Chapter 12

Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Playlist for Chapter 12:

All I want for Christmas is you - Mariah Carey

Stay with me - Punch & Chanyeol (Goblin OST)

 

 

“Scared…of Christmas?”

Boa shrugged, “yeah, but then again she loved seeing animation cartoons a lot, so could be that she happened to watch a scary Christmas cartoon or something similar.”

Tiffany nodded, but with a strange unsettling feeling in her mind. Then, her attention shifted to the sound of hurried footsteps coming down from the stairs, which belonged to no other than the two highschoolers.

“Umma! Auntie Boa!”

Yeri stood before the two women in her new Christmas-themed dress which was similar to Santa Claus outfit designed in girly version, a red velvety above-knees dress outlined by white fur, accompanied with a cute Santa hat on her head.

“How do we look?” she twirled her body around to show off her outfit.

“So so pretty, my daughter. Guess I'll have to keep a close watch at the boys at the party who’re gonna admire you,” Tiffany joked, her eyesmiles appearing at the sight of the excited girl.

Behind her was Taeyeon who was wearing the same outfit, looking fidgety and shy. Tiffany gushed secretly.

Gosh, she looks incredibly adorable.

“Do I really have to wear this, especially the hat? It's so embarrassing,” Taeyeon whined, side-eyeing at her friend.

“Keep this on, Taengoo. I chose these so carefully as I wanna go twinning with you. And what do you mean by embarrassing when you're looking so good!”

“That's right, Taetae,” Boa added, “You keep saying it's embarrassing but you're actually looking so pretty in this dress, right, Tiffany?” she looked to the side, seeking encouragement from the woman.

“Ah…yeah, that's true,” Tiffany stuttered a bit, but fortunately not noticeable, “You look so pretty, Taeyeon-ah.”

Taeyeon subtly bit her lower lip and looked down, blushing at the comment.

 

 

“Auntie!”

With a broad smile, Yeri hugged the woman in earnest who was welcoming them at the door, swaying side to side in affection.

“Aigoo, our Yeri baby!” the party host woman wearing green shirt and pants embraced the girl with the same eagerness, “not sure if because I haven't seen you in a while, you seem to have gotten taller,” she said, looking at the student from head to toe after breaking the hug.

“Really?” Yeri replied with sparkling eyes.

Then Sooyoung found an awkward looking girl standing behind Yeri who seemed to be around her age, “Oh, that's your best friend you told me, right? What's her name again? Ah…Taeyeon, right? Welcome to the party, Taeyeon! I'm the host here so you can tell me if you need anything,” she cheerfully greeted to which the girl replied with a short greeting and a polite bow.

A loud heartbeat rang in her chest like thunder when Tiffany realized something at the sight of the two greeting each other.

Oh shoot, I shouldn't have let them meet!

She thought, as she just remembered that Sooyoung almost noticed Taeyeon's resemblance to Erika during the short time they first met at Yeri's birthday party the previous year. Since then, she tried to not let the two see each other in case her friend noticed it again which will have many consequences she'd have to deal with. But this time, she forgot it and she cursed at herself for that.

Having no other choice, she just desperately prayed that Sooyoung kept herself busy at the party and wouldn't get to face the girl much.

“Yeri unnie?” A small voice appeared from behind Sooyoung, which revealed to belong to a little girl who was hugging Sooyoung's legs.

“Oh, hey there, Yoojung-ie! How have you been?” Yeri said in glee upon noticing the girl, as she knelt down to be on eye level with her. Yoojung was Sooyoung's 8-years-old second born who was shy but also had a lot of aegyo and quirks.

After exchanging two or three words with the girl, Yeri stood up again to face Sooyoung, “And where's Doyeon and Kyungsan? I miss them a lot as I haven't seen them for some time,” she asked, referring to Sooyoung's eldest daughter and youngest son.

“Doyeon is playing games with her friends and Kyungsan is being passed like a handball from one person to another among the guests,” Sooyoung laughed, “Now come inside! The party’s on.”

“Umma, can I go play with Yeri unnie?” Yoojung asked her mother, holding the hands of Yeri whom she grew particularly attached to.

“Of course, that is, if you're not causing any trouble to Yeri unnie.”

“Why would she?” Yeri replied, looking at the girl in adoration, “let’s go play, Yoojung-ah! Come on, Taengoo,” she pulled both the little girl and her friend inside.

“Finally, you came. It took you all these years, huh?” Sooyoung said to her best friend after the girls went inside, “Thanks for coming, Tiffany. This year's party feels exceptional as my bestie has finally joined in.”

“The pleasure's mine, Soo. Thanks for always inviting me every year although I’ve managed to come this year only.”

“Don't mention,” Sooyoung grinned, linking their arms together and pulling her inside, “let's go in. Kyungho oppa's gonna be happy to see you too,” she said, referring to her husband.

 

 

After talking with Sooyoung, Kyungho and their group of friends, Tiffany left the group to walk around the place, with a wine glass in her hand. And then she spotted a particular girl sitting alone at a table in a corner.

“What are you doing here alone?” she asked as she approached the girl who had a blank expression before she also noticed her.

“Just…having some time to myself,” Taeyeon replied with a faint smile, “I’m feeling kinda suffocated and dizzy right now, probably as I talked and interacted with a lot of new people here.”

Tiffany nodded, understanding Taeyeon's personality, “and have you seen Yeri?”

“She's drawing with the kids in the room at the back.”

“I see,” the woman replied, before she noticed a glass of purple liquid in front of the girl, “and that's not wine, right?”

Taeyeon subtly laughed and shook her head, “It’s grape juice.”

They fell into a comfortable silence as they gaze around in the house where some people were talking, some eating and drinking, some just chilling, and etc.

🎼 I just want you for my own

More than you could ever know

Make my wish come true

All I want for Christmas is you🎼

Tiffany felt her heart immediately sinking at the familiar music that slowly flew in the air as her thoughts also travelled back to many years ago.

 

December 2004

🎼 Oh, the fire is slowly dying

And, my dear, we're still goodbying

But as long as you'd love me so

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! 🎼

The young guy at the middle of the floor finished the song with a pose as everyone around cheered.

“Bravo, man!” “Nick, you rock!” “I'm falling for you!”

As the guy gave the audience a charming smile and left the spotlight, the place was taken by Shelly, the host for the Christmas party at her house.

“Thanks Nick for your awesome performance! We love it!” Shelly cheered, giving an applause, “and now, who will go next?”

Everyone looked at each other including Tiffany and Erika who were there to attend the party.

Not having any volunteer instantly, Shelly announced, “Did anyone notice? Our genius singer sports queen Erika hasn't taken her turn yet!”

With her statement, everyone’s eyes fell on Erika before they started to chant in unison, “Erika! Erika! Erika!”

Erika with a startled expression looked at her girlfriend beside who winked and nudged forward in approval.

“Ok, let's do it!” the blonde laughed and walked to the front in confident strides, as Shelly joined the crowd to stand beside her friend Tiffany who was about to watch her girlfriend perform.

Erika approached the small band behind to select the song and once finished, she took her place in front of the mic stand and grabbed the microphone.

 🎼 I don't want a lot for Christmas

There is just one thing I need

I don't care about the presents underneath the Christmas tree 🎼

She started off slow and everyone in the room fell silent, only focusing and listening to the singing in awe, as if bewitched. Erika's voice was certainly gifted.

🎼 I just want you for my own

More than you could ever know

Make my wish come true

All I want for Christmas is you

Yeah 🎼

Cheers and applauses roared at the end of the slow verse as everyone jammed along at the upbeat chorus. Tiffany also swayed her body a little in rhythm with the song as she kept her eyes on the singing girl. It was not very often that she got to hear Erika singing and she felt her stomach flip and flutter in hundreds of butterflies. She felt herself falling for the girl harder.

🎼 'Cause I just want you here tonight

Holding on to me so tight

What more can I do?

Oh, baby, all I want for Christmas is you 🎼

Erika stared straight and pointed her finger at Tiffany when she sang “you”, making her blush, while her friend Shelly nudged her in a teasing manner.

🎼 Oh-oh, all the lights are shining so brightly everywhere

And the sound of children's laughter fills the air

And everyone is singing

I hear those sleigh bells ringing

Santa, won't you bring me the one I really need?

Won't you please bring my baby to me? 🎼

Exclamations erupted from everywhere when she hit the note perfectly. Despite being into sports, Erika could sing like a pro. And Tiffany smiled widely, feeling so proud and at the same time silently cursed at some guys and girls who were swooning over her girlfriend.

 Then, she found Erika slowly walking to her while singing.

🎼 Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas

This is all I'm asking for 🎼

And she stood just in front of her.

🎼 I just wanna see my baby standing right outside my door 🎼

Erika extended her hand toward her, and feeling surprised in a pleasant way, she glanced around to see people smiling at them, some gushing, and some looking jealous. With a shy smile, she took the offering hand with hers as the older girl pulled her along to her original singing spot.

🎼 Oh, I just want you for my own

More than you could ever know 🎼

Erika arched her body backward, stretching their joined hands, and instinctively, Tiffany reflected the same move and then they pulled themselves close together, doing a little dance move. Erika then raised their joined arms and Tiffany twirled briefly, understanding the move.

I love how you and me perfectly get each other without having to speak out loud.

🎼 Make my wish come true

Oh, baby, all I want for Christmas is~~ 🎼

Erika faced the front without disconnecting their hands.

🎼 Youuuuu~~~~ 🎼

After hitting the high note, Erika knelt down in front of her, pulling out and giving her a red rose which Tiffany didn't even realize how she got it.

🎼 All I want for Christmas is you, baby 🎼

Erika stood up, leaving the remaining background music going as she gently held Tiffany's chin and pulled her into a kiss, causing thunderous cheers. Tiffany smiled into the kiss as she closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around Erika’s neck to pull her closer.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter