Chapter 1: Tag

Secrets | Alice in Borderland.

“Okay, could you please tell me what is going on right now?” I ask as we the others walk around.

 

There was no sight of the tagger yet, so we had some time to spare.

 

“Yes. You know the 4 types of games already. We must complete games like these in order to stay alive. That’s where the visa comes in. The days match the difficulty level of the games. Take this game for example. If we make it out alive, we get 5 days added to our visa. If you don’t complete the game, or your visa runs out, you die.”

 

“We..die? like actual dying?”

 

At that very moment a gunshot was heard. I look over the edge and saw a man on the 5th floor falling down; he got shot in the head.

 

“Oh my God..” I mumble.

 

“Just as expected.. there goes the first one.” Chisiya says as he watched the scene below us.

 

“Looks like we found the tagger.” He continues.

 

The tagger is wearing a horse mask and was carrying a gun in his right hand. He wasn’t running, just casually walking around the building.

I wanted to move around as well, try to look for the safe zone, but Chisiya stopped me.

 

“Just wait a bit longer if you want to survive.”

 

First 10 minutes pass and we heard several gunshots during this period. Chisiya and I didn’t move yet at all, but that was about to change.

 

“Everyone! The tagger is currently at the second floor of the central area! The tagger has bad vision because of his mask! Let’s inform each other of the tagger’s location and search for the safe zone together!” We hear someone yell somewhere below us.

 

“it’s a good idea, but I don’t think anyone will respond.” Chisiya says.

 

“The tagger is moving from the 4th floor of the central area! Anyone nearby, run!” We hear a girl shouting also somewhere below us.

 

Shortly after there was an announcement

8 minutes left till the game ends. Currently there are 7 survivors left.

 

I look over the edge once more to take in the scene when I notice the tagger opening fire on another player. Lucky for him he manages to hide on time. I also see the two guys who entered last; one with messy black hair and one with short, blonde dyed hair. The one with the black hair tries to help the person under fire, but in his attempt he got shot several times in the back.

 

“Noooo! Arisu!” I hear the blonde guy screaming.

 

Another announcement.

6 minutes left till the game ends. Currently there are 6 survivors left.

 

“Okay, lets go shall we?” Chisiya puts his hands in his pockets and makes his way to the stairs.

 

“Where to? Do you know where the safe zone could be?” I ask as I quickly follow after him.

 

“I know where to go. The tagger showed me.”

 

“What? How?”

 

“Easy. The whole time he was shooting up close, and just now it was from a distance. That is odd. Like he didn’t want that guy to enter that room. That can only mean one thing” he shrugs and makes his way to the apartment. I just follow behind him.

We run into the guy with the blonde hair.

 

“Follow us, he figured out where the safe zone is” I say and hold out my hand. Poor guy was still in shock about what I assume was his friend. And who can blame him.

He takes my hand and just follows without saying a word.

We enter the room and notice there is another tagger, but Chisiya took him out with a taser. How he got one, I do not know, but I’m very thankful. We have to push two buttons simultaneously to clear the game, so that’s what we did.

 

Another announcement

Game Clear. Congratulations

 

My first game is over. I have 5 days added to my visa, just like the other 5 survivors. The blonde guy we took with us is named Karube. He thanked us and went back to his other friend. Chisiya said he would join me so I wouldn’t be alone. 5 days.. 5 days until my visa runs out and I have to play another game. Oh dear.