying to find a steady rhythm in power. But to his dismay, the light towards him completely went dark. He had missed his step and landed on a puddle soaking his left shoe in the process. A series of curses left the kid's mouth as he quickly reached for his phone on his pocket to open its flashlight function. But before he could even pull it out of his pants, a voice spoke behind him, a sharp object was already being pressed to his side.

 

"One word and you're done." It was a man. His voice was deep that it made the kid even more nervous each passing second. He immediately froze on the spot after hearing what he had to say. "Hand over your phone and money, kid." 

 

He knew that he should do as the man say but the only money he had left in his pocket was to be used for his tuition which was long overdue. He worked for it for months so he could continue his studies. He was in his last year, stopping would mean wasting all of his and his family's efforts. 

Maybe if the tried to fight he would stand a chance. The man was just a little bit bigger than him. Much stronger but he knew he was quicker. But his thoughts stopped once the knife poking his side started to drive deeper in his body.

 

"I said give m—" The kid didn't get to hear the man finish his sentence when he felt his grip loosen around his arms, the sound of a clanking metal echoed around the street. He turned around only to find the man on the ground, lifeless.

 

After checking if he had any wound the kid looked around him only to see an empty street and flickering lights. With shaking knees he picked himself up and sprinted away the scene without turning back.

 

 

 

The view of the skyline from where she stood looked impeccable even for someone like her. The gusts of wind blowing against the cloud causing them to form various shapes over the hue of the sky was enough to entertain her all day long. But when one looks up, she must not forget to look down because that's where everything happens.

 

Her point of perspective made her feel like a giant towering over countless of ants going about their busy day. Leaning over the steel railings of the building rooftop, her eyes scanned over the city hunting, searching for her next target.

 

The wind suddenly stopped blowing around her for a quick second and came back clashing down the next causing her clothes and hair to go all over the places. The sound of feet landing behind her made her smirk unbeknownst to the new visitor.

 

What a show off, she thought. For a wingless angel, she does know how to make an entrance. "How could you defeat me if you always announce your presence like that." she said without turning her head back.

 

"I have no desire to defeat you in anyway, Karina." Giselle answered. Standing just a few inches smaller than the devil, Giselle looked relatively shorter than Karina who until now preferred to wear three inched heels to match her suit. She definitely looked like one of those secret agents from the movie Men in Black save for the glasses. She would have loved to tease the devil about it but she doubts that she have watched it in the first place.

 

"Smart choice." The devil replied. She turned around this time to face Giselle. The angel was wearing a long brown coat two shades lighter than the color of her hair over a knitted sweater which led h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter