4.

Midnight Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Jungsoo?” Heechul was startled upon seeing Jungsoo.

 

He never imagined their path would cross. His thoughts were messed up and he couldn't find any words to say. 

 

“Hi.” Jungsoo casually responded and smiled at Heechul.

 

Jungsoo walked towards him and sat next to his chair. They had their own chair and it was next to each other.

 

“Why are you here?” He asked and completely lost in his own mind.

 

“I am your co-host. I didn't know you were my partner for this upcoming event tho. I only found out today since Mr. Kang never informed me.” Jungsoo responded and he was calm while Heechul was damn nervous.

 

Heechul turned his back when Jungsoo sat down next to his chair. 

 

“Same here... he never said anything about you.” Heechul whispered but just enough to be heard.

 

“It's already obvious. As soon as you saw me, you were shocked and nervous.”

 

He was right. Instead of answering Jungsoo, he just chuckled. He was trying to calm himself down cause it was been so long since they've seen each other. Jungsoo was still the same but looks more handsome than before. 

 

He was glowing—his eyes were shining too.

 

“Uhh i think so...” Heechul laughed awkwardly.

 

After a short conversation, they both shut their mouth and the room was filled with awkwardness.

 

Heechul couldn't calm himself down while the other one was busy checking his phone. His composure remained the same and acted so cool as if everything was fine. 

 

Heechul walked back and forth, praying his manager would come back to get him. But as the minutes passed, no one showed up and he was locked up in a same room with Jungsoo. 

 

“Are you nervous? Why don't you sit and calm your nerves. You look so tense.” Jungsoo suddenly spoke to him and looked over his shoulder.

 

Their eyes met and Heechul was the one who averted his eyes on him.

 

“I'm waiting for my manager. I-uhhh i asked him to bring me a food cause hmm i haven't eaten yet. Oh maybe uhh i should find him.” Heechul responded while stuttering. He wanted to slap himself so hard because he didn't know why he was acting this way.

 

“Oh you can have this. I brought this and i was the one who baked it.” Jungsoo started rummaging his bag and looked for it.

 

“No, I'm fine...” As he refused to have it, Jungsoo handed the muffins to him.

 

“Here. You should eat before we start our rehearsal.”

 

Heechul grabbed the muffins from Jungsoo and let out an awkward laugh. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter