Chapter 8

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RRRRRR RRRRRRR

RRRRRRR

“Ugh.”

Tiffany woke up from the constant loud ringtone from her phone. She sat up on the bed with a groan and felt her head aching so bad. She must have drunk way too much last night, she thought.

She reached her hand onto the nightstand and blindly searched for her phone. With a heavy head, she squinted her eyes at the phone screen and saw the name “Lee Donghae Manager-nim” on it.

“Why's that man calling me so early in the morning?”

She mumbled to herself, wanting to hung up and go back to sleep again. But not meaning to be rude, she decided to answer after clearing .

“Hello, Manager-nim.”

“Morning, Tiffany! Did you get home safely last night?”

“Um…yes, I did. Did you drive me home?” she asked, trying to recall how she even got back home last night but all she could feel was her throbbing head.

“Wow, you were totally out, weren't you?” she heard Donghae's laugh, “I tried to, at first, but some girl came and picked you up with a taxi. She said she was Yeri's friend?”

That caught Tiffany off guard.

Taeyeon? Taeyeon took me home last night?

“Anyway, just wanting to check if you're feeling ok. You know you drank so much last night.”

“Ah, yes. I actually drank quite a lot. My head hurts a bit but it's fine. I'll get to the studio soon,” the American-Korean woman replied, feeling kind of embarrassed that she showed her drunk side in public.

“Oh, about that, I also called to tell you that you can just rest at home comfortably today. I'll give you a day off.”

She was about to politely decline the offer when she realized her aching head and numb body. Some time off wouldn't be so bad.

“Half day off is fine with me, Manager-nim. I'll come in the evening as we have team meeting.”

“Ok then, half day it is, although I’m ok with a full day. Where else can I find a team member so beautiful and at the same time always hardworking?”

Tiffany secretly cringed at his cheesy remark but still felt grateful, “Thank you so much, Manager-nim, for your kind permission.”

“If you really thank me…” Donghae paused a bit hesitantly before continuing, “will you join me to watch a musical this Sunday evening? I got two tickets but have no one to go with. Come on, Tiffany. You rejected my offers so many times already. Colleagues can also go watch musicals together sometimes, right?”

Tiffany sighed silently. It was true that she always rejected his invitations and she felt kind of guilty about that, when he was persuading very consistently and enthusiastically.

“Understood, Manager-nim. I'll go with you.”

“Assa! You promised, Tiffany!”

 

 

“Morning, Taeyeon,” She greeted the girl looking busy with something in the kitchen.

“G-Good morning,” was the girl's short reply after sparing a quick glance at her and looking away, and focused back to spreading jam onto slices of bread. She felt something was a bit off.

Regardless, she seated on a chair around the dining table. “I heard you fetched me from the bar last night and took me back home. Thank you so much, Taeyeon. Normally my alcohol tolerance is high but last night I think it was over my limit. I can't even remember how you came and sent me back to home anymore.”

It got the teenager frozen on her spot.

That means she doesn't remember what happened last night?

The previous night, after giving a peck on her lips that lasted for a few seconds, Tiffany slept all the way on the taxi with her head nuzzled into Taeyeon's neck.

When they reached home, Taeyeon supported Tiffany's drunk and sleepy body by putting her arm around the woman's waist and the woman's arm around her shoulder and then walked to her bedroom. She actually had to put her onto her bed, take her shoes off and adjust the temperature and the light in the room before she went back to her own room.

As a result, her whole body broke out in cold sweat and wildly beating heart that stopped her from sleeping the entire night.

 

“Oh, you made bread with jam? Thanks, Taeyeon-ah. There's a lot I have to thank you for, now that I see it,” Tiffany beamed, extending her hand to reach for a plate in front of her.

“That's not for you, Ms. Tiffany,” Taeyeon quickly pulled the plate away and placed another one in front of the woman instead, “It’s with peanut butter so you can't eat that.”

“How did you know I'm allergic to peanuts?” the older woman asked, surprised. She couldn't remember telling the girl about the allergy.

Taeyeon blinked, trying to recall. She just acted in reflex without any thought.

How did I know that? Oh well.

“I can't remember clearly. Maybe I heard from Yeri.”

Tiffany nodded in acknowledgment, and started eating the bread with orange jam Taeyeon prepared for her.

The highschooler took her own seat and stared at the woman briefly, “So…you can't remember anything from last night? Like…not at all?”

“Yeah, I can’t think of anything yet actually. Perhaps because my head is still aching. Why? Did I do something?” asked Tiffany, totally clueless.

Yes, you did. You freaking kissed me, Ms. Tiffany.

“No, not really,” Taeyeon denied, feeling subtly relieved and disappointed at the same time, “By the way, I also made honey lemon drink. I've heard it's good for hangover. Please make sure to drink up after breakfast.”

“So sweet of you, Taeyeon. Thanks.”

I swear that eyesmile will be the death of me.

 

 

“Drink up, Tiffany. Hope you're feeling better?”

Tiffany looked up at the person who placed a bottle of vitamin drink for recovering hangover on the table in front of her. The man smiled at her and occupied the seat next to her.

“Ooh~” “He’s so sweet!” “Have they started dating?”

Tiffany lowkey glared at the people gushing and whispering, signaling them to stop. She was so tired of those teases and gossips from everyone but those people didn't seem to get tired yet.

“Thank you, Manager-nim. I'm good now.”

Donghae nodded, watching her drinking from the bottle, “You did reached home safely last night, right? I was honestly worried because I wanted to give you a ride but that girl plainly rejected me and went ahead with a taxi. Kids these days tend to lack manners, right? Oh, not for kids like Yeri, of course.”

Taeyeon did that? She’s not that kind of person though.

“I think you might have misunderstood her because she's quite a nice and kind girl.”

“Dunno,” Donghae shrugged, “But I still remember how she shot a glare at me and yanked you away from me. It's not like I was about to do something bad.”

 

“Ms. Tiffany!”

“I said no need.”

“Now, please excuse us.”

Suddenly, memories started flashing back into her brain and it surprised her because all Donghae just said seemed to be true.

Taeyeon actually did so?

“Team, now that everyone's here, let's start the meeting!”

Donghae's word barely registered into her ears and head as she wondered why the teenager would do such action that differs from her normal self while flashbacks also appeared in her brain one by one.

“Ms. Tiffany…I was just trying to…tidy you a bit.”

“I missed you, Erika. I missed you so much.”

“Sorry, Ms. Tiffany? Wh-“

OH MY GOD! I DID NOT-

“What's wrong, Tiffany?” Donghae asked the woman who suddenly stood up amidst the meeting, startled.

Then she only realized all eyes in the room were on her, expressing shock and curiosity.

“I-I…sorry.”

She sat back down with a pounding heart, the image of herself kissing the certain girl in the taxi shocking her being to the bones.

Was it just a dream or an imagination? Or…did it really happen? Oh gosh…don't let it happen. Please.

 

 

“Yes, stay behind, Taeyeon! I'mma slay this!”

“No way, Hwang Yeri! Just watch me taking over.”

🎼 Tteonabollae when the weekend comes

I can do whatever I want

Baram ttara heuteojin cloud

Deo jayuropge we can go🎼

Alerted from the sound of her ringtone, Taeyeon eyed her phone put on the floor in front of her, and was surprised when she found

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter